talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nuno Espirito Santo to leave Wolves

6 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

If we go English, I would take Potter or Gerrard. I don't think Gerrard would come to us so that would leave Potter.

I think we will "go foreign", however, and go with a big name or an up and comer from the European leagues. 

I saw Dortmund have finished top four. Haven't got a clue who the coach is or how they've played but everyone wrote off top four when he was appointed. May be an option?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgetting Spurs for a second, who will Wolves get to replace him?

I'm sure the media will spout the usual suspects, of which includes Lampard, Howe etc.

Surely they will go for someone who has a similar ideology to Nuno. I would be very shocked if it wasn't a fellow Portuguese man. Perhaps Lage or maybe even Sergio Conceicao?

Or possibly, as a massive curveball, Rafa Benitez.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm sure the media will spout the usual suspects, of which includes Lampard, Howe etc.

Surely they will go for someone who has a similar ideology to Nuno. I would be very shocked if it wasn't a fellow Portuguese man. Perhaps Lage or maybe even Sergio Conceicao?

It's whoever Mendes advises them to get.

• Administrator

Could tell that it had got a bit stale this season. Injuries have played their part but they sold 2 of their best players and haven't really replaced them. Losing Jimenez was a big blow, mind. 

I don't think he'll go to Spurs. Not adventurous enough for them. I think he'll go abroad. 

• Subscriber

I feel like I'm one of the only ones who has never thought he's anything that special. Not a bad manager, but nothing special, and certainly not who I'd be looking at if I were an aspiring top side. I think the majority of the progress Wolves have made has come as a result of a link to Jorge Mendes that's landed them players far better than what they realistically should be able to attract. Neves and Jota in the Championship? Jimenez, Moutinho and Patricio as a newly promoted side? With recruitment like that I don't think they have done anything I would've otherwise expected. 7th in their first year up is a good effort but like I say, the asterisk is there.

Seems like the correct decision for all parties, it's gone a bit stale and a change of scenery probably suits both.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Bruno Lage has been touted. Very mixed record with Benfica. Smashed it with over 100 goals in his first season but second they went on a terrible run, something like 2 wins in 13 and 5 home games in a row without a win (including defeats to Braga & Santa Clara). Can see that happening though, just feels obvious.

Archived