talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nuno Espirito Santo to leave Wolves

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yeah, think it’s just people putting two and two together and getting 5. Can’t see him coming to Spurs. Levy knows he needs an attacking manager, Nunos football is as dire as it gets. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

I thought they’d sack him this season at a couple of times throughout the year, when results dipped, so I’m not that surprised by this. 12th isn’t where Wolves should have finished this year. 

A low season but they’ve been without Jimenez, Neto and sold Doherty and Jota.

Just now, Storts said:

Yeah, think it’s just people putting two and two together and getting 5. Can’t see him coming to Spurs. Levy knows he needs an attacking manager, Nunos football is as dire as it gets. 

Yeah he’s essentially defensive with Traore, Neto and whoever else sprinting down the wing to feed Jimenez.

Nuno is a good manager but his stock has taken a bit of a battering this season so I can't see Spurs being in for him if I'm honest. 

It just all went a bit stale and the only man still delivering shattered his skull earlier in the season. I'd be worried if I was a Wolves supporter, if investment isn't made this summer and if a few key players look to move on they could easily be dragging into a relegation battle next season. 

• Subscriber

Neto is absolute class - can see the big boys after him this summer or next 

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

Nuno is a good manager but his stock has taken a bit of a battering this season so I can't see Spurs being in for him if I'm honest. 

It just all went a bit stale and the only man still delivering shattered his skull earlier in the season. I'd be worried if I was a Wolves supporter, if investment isn't made this summer and if a few key players look to move on they could easily be dragging into a relegation battle next season. 

Just now, Storts said:

Neto is absolute class - can see the big boys after him this summer or next 

Yeah, he does look good to be fair and so did that Podonce in the few games I've watched of Wolves. 

Biggest issue for them is they've not had a target man to feed since Jimenez got that horrific injury, they brought in a Brazilian during the January transfer window and I don't think he's scored once. 

They also paid 25 million for Fabio Silva and he's been shocking. 

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Their recruitment was very poor and had some really stinking periods of form. Maybe, I’m tuned to football these days and the mentality and expectations of fans and owners these days but I expected him to get the chop this season. 

27 minutes ago, Storts said:

He could be 'the guy before the guy' if there's no other available candidates this summer. Builds a squad to push to CL qualification for someone else to take to the next level prior to fans turning.

Damning indictment of how bad the Jose appointment was that someone may need to come in to do that though.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He could be 'the guy before the guy' if there's no other available candidates this summer. Builds a squad to push to CL qualification for someone else to take to the next level prior to fans turning.

Damning indictment of how bad the Jose appointment was that someone may need to come in to do that though.

I don’t think we can afford to wait although the lack of appealing options is a worry. Not getting either of our top choices is a worry. I know you’ll hate this and disagree but for me Potter is the one. Massive gamble, but got the ideology, the type of football we want to see etc. I just don’t think Nuno is the right man on any level.

Second point very valid though. That appointment was an absolute shambles from start to finish, an ego trip for Levy, a vanity project getting in a name like that. But it’s done a lot of damage 

Just now, Storts said:

I don’t think we can afford to wait although the lack of appealing options is a worry. Not getting either of our top choices is a worry. I know you’ll hate this and disagree but for me Potter is the one. Massive gamble, but got the ideology, the type of football we want to see etc. I just don’t think Nuno is the right man on any level.

Second point very valid though. That appointment was an absolute shambles from start to finish, an ego trip for Levy, a vanity project getting in a name like that. But it’s done a lot of damage 

Since you explained why Graham Potter would be a good fit I do agree that he's a sensible gamble providing Kane stays. It's a lot if creativity with no end product at Brighton, which Kane's finishing takes away. I think you'll see more from Moura, Rodon, Aurier etc too.

I did wonder if this meant he was making himself available for us. I'd support him if he came but yeah, I think he and Hasenhutl, who you probably thought would have been near the top of the list at the start of this season have taken a bit of a battering in terms of reputation and it was reported that his interest in us was greater than ours in him.

He did a good job for Wolves but the wheels have come off this season. Be interesting to see where they go from here.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Since you explained why Graham Potter would be a good fit I do agree that he's a sensible gamble providing Kane stays. It's a lot if creativity with no end product at Brighton, which Kane's finishing takes away. I think you'll see more from Moura, Rodon, Aurier etc too.

Yeah you’re definitely gambling on the fact that his inability to improve Brighton’s league position is down to a lack of potent strike force. I do have some concern though cause they’ve actually spent a lot of money on forwards and they’ve all been varying levels of average to terrible. Does depend on having Kane though right and ensuring he has a proper finisher. 

36 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah I think the Jimenez injury halted expectations. Absolutely reasonable to Expect Semedo, Ait-Nouiri and Podence to replace the others over time but that injury was a step too far.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If we go English, I would take Potter or Gerrard. I don't think Gerrard would come to us so that would leave Potter.

I think we will "go foreign", however, and go with a big name or an up and comer from the European leagues. 

• Subscriber

Weird that people are drawing the conclusion he's going to Spurs. Maybe when he had a real wave of momentum behind him a year or two back but now would be strange timing. At the same time, I think it's harsh if he's been "sacked" after this season. They've stagnated at best and taken a step back in reality, but you can't legislate for the loss of Jimenez on top of selling Jota and not having the money or profile as a club to bring in a ready-made replacement. 12th isn't really that bad and it's only one season. In the circumstances and without their most important player for almost the entire season, Wolves have no real business finishing above any of the teams above them apart from Aston Villa and Leeds.

Archived