talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2021/22 - Fixture Release

• Administrator

Wednesday 16th June. 

9am.

Who do you want first up? Do you have a preferences for home on first day, Boxing Day, NYD, last day etc...

(yes, everyone knows it doesn't really matter because you play each other twice anyway blah blah blah)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That time already eh.

I think it's got to be a home game to kick off the season in front of a packed crowd. Our players would absolutely buzz off that as we missed it last year.

Happily take on any of the bigger clubs early when there is no form. Catch them cold hopefully, because we have been generally fast starters under Bielsa.

We'll be fit and chomping at the bit. For that reason, I really don't think they would want to come here first game.

Can only imagine how exciting it'll be for @Danny seeing the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, City etc amongst the fixtures for the very first time. 

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That time already eh.

I think it's got to be a home game to kick off the season in front of a packed crowd. Our players would absolutely buzz off that as we missed it last year.

Happily take on any of the bigger clubs early when there is no form. Catch them cold hopefully, because we have been generally fast starters under Bielsa.

We'll be fit and chomping at the bit. For that reason, I really don't think they would want to come here first game.

Can only imagine how exciting it'll be for @Danny seeing the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, City etc amongst the fixtures for the very first time.

:whistling:

39 minutes ago, Storts said:

I think he meant more that he saw them all when he was a West Ham fan 

Haha blimey, must have missed that. Well there you go, learn something new everyday.

Chelsea if you go down, is it @Danny?

38 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Haha blimey, must have missed that. Well there you go, learn something new everyday.

Chelsea if you go down, is it @Danny?

I’m sure you was a member of the forum back then xD But no, if I were to do the same again it would have to be another Premier League to League 1 “swap” like last time.

Last two years we've had pretty shocking run ins after a pretty dreamy spell in February. I can't see that happening for a third year but it's helped cement Roy Hodgson with a reputation of 'safe after 30 games'. xD

Opening Fixture: Aston Villa

Boxing Day: Wolves

New Years Day: Everton

Brighton Bingo: November and February.

• Administrator

First games:

• Brentford v Arsenal
  • Burnley v Brighton
  • Chelsea v Crystal Palace
  • Everton v Southampton
  • Leicester City v Wolves
  • Manchester United v Leeds United
  • Newcastle United v West Ham United
  • Norwich City v Liverpool
  • Tottenham v Manchester City
  • Watford v Aston Villa

Nice easy start for @Danny

• Administrator

Chelsea have Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Man City as 4 of their first 6 :o 

Norwich though - Liverpool, Man City, Leicester and Arsenal as their first 4. 

Well, fuck me. What a start. I did think they would give us a big game, although not that one. No way that came out random xD

Let's just hope away fans are allowed in as well as home in time.

The fixture deserves it's audience.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Well, fuck me. What a start. I did think they would give us a big game, although not that one. No way that came out random xD

Let's just hope away fans are allowed in as well as home in time.

The fixture deserves it's audience.

Wow that is one hell of a kickoff.  Be nice to tonk them on the opening weekend to declare our title run.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Arsenal are officially irrelevant :ph34r:

Even Sky don't give a shit. 

DC049F52-427E-4734-A249-7E5AE9A4AE41.jpe

Arsenal are more likely to be relegated next season (50/1) than they are winning the Premier League (66/1).

2 minutes ago, Coma said:

Wow that is one hell of a kickoff.  Be nice to tonk them on the opening weekend to declare our title run.

In all seriousness, it's the best time for us to play them really.

They have more players than us at the Euro's, they will need extended breaks andyou'd like to think eill be missing sharpness.

Where as you know the way Marcelo runs us ragged in the summer, we'll not be far off the level we need to be at by the time the game comes round.

Looking at the league games Mane and Salah will miss for the Africa Cup of Nations next year. They'll miss Brentford (h) and Crystal Palace (a) in January and they'll only miss Leicester at home if they reach the final. Could be worse

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Looking at the league games Mane and Salah will miss for the Africa Cup of Nations next year. They'll miss Brentford (h) and Crystal Palace (a) in January and they'll only miss Leicester at home if they reach the final. Could be worse

What a fix.

:ph34r:

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

We'll miss Ndidi and Iheanacho for those games, too. 

Let's hope for an Egypt vs Senegal final :ph34r:

Archived