• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 0-2 Man Utd - Sunday 7th March, 2021

football forum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cazza said:

Never rated sterling, just feel he dined out on moderate success in a reasonable team, he just can't do it on the international stage.

100% Correct. He has never performed for England and the Three Lions and Poms are dreaming if they think they can survive on Harry Kane Penalties and Kieren Trippier lucky free kicks next tournament.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

100% Correct. He has never performed for England and the Three Lions and Poms are dreaming if they think they can survive on Harry Kane Penalties and Kieren Trippier lucky free kicks next tournament.

too call us poms is CRIMINAL  mate :D

25 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

too call us poms is CRIMINAL  mate :D

xD You know what is amusing? In Australia the term 'pom' has never meant to be an offensive or derogatory term, it's just what we say kinda like how we call New Zealanders kiwis, but trust the poms to be offended by it! :D

Just now, Spike said:

xD You know what is amusing? In Australia the term 'pom' has never meant to be an offensive or derogatory term, it's just what we say kinda like how we call New Zealanders kiwis, but trust the poms to be offended by it! :D

just call us limeys :D

19 minutes ago, Cazza said:

You think they'll qualify?

Yeah,, I do. Too much quality not too. I love the English, they are our forefathers and cousins. We share many a cultural and historical similarities, but the moment it regards the national teams, I fucking hate everything about them,

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Yeah,, I do. Too much quality not too. I love the English, they are our forefathers and cousins. We share many a cultural and historical similarities, but the moment it regards the national teams, I fucking hate everything about them,

tbh i think caz qualifies as a kardashian. :D

Reflecting on the game yesterday, hard work and graft got us the result and as United fan it's so frustrating seeing us win that game yet draw so many with what appeared less endeavour. 

Player wise, Shaw and Martial were the stand out performers for me, both fantastic in different ways. We could and should have won that game by a bigger margin, the second half we were so wasteful with multiple breakaways and for once Rashford seemed extremely shot shy. 

One thing the game did serve up is we can clearly see we're a counter attacking side, that's our main strength and that's where we have our best success. Unfortunately for us sides don't all play like City against us and often throw 10 men behind the ball, that's when this group of players struggle. 

• The topic was unpinned
6 hours ago, Devil said:

Reflecting on the game yesterday, hard work and graft got us the result and as United fan it's so frustrating seeing us win that game yet draw so many with what appeared less endeavour. 

Player wise, Shaw and Martial were the stand out performers for me, both fantastic in different ways. We could and should have won that game by a bigger margin, the second half we were so wasteful with multiple breakaways and for once Rashford seemed extremely shot shy. 

One thing the game did serve up is we can clearly see we're a counter attacking side, that's our main strength and that's where we have our best success. Unfortunately for us sides don't all play like City against us and often throw 10 men behind the ball, that's when this group of players struggle. 

Us playing like a bunch of cunts had something to do with it too, never seen De Bruyne so wasteful, we didn't look arsed yesterday in the slightest :( 

Probably because this City team isn't really that special. Especially when you compare it to your 2018 side as the media are constantly trying to do. You sorted out a string of results with the defence, particularly Stones+Dias finding some form and every club being too afraid to attack you. This being the case as 80% of clubs in the league are finding it difficult to score due to this hectic season.The moment you are put under pressure, the team will fold and will be the reason why you get knocked out of the CL. 

I'd say we're about to see a City collapse.

We exposed them yesterday and Southampton and Danny Ings will take points off them on Wednesday night...

Come on Happy Blue, bite!!!

Part of the reason why City have been so successful is that Guardiola is able to put together gameplans which if the players are able to follow, they can win without really stretching their imaginations or doing anything individually special. 

The test comes when they stumble, the system isn't working, and they have to pick themselves up mid-match. 

Archived