talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - Belgium 1-0 Portugal - Sunday 27th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good. Up to that goal, this game was an absolute stinker.

Now the Portuguese have to come out and attack. Belgium will be dangerous on the counter and I'd fancy them to pick off a second.

They have threatened it but been done dirty twice by that Palhinha. Least he is booked now.

Just now, Spike said:

People have been saying the Belgian defence is weak but why? It's better than it was during the last World Cup.

Probably because Denayer and Boyata looked incredibly shaky during the group stage. 

This current back 3 is solid. 

6 minutes ago, shut up said:

Renato Sanches is exactly the player we need. Hopefully we have interest and he has no self respect for his career.

Carefully, that's exactly what Bayern thought after the last Euros, he turned out to be disappointing and was substandard in England too, if I recall correctly. Didn't follow his career afterwards still he might be a player who only works in International games. Just my opinion of corse.

7 minutes ago, shut up said:

Renato Sanches is exactly the player we need. Hopefully we have interest and he has no self respect for his career.

What happened to your ‘premier league proven’ argument? He was terrible at West Brom.  

I thought it was a bit harsh to say the keeper should have saved it. He moves to his right a bit but keepers do that all the time. He wouldn't have expected the shot from there. Probably only a few keepers in the world would have saved it 

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

Renato Sanches was outstanding that half, wonder if he'll ever find serious consistency at club level. He has all the attributes to be one of the best midfielders in the game. 

He´s been very good at Lille. 

I think the Bayern move came too early for him. He was too young and perhaps the price tag made him press a bit. Then, that Swansea loan didn´t also help him. 

In my opinion, he´s ready for a big move. 

• Administrator
Just now, El Profesor said:

Portugal´s bench is loaded. Lots of good options for Santos. 

But at the same time, I understand why he´s keeping a more conservative approach. Lukaku, the Hazards and KDB with space to counter-attack is scary.  

Wonder how long he leaves it to make some changes though. Gotta show some proactivity sooner rather than later.

Eden Hazard is getting better as the game goes on.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wonder how long he leaves it to make some changes though. Gotta show some proactivity sooner rather than later.

Eden Hazard is getting better as the game goes on.

Chelsea form 

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

The game feels like it's got a Red Card in it. Becoming very niggly. 

Weirdly just thought of this too. Portugal, if still losing 1-0 (or worse), with a few minutes to go will lose their heads. Pepe, Ronaldo, Fernandes, Dalot already on a yellow. I can see those kind of players getting frustrated and letting their temperament get the better of them.

Just now, El Profesor said:

Lukaku´s improved so much under Conte. 

Conte could be the best coach in the world if he wasn´t such a diva. Dude has incredible football knowledge.

Aye. Just a shame he’s a little bitch at times. 

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Lukaku´s improved so much under Conte. 

Conte could be the best coach in the world if he wasn´t such a diva. Dude has incredible football knowledge.

Like a different man. it's unreal

• The topic was unpinned

Archived