talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Blind purchases gone wrong?

football forums

Most of us have brought items online. Upon arrival, they're usually wrong in some form or don't look how they did in the pictures. Done it with clothing quite a few times, they don't fit as they should. But I've done with fragrances, took chances and it usually pays off.

Once I was looking for weight lifting gloves. Because our gym used to be outside in a garage. I required full length gloves opposed to the tradition weight lifting gloves which only cover half of your fingers. Reason for this was because the weights were ice cold in winter, and your exposed fingers would freeze when touching the weights. I decided to just purchase some full length back gloves from Ebay. When they arrived, it said on the packet, women's horse riding gloves. My first reaction was like what the fuck have I brought? But using them was fine, they were comfy and provided a good grip.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The only thing I can think of atm is the wifes Birthday is coming up shortly so I got a card last week and hid it in the bedroom, last night I decided to get the card and write in it so it was all done & dusted on the day and then hand it to her.

Grabbed a pen and was just about to write all my lovey dovey things and happened to look below and seen Happy Anniversary, lucky enough our Anniversary is coming up in December so that will do that but I will have to go out and buy another birthday card.

Edit: Just remembered, at a restaurant once, rushed into the loo as I was busting for a pee, just went into a cubicle as it was quicker, relieved myself, walked out to wash my hands and 2 ladies were standing there washing their hands giving me funny looks, you guessed it, I had gone into the ladies loo.

I felt a right prick, coughed, smiled, whistled and legged it out the loo quick smart. :whistling::eek:

7 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The only thing I can think of atm is the wifes Birthday is coming up shortly so I got a card last week and hid it in the bedroom, last night I decided to get the card and write in it so it was all done & dusted on the day and then hand it to her.

Grabbed a pen and was just about to write all my lovey dovey things and happened to look below and seen Happy Anniversary, lucky enough our Anniversary is coming up in December so that will do that but I will have to go out and buy another birthday card.

Ha ha, I've given the wrong cards on a few birthdays. Recently for my cousin, I written in his card upside down. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Ha ha, I've given the wrong cards on a few birthdays. Recently for my cousin, I written in his card upside down. 

Just did an edit and added this to the above.

Edit: Just remembered, at a restaurant once, rushed into the loo as I was busting for a pee, just went into a cubicle as it was quicker, relieved myself, walked out to wash my hands and 2 ladies were standing there washing their hands giving me funny looks, you guessed it, I had gone into the ladies loo.

I felt a right prick, coughed, smiled, whistled and legged it out the loo quick smart. :whistling::eek:

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just did an edit and added this to the above.

Just say you're gender neutral. 🤣

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Ha ha, I've given the wrong cards on a few birthdays.

Done that many a time, the wife sending me out to grab a Birthday card for someones baby boy/girl and I always come back with the wrong card, ie, girlie card for a boy or vice versa.

On 08/08/2021 at 10:22, CaaC (John) said:

Done that many a time, the wife sending me out to grab a Birthday card for someones baby boy/girl and I always come back with the wrong card, ie, girlie card for a boy or vice versa.

I'm typical man I don't read cards just pick on up, look at it and think that will do.

Hence why my mum got a belated birthday card for her birthday when I was about 20 years of age 🤣

Not me, but somebody I know once ordered a vintage style wooden chair for their office. Took weeks to come, and to their surprise the postman was able to pop it through the letterbox. Reason being, they had ordered a vintage style wooden chair for a dolls house. 

• Subscriber

Many moons back I bought a rocking chair from a Littlewoods Catalogue in which you had to assemble it, to this day I maintain the bloody instructions were wrong or one of the rocker feet were wonky or cut wrong, I spent around 4 hours trying to assemble it, sweating and cursing my bollocks off.

When I finally assembled it (so I thought) I sat in it to have a rock and all I heard was a 'ping' and the whole chair collapsed and I ended up on my arse with all the bits around me, the wife and then kids thought it was quite funny, me lying in a heap with sweat pouring off me, they were laughing their arses off.

I ended up picking the bits and pieces up and tossing them into a bin.

I sympathise, I recall buying an Ikea tv cabinet on wheels and with a black finish with silver draw trims.

I spent hours putting together and thought most of the instructions were ok except a couple of bits.

On completing it had a look thought, great, it looks nice. 

As I maneuvered it into position something didn't look right at the back. On closer inspection I saw had inserted a panel upside down.

I thought on it for about 5 minutes then put the kettle for a tea.

To fix it would have involved taking it all apart except from the drawers and the wheels. 

To de-assemble with those self tightening connectors looked forbidding.

I was reminded of those Hamlet cigar adverts, remember those?

Then thought,

'Fxxk it, no-one is likley to notice it and you can't see it from the front, mission accomplished!'

• Subscriber

My mobile connector charger fucked up a while back so I told our son to get me a new one as he was heading off to the shop and eventually came back with a charger and plug then he headed off out again, when I tried to put it into the plug socket it would not fit and I was calling him all the names under the sun.

thumbnail_20210812_165937.thumb.jpg.62b3131022465343ac0cc2123251f48c.jpg

When he came home I called him a prick as he got the wrong charger plug and it would not fit into the socket, he just looked at me and said you are the prick pops, you just pull it out like this, I coughed and said "Oh...I knew really...":whistling:

thumbnail_20210812_170008.thumb.jpg.1bbd98eb9f8a63dbe68268f7028eaad5.jpg

Archived