talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forums

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's funny because while Vermont is dead last in GDP it's third in average personal net worth...

https://www.empower.com/the-currency/money/what-is-the-average-net-worth-by-state

Edited by Spike

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kind of wild too, especially when New York's 6 below them and 1 in 10 people in NYC is a millionaire.

I think state of NY has a lot of post-industrial decay. I don't know if there is a lot going on in Buffalo or Rochester. Also NYC has a lot of poverty

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

From reading all the usual suspects It appears like Trump said he could end that conflict,  there just appears to be a political split on continuing the war or a ceasefire. 

Trump also said he would build a wall at the Mexican border and let Mexico pay the the cost of it. So much to the believability of what Trump says.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Trump also said he would build a wall at the Mexican border and let Mexico pay the the cost of it. So much to the believability of what Trump says.

He also said he knows the McDonald’s menu better than anyone which is obviously not true with the hamburglar knocking around

On 29/06/2024 at 03:32, Rucksackfranzose said:

On 29/06/2024 at 03:41, Spike said:

He also said he knows the McDonald’s menu better than anyone which is obviously not true with the hamburglar knocking around

On 28/06/2024 at 23:18, Spike said:

It's funny because while Vermont is dead last in GDP it's third in average personal net worth...

https://www.empower.com/the-currency/money/what-is-the-average-net-worth-by-state

Looking at that, I assume Nevada is 11th, as that's a hell of a difference compared to the majority around them.

• Subscriber

I just have to take a step back here and just ask the question how the fuck did America get to this point. You have one candidate who's clearly too old and cant be coherent enough for a debate and you have the other who nearly everything out of his mouth is a lie and bullshit. 

20 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I just have to take a step back here and just ask the question how the fuck did America get to this point. You have one candidate who's clearly too old and cant be coherent enough for a debate and you have the other who nearly everything out of his mouth is a lie and bullshit. 

The latest supreme court decision is a head scratcher too. A president can now commit crimes as long as they're part of "official acts" but one president says they're not going to use that power and the presidential hopeful is gloating about how he will abuse this power. It's a strange decision because it effectively clears Nixon of all wrongdoing decades after he stepped down because he was going to be impeached for being a criminal.

Surveys show it's another unpopular decision with most people, left or right - so it's interesting because I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the US constitution for America to reign in it's supreme court. But they've clearly got to do something about a group of unelected people who hold their position for life that routinely re-write laws of the US on a whim, even when they're deeply unpopular laws with the US electorate.

Weird situation where the biggest threat to democracy and rule of law in the US are the people entrusted with protecting democracy and rule of law.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The latest supreme court decision is a head scratcher too. A president can now commit crimes as long as they're part of "official acts" but one president says they're not going to use that power and the presidential hopeful is gloating about how he will abuse this power. It's a strange decision because it effectively clears Nixon of all wrongdoing decades after he stepped down because he was going to be impeached for being a criminal.

Surveys show it's another unpopular decision with most people, left or right - so it's interesting because I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the US constitution for America to reign in it's supreme court. But they've clearly got to do something about a group of unelected people who hold their position for life that routinely re-write laws of the US on a whim, even when they're deeply unpopular laws with the US electorate.

Weird situation where the biggest threat to democracy and rule of law in the US are the people entrusted with protecting democracy and rule of law.

The USA is the cusp of doing something great again, alright.  I'm literally speechless on this 'official acts' bullshit.

• Upvote 2