talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) Italy (p) 1-1 Spain - Tuesday 6th July, 2021

football forum

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Murphy was being overly harsh with Emerson. He did play it early. Barella failed to stay on. The narrative going in is that Emerson isn't as good as Spinnazolla so they'll obviously be trying to find/manufacture examples of that.

• Administrator

All Spain so far. 

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I feel like Murphy was being overly harsh with Emerson. He did play it early. Barella failed to stay on. The narrative going in is that Emerson isn't as good as Spinnazolla so they'll obviously be trying to find/manufacture examples of that.

Barella was running early full pelt though. Had Emerson played it earlier when Barella was on it would have been fine. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tell you what, Italy don't look like the standout side of the tournament so far in this match.

They didn't for most of their match against Austria either.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I'd say that Olmo's shot is the best chance of the match so far. It was a good save from Donnarumma.

Poor shot though. Should have blasted it from there. Could only place it where he did, so shortened Donnarumma’s choices for him.

• Administrator

Italy struggling here. Can't work any moves progressively and Spain are actually stopping them and restricting them quite well. Italy struggling to find a rhythm to their play like they have done in previous games. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived