talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Given a trial on a local radio. I must say as good as news as this is, I'm still incredibly nervous. Hope all works out!

Unusual for court cases to be broadcasted on the radio.

• Upvote 1

Wife comes back tonight after being gone away on Training last week.

It was an unusually emotional week for me. Going back to getting knocked out of the playoffs on a coin flip, I have entered a more difficult tennis league, and so far I'm 4-0, with wins last night, and the night before.

Also, I have been able to do some painting that wife the has wanted done. Since she isn't supposed to be around paint fumes, I feel pretty good with my progress while she has been away.

So, while those are all great things, I found out yesterday that the job that I had interviewed for 3 times, and would a huge move for me and would be a 'dream job' for me, was awarded to another interviewee. It's an odd feeling, as I was personally given the impression that the job was mine, and I don't think I have  not gotten a job that I have interviewed for. I probably got too excited about it, and even told a couple of family members and friends about the opportunity. So now I have to go back and let them all know that I didn't get the job. Sucks, and I hate that I tend to beat myself up so much over petty shit like this (I have a kid on the way FFS), and I am embarrassed that I tend to go to dark places in time of turmoil, but luckily kicking some dude's ass in tennis last night and then throwing back a couple of beers seemed to have helped my mood.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Speaking of the wife, I left a plastic bag full of rubbish on her desk to give her the hunt to tidy up her shit. Two weeks later the bag hasn't even been touched. 

xD

Usually it's the other way around with wives hinting to husbands.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

xD

Usually it's the other way around with wives hinting to husbands.

She is an unorganised mess. I'm not much better but she still has the mindset of a woman that has moved out of home for the first time. Do you remember going to bacherlorette pads and the place was covered in all manner of shit? Stark contrast to the bachelor bad which typically has 1 table, 1 chair, 1 dirty plate, and 15 empty beer cans.

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

She is an unorganised mess. I'm not much better but she still has the mindset of a woman that has moved out of home for the first time. Do you remember going to bacherlorette pads and the place was covered in all manner of shit? Stark contrast to the bachelor bad which typically has 1 table, 1 chair, 1 dirty plate, and 15 empty beer cans.

Thankfully in my home both my wife and my self are very organised and to be honest I don't know how I'd feel with the opposite as organisation and hygiene is an OCD of mine (but I don't impose myself on anyone and if it hasn't been done, I just get on and do it myself).  I even have labels pointing in the correct direction both in the fridge and the cupboards. :$

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon Facebook keeps recomending you as a friend! :o I can't say I know many other Antonios from London

I want you to rate my underpants! xD

On a serious note...  I get that too and I don't even recognise 90% of the people it does recommend hahaha.

UPDATE: After last night I've woken to find the damage I caused out of pure tiredness.

Folders have been scattered across the floor which is really annoying because now I've got to sort them. I must have scraped my leather against something as there's a streak down the back: it'll be a bitch to get out. I can't find the film I was going to watch this morning so I must have shifted that somewhere again and my trendy specs and hairbrushes have gone walkabouts. A slim streak of red running down a surface accompanied with a pain in my shoulder telll me falling over was worse for me than I'd previously thought, serves me right for dancing about with no energy. To top it off despite feeling drained I've got hours of grafting to do.

Edited by Cure

• Administrator

back from Maga about an hour ago.

absolutely steaming right now. difficult to function. can't remember last time so much alcohol was drank. Think we must have spent about £700 on Grey Goose over the 3 days xDxDxD 

Today I missed a maniac driver. I was crossing on a red light when someone decided to hit their accelerator. Had it not been stopped by an extremely angry man in the car in front I'd have been thrown down and I don't want to know what could have happened to me.

Edited by Cure

23 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Poor bastard marking me at indoor tonight gave me a palm to the face. 10 seconds later the ref blew for a free kick because I thew m arm across his neck and dragged him to the ground by the ear.

I am the Australian Pepe.

Are you going to eat him next time?