Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [8. Spieltag] - 21st-22nd Nov, 2020

Get in! A draw that almost feels like a win... Bayern clearly better in the second half, but we played clever, defended well, managed to take a point and even had a few good chances to score on a counter. Didn't expect a performance like that, gives hope for the rest of the season.

• Upvote 3

Just a thought for nudge - did you get the impression that this Bayern performance was almost the same as the poor National game against Spain - something is not right somewhere!

5 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Just a thought for nudge - did you get the impression that this Bayern performance was almost the same as the poor National game against Spain - something is not right somewhere!

Surely can't compare a 1-1 with a 0-6 xD 

• Haha 1

Crazy how good Barkok is for Frankfurt, whereas he was pretty invisible at Fortuna. 

Werder are gonna win the league aren't they?

Quality result for Bremen it has to be said.... means a whole load of us are also out of Last Man Standing this week xD

Just the 4 goals for Haaland tonight.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just the 4 goals for Haaland tonight.

Typical Saturday night for Erling Haaland. 

16 hours ago, Tommy said:

Typical Saturday night for Erling Haaland. 

FB_IMG_1606049342316.thumb.jpg.962e2abb0020e1b3daa46e9fb64226fb.jpg

😂

• Haha 2

Mainz on drugs?

Mateta has scored a hat-trick and they're 3-0 up away at Freiburg before HT :o 

Nice one, Union. 

Just seen Hradecky's own goal against Bielefeld. Very unlucky with the bobble!

It’s criminal that Gisdol got a contract extension and that he’s still in a job. Eighteen games without a win. 

On 21/11/2020 at 08:29, nudge said:

Get in! A draw that almost feels like a win... Bayern clearly better in the second half, but we played clever, defended well, managed to take a point and even had a few good chances to score on a counter. Didn't expect a performance like that, gives hope for the rest of the season.

You guys defended very very well. Sargent alone could have won the day for you as well, maybe should have if not for that double Neuer save. Old Choups there nearly stole it in the end but you guys thoroughly deserved at least a point out that. 

• Upvote 1

On 22/11/2020 at 10:11, Stan said:

Mainz on drugs?

Mateta has scored a hat-trick and they're 3-0 up away at Freiburg before HT :o 

I was looking forward to this game as a way for Freiburg to right the ship.  Wow.  I didn't think they were doomed to a relegation battle prior to this season but after this result it's clear they are.  

7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’s criminal that Gisdol got a contract extension and that he’s still in a job. Eighteen games without a win. 

In the feed I was watching the commentator mentioned that their defense hasn't been all that bad, which I agree with.  It's been the instances of individual bonehead decisions.  It's inexcusable to concede 6 penalties in 8 matches.  Unreal stat... but even then they've only conceded 14 goals.  Need Kainz and Hector back ASAP and give someone else a chance up top.  Andersson is not the answer.

15 minutes ago, Coma said:

In the feed I was watching the commentator mentioned that their defense hasn't been all that bad, which I agree with.  It's been the instances of individual bonehead decisions.  It's inexcusable to concede 6 penalties in 8 matches.  Unreal stat... but even then they've only conceded 14 goals.  Need Kainz and Hector back ASAP and give someone else a chance up top.  Andersson is not the answer.

Disagree, Sebastian Andersson proved last season with Union he's a capable Buli striker.

He's capable if you're playing the hoofball style, but there's a reason Union let him walk.  As they've demonstrated so far this season they don't need him. 

I'm not sure Koln know what style they want to play.  They're certainly not getting the crosses in to him and it's no secret he prefers a header.  With creative players like Duda and Ozcan in the squad they need to play to feet.