talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chris Wilder Leaves Sheffield United

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well then. Enjoy Neil Lennon.

We’ll see.

As for Lampard, I think his wages would be a problem and it’s not like we’d have the benefit Derby had of getting the elite Chelsea youth like with Mount & Tomori, no incentive for Chelsea now; plus judging from the way Chelsea were setup.. I don’t think we’re the right match as this squad isn’t going to be overhauled. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DNA said:

We’ll see.

As for Lampard, I think his wages would be a problem and it’s not like we’d have the benefit Derby had of getting the elite Chelsea youth like with Mount & Tomori, no incentive for Chelsea now; plus judging from the way Chelsea were setup.. I don’t think we’re the right match as this squad isn’t going to be overhauled. 

I can't see Lampard being interested to be honest once his payments dry up. Going from achieving CL football with Chelsea to The Championship is a massive jump down. He's better off waiting to see if a Southampton, Brighton or Palace come along with a job opportunity over the next 12 months.

9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't see Lampard being interested to be honest once his payments dry up. Going from achieving CL football with Chelsea to The Championship is a massive jump down. He's better off waiting to see if a Southampton, Brighton or Palace come along with a job opportunity over the next 12 months.

He’s better off trying something in Europe, better to get away from things here, he speaks french apparently.. plus a step-down in foreign shores is less of a step-down perception wise due to the challenge of leaving England; puts a better spin on it for him I’d say. Frank is not cut from the same cloth as Wilder, who is a generational manager for us, so we’ll have to suffer for a while or get lucky; I have no confidence in our owner that’s for sure. 

• Subscriber

Sheffield United fans are one of the most robbed fanbases from this past year. A year ago, normal life, the only abnormality was Sheffield United were in shock European contention. Fast forward 12 months and they've not only missed out on Europe, been robbed of attending any more top flight games, are definitely going down, have lost their manager who for me feels pretty much irrepleceable in the short-term and I see nothing to suggest they'll come back up any time soon either.

Sickening.

When you look at his squad of players what he did last season was incredible. Usually you look at a relegated side and you can pick out one or two players that could get picked off by clubs in the top flight. 

Without being too disrespectful I'm failing to pick one. 

What's even worse about that fact is they beat United 😂

I'm not surprised he lost his job but on the same hand I think he deserved a crack at getting them back up. 

18 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I they don't sell anybody this summer I honestly think they're a Lundstram replacement and a half decent Championship forward away from competing for the automatics. Its a good starting eleven for Championship level.

Brewster will be brilliant in the Championship but I do worry a new manager coming in with a new system won't be able to get the best out of that team. 

There aren't any stand out players you'd say could adapt to a new system, Wilder had them playing a certain way that suited them. 

The likes of Fleck, Norwood and so forth were pretty bang average championship players before Wilder got something out of them. 

Paul Heckingbottom is favourite now. Whilst Wilder is now favourite to be the next Celtic manager. Suspect it just being that he is a available manager more than anything conceprete linking him with a move to Glasgow.

Heckingbottom was pretty dreadful at Hibs, and sacked within a year. But I'm guessing he still has a decent reputation in England to have his name even mentioned for an EPL job (although just for a few months).

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Barrio said:

Burnley keept the ginger, Norwich did the same this year. 

I dont get Wilders transfers, but the team will be pretty good in Championship. 

Welcome aboard @Barrio, keep posting.

I feel sorry for Wilder as they were flying high last year but have been playing shit this year and I would steer clear of fucking Lennon, he only succeeded with a team that Rogers built and last time around when he left the Hoops and took over at Bolton he got the boot and the same as at Hibernian.

57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Officially gone

Nice picture they’ve used for that, I live in the blue tower on the left. 

As Dan mentioned, I’t’s typical COVID hit when it did and we lost out on that support for the back end of the European football hunt, even now.. the fans can’t show support or even raise a banner for him ffs. 

10 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I think Heckingbottom is only linked because he's their U23 manager, so would be a cheap promotion.

‘Never step into a great mans shoes’, probably best we’ve brought him in for now and recruit the next one in the summer.

• The title was changed to Chris Wilder Leaves Sheffield United
  • Subscriber
12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jason Tindall's joined the coaching staff. I thought Eddie Howe was auditioning for the Palace job in the Sky Sports studio earlier but maybe not.

Tindall pally with someone within the club. I don't see that going down well at all. I reckon they could really tank.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking ahead of tomorrow.

18 hours ago, DNA said:

Nice picture they’ve used for that, I live in the blue tower on the left. 

As Dan mentioned, I’t’s typical COVID hit when it did and we lost out on that support for the back end of the European football hunt, even now.. the fans can’t show support or even raise a banner for him ffs. 

My mom was born less than a mile from where you live.

• Subscriber
On 13/03/2021 at 22:57, Dan said:

Tindall pally with someone within the club. I don't see that going down well at all. I reckon they could really tank.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking ahead of tomorrow.

Yep yep. I had a feeling they'd crumble against us.

On 14/03/2021 at 12:27, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan  would you like him at palace?

I wouldn't mind him as I believe he's shown enough in his managerial career to complete a rebuilding capable of maintaining our PL status. It would however require a commitment to heavy spending, a huge tactical shift and the removal of our DOF. All things I cannot see happening.

Archived