talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-3 Man Utd - Sunday 11th April, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg      VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Recent Form
Tottenham - DWLLW
Man Utd - WWLWW

Last 3 Meetings
04/10/2020 - Man Utd 1-6 Tottenham
19/06/2020 - Tottenham 1-1 Man Utd
04/12/2019 - Man Utd 2-1 Tottenham

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is pathetic from Son isn't it xD Not a foul, put his arm out to shield the ball and accidentally nudges him in the face with his fingers lol, Son not impeded in the slightest. Come on.

Shame as that was a lovely assist from Pogba

Just now, Danny said:

That is pathetic from Son isn't it xD Not a foul, put his arm out to shield the ball and accidentally nudges him in the face with his fingers lol, Son not impeded in the slightest. Come on.

Shame as that was a lovely assist from Pogba

Feels weird agreeing with this as a Liverpool fan, but yeah that was pathetic

• Subscriber

Man Utd just had a goal disallowed because of Son diving in midfield after McTominay stroked his cheek. You have to go some way to get into contention for "most ridiculous VAR intervention yet" these days but they've just gone and fucking done it.

I was joking with my housemate about how funny it would be if they overturned the goal because of all of the outrage but I'm still also a part of the outrage. How a professional referee can stand in front of that screen and go "yep, that's a foul" is incomprehensible.

Please before blaming VAR itself, just consider the human incompetence involved in disallowing that goal. These morons have learned nothing over the past couple of years and looking at that, I just don't think they're going to. With or without VAR, the officiating of Premier League football just appears to be beyond fixing.

And of course, Son now puts Spurs ahead at the other end. Whichever Man Utd player last stood within a yard of a Spurs player and didn't throw themselves to the ground holding their face and screaming really let the side down there.

Just more reasons why Son is one of the most detestable players around at the moment - this social media hype around him being a nice guy is utter bollocks. 

It seems like every day there's some VAR bullshit but that's probably the worst I've seen. Never a foul in a million years. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Just more reasons why Son is one of the most detestable players around at the moment - this social media hype around him being a nice guy is utter bollocks. 

It seems like every day there's some VAR bullshit but that's probably the worst I've seen. Never a foul in a million years. 

How’s Andre Gomes mate 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Man Utd just had a goal disallowed because of Son diving in midfield after McTominay stroked his cheek. You have to go some way to get into contention for "most ridiculous VAR intervention yet" these days but they've just gone and fucking done it.

I was joking with my housemate about how funny it would be if they overturned the goal because of all of the outrage but I'm still also a part of the outrage. How a professional referee can stand in front of that screen and go "yep, that's a foul" is incomprehensible.

Please before blaming VAR itself, just consider the human incompetence involved in disallowing that goal. These morons have learned nothing over the past couple of years and looking at that, I just don't think they're going to. With or without VAR, the officiating of Premier League football just appears to be beyond fixing.

And of course, Son now puts Spurs ahead at the other end. Whichever Man Utd player last stood within a yard of a Spurs player and didn't throw themselves to the ground holding their face and screaming really let the side down there.

I don’t even think it’s close to the most ridiculous interpretation of VAR so far. *edit* I don’t think this sentence makes sense... but I’m keeping it. I think you know what I meant.

But it’s another example of why we’ve got to get new refs imported into the league.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Feels weird agreeing with this as a Liverpool fan, but yeah that was pathetic

Strange really, there is almost a loophole for players to get away with things like that because refs don't punish diving.  You see it where a player feigns injury where they've clearly dived and nothing is done, this was a step further than that. Crazy decision, Spurs really lucky

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t even think it’s close to the most ridiculous interpretation of VAR so far.

But it’s another example of why we’ve got to get new refs imported into the league.

What decision has genuinely been worse than that? Disallowing that goal makes all the silly offside calls look sensible. Maybe that's why he's done it.

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

The biggest travesty in all that was that he didn’t send him off after giving the foul  

Just goes to show how much of a ridiculous decision it is. It’s either a goal or a sending off. You’re not allowed to touch vaginas without consent though, so I guess he was actually in the wrong.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

What decision has genuinely been worse than that? Disallowing that goal makes all the silly offside calls look sensible. Maybe that's why he's done it.

Penalty for a foul outside a box.

Genuinely unforgivable error after seeing it 3 times in slow motion outside the box.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Just goes to show how much of a ridiculous decision it is. It’s either a goal or a sending off. You’re not allowed to touch vaginas without consent though, so I guess he was actually in the wrong.

Yeah definitely. If you’re disallowing the goal you think it’s a foul, and let’s be honest, a hit to the face as a foul is a yellow/red every time. So makes no sense to give the foul but not the red.

Very fortunate to have it disallowed though 

Just now, Storts said:

Yeah definitely. If you’re disallowing the goal you think it’s a foul, and let’s be honest, a hit to the face as a foul is a yellow/red every time. So makes no sense to give the foul but not the red.

Very fortunate to have it disallowed though 

As a Spurs fan, you’re gutted as it will probably keep Mourinho employed for another few weeks.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

As a Spurs fan, you’re gutted as it will probably keep Mourinho employed for another few weeks.

Haha absolutely. Anything that prolongs the misery gets a thumbs down from me 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Penalty for a foul outside a box

I vaguely remember that one. The decision we've just seen here though, I don't think we've seen such an egregious example of a player being punished for doing something that a) wasn't a foul, and b) had no appreciable benefit to his team in finishing that phase of play with a goal, whilst also rewarding a player and his team for clear simulation.

We've seen some very, very incompetent decisions using VAR and some very dodgy implementation of rules being interpreted, but I can't think of a VAR decision I've seen which sets such a damaging precedent as this one. That referee has just told the world that if he's the man in the middle then you should go down holding your face at every opportunity because there's a chance it'll save your team a goal.

• Subscriber

One thing I will never ever feel bad about getting a decision against United though, the amount of shit they’ve got against us (and many others) over the years 

You can see how you get to the next level as a club though. See the reaction from their players when there is ever any slight against them. The reaction to it. Must be intimidating for officials and certainly gets them decisions down the line 

It was an obvious foul. He's hit him in the face. Accidentally, yes, but he's clearly thought Son is closer to him than he is, thrown his hand back to hold him off and caught him. It's a foul in the middle of the pitch but everyone is wetting their pants because it led to a "goal". 

No word about Fernandes pathetically claiming he was elbowed ten minutes later when he wasn't touched at all. 

The whining is embarrassing.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-3 Man Utd - Sunday 11th April, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived