The better place to talk football.

Wolves 2-1 Chelsea - Tuesday 15th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I just don't understand why VAR takes so long just to tell the referee to have another look

Or just make a decision themselves. 

Why is Neto not booked?? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Or just make a decision themselves. 

Why is Neto not booked?? 

Exactly, it should be one or the other. Take the time to make the decision yourselves (y'know, given you have all the angles and replays and that) or have a look, see that it's a bit dodgy, and then had it over to the ref. One could argue if you have to go back to the referee it's not clear and obvious...

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Three years ago the rule banning players for diving came in.

Now referees can watch a replay of a player diving & won't even book a player.

Farcical.

It's probably a technicality because VAR can't be used to review yellow cards, but it definitely should give them in situations like this

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Title challengers??? I don't think so

You've got the depth to compete. You and Citeh definitely have the strength in depth. I don't think Well Fed Frank's a bad manager either - just a bit of a novice (and he's learning on the job better than some of his competitors so... there's that too).

This is a strange season and I suspect we'll see all the contenders put in performances that make them not look like contenders more frequently than we'd normally see in a title race. Could mean that the title race is wide open between all the teams that have any sort of European aspirations.

On 27/09/2020 at 00:58, carefreeluke said:

I don't know Werner's purpose or role in the current system, the tactics are truly bizarre and don't make sense. He's more or less playing as an attacking midfielder at times, play him up front or don't play him at all. Our best attacking play for years now has relied on wingers that have a go and create space for others, Hudson-Odoi's entrance changed the game for us, not because he scored but because he was willing to dribble past people and occupy wide areas which in turn creates space for others around him. I know we have a lot of new signings but it looks as though our attacking play has regressed in a couple of weeks, there are too many players on top of each other and it's too congested. Sadly reminds me a bit of the old England teams, players being shoehorned in at the expense of any clear system or identity. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

You have lots of strength in depth. You'll be there challenging I think. 

We won't. We've said it since August we wouldn't. We know our team and the nativity that still lies deep within both the squad and manager. Two back to back defeats accompanied by appalling performances against sides that were missing key players. Utterly unacceptable at any level. How on earth do you go from Sevilla + Leeds to that? We stupidly played into Everton's hands and now we pathetically allowed Wolves to grow into the game.....when that's the basis of their success. 

Wow. Questions need to be asked. I said we wouldn't challenge but I also said a comfortable Top 4 finish was the bare minimum for Frank. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Werner's got a better record coming in from the left in Germany than playing centrally?

Yes. As a LF, not a LW. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived