talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Love is a lot like a fart... If you have to force it it's probably shit... 

Fuck relationships. :shutup:

Does anyone ever use overtime calculators online? Done 40 hours of double time this month and quite interested in what i may come out with. :coffee: Must be mental though... doing another night shift tonight. Friday Night.. :dunce:

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Fuck relationships. :shutup:

Does anyone ever use overtime calculators online? Done 40 hours of double time this month and quite interested in what i may come out with. :coffee: Must be mental though... doing another night shift tonight. Friday Night.. :dunce:

Use this one.. scroll down for the calculator

https://goodcalculators.com/overtime-calculator/

You clearly have the time if you are piss balling about on here for double your normal rate instead of actually doing any work..  Clearly the place lacks a good management structure where it can weed out those who get double pay yet only do 50% of the work... 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Use this one.. scroll down for the calculator

https://goodcalculators.com/overtime-calculator/

You clearly have the time if you are piss balling about on here for double your normal rate instead of actually doing any work..  Clearly the place lacks a good management structure where it can weed out those who get double pay yet only do 50% of the work... 

xD:bye:

You're talking to the manager. And i'll have you know we've been the best performing shift this week out of the 3. As always when i'm in charge. :ay:

xD:bye:

You're talking to the manager. And i'll have you know we've been the best performing shift this week out of the 3. As always when i'm in charge. :ay:

How come you need an online calculator to work out your overtime then... What happens when a member of your staff comes up and says I think my wages are wrong this week Mr Josh.. Do you tell them to google it??? I bet you send them to Payroll to sort it out... 

I can just see it now.. Senior management were all in a tizzy because they have too much work and not enough people and from the end of the table a lone man stands up, "I will be your hero" you say," You pull your shirt open and there is a big  big J emblazoned on a T-shirt underneath.. "Get that man a medal" someone shouts... There is a small but brief standing ovation and then relived they fuck off home sharpish for the night leaving you in charge... You wander off to spend time on the internet while all the minions do all the graft, meanwhile you believe you are in line for employee of the month and your pockets are lined with double time gold... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

How come you need an online calculator to work out your overtime then... What happens when a member of your staff comes up and says I think my wages are wrong this week Mr Josh.. Do you tell them to google it??? I bet you send them to Payroll to sort it out... 

I can just see it now.. Senior management were all in a tizzy because they have too much work and not enough people and from the end of the table a lone man stands up, "I will be your hero" you say," You pull your shirt open and there is a big  big J emblazoned on a T-shirt underneath.. "Get that man a medal" someone shouts... There is a small but brief standing ovation and then relived they fuck off home sharpish for the night leaving you in charge... You wander off to spend time on the internet while all the minions do all the graft, meanwhile you believe you are in line for employee of the month and your pockets are lined with double time gold... 

I'm getting tired now. *Sprays face with cooling spray* 

Are you working nights?

I'm getting tired now. *Sprays face with cooling spray* 

Are you working nights?

No, just up late.... spent 10 years across 2 jobs working nights and that's enough for me... enjoyed it though, It does have it's perks

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

No, just up late.... spent 10 years across 2 jobs working nights and that's enough for me... enjoyed it though, It does have it's perks

Up late? xD There's late and there's early. 

I was up till about 5 last week when i went to a wedding in Preston. But i was very drunk.... what's your excuse? 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

Up late? xD There's late and there's early. 

I was up till about 5 last week when i went to a wedding in Preston. But i was very drunk.... what's your excuse? 

I have been up since 4.45am Thursday morning to be more precise... so that's nearly 24 hours B| I can never get to sleep when I am not on shift, I suppose it's the idea that I can just crash when I want and also partly because I like to make the most of my time off where I can... The missus reckons I never did get rid of the night owl in me..  

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Not been attacked by a bear then? xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d3dd785765562366f

I mean I’m glad I didn’t get eaten but also annoyed I didn’t see a single polar bear out there.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I mean I’m glad I didn’t get eaten but also annoyed I didn’t see a single polar bear out there.

Funny that because when I was reading this news report this morning I thought "I wonder how Grizzly is getting on and seen any Polar Bears yet?" :D

Quote.thumb.png.6e33affa1f5dd0fd6bc9477e5d466eee.png

Canada murder hunt: search for teen suspects leads only to polar bear

Australian Associated Press

AAEXqBO.img?h=480&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

© Royal Canadian Mounted Patrol (RCMP) Manitoba Image of a polar bear spotted on the manhunt for suspects in a murder case in Manitoba, Canada.

The threat of a polar bear attack has become a reality for the huge Canadian police and military contingent searching for the teenage duo suspected of shooting dead Australian tourist Lucas Fowler, his US girlfriend and a university botanist.

The manhunt for Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, continued on Saturday with the addition of a Royal Canadian Air Force CC-130H Hercules and personnel searching the unforgiving wilderness near Gillam, a remote area in northern Manitoba.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police distributed a photo on Saturday of a polar bear encountered by searchers 200km north of Gillam.

McLeod and Schmegelsky have been on the run since the bodies of Fowler, 23, from Sydney, and his North Carolina girlfriend Chynna Deese, 24, was found dead on the side of a highway 3,000km away in Canada’s west on 14 July.

Locals around Gillam predicted the teenagers would face extreme challenges – polar and black bears, wolves, irritating black flies and mosquitos, dense scrub and swamps – if they did, as suspected by the RCMP, enter bushland on Monday night after setting fire to their stolen Toyota RAV-4.

“A polar bear was spotted during the search for suspects earlier today – about 200km north of Gillam,” the RCMP, with a photo of the bear, wrote in a tweet on Saturday.

“Just some of the wildlife that can be found in northern Manitoba.”

The nearby town of Churchill is on a polar bear migration route.

The Canadian government, desperate to catch the fugitives, immediately approved the RCMP request for military support.

On the ground authorities went door-to-door canvassing locals in their homes and searching abandoned buildings in the hope of finding the duo or picking up clues.

The sweep included an abandoned hydroelectric building with 600 rooms.

The RCMP surmised the teenagers torched their RAV-4 and fled on foot in Gillam because there have been no reports of stolen cars or carjackings in the area.

After days of fruitless searching, the RCMP on Friday admitted they were “exploring the possibility” the teenagers may have fled Gillam with the help of a third person unaware the two were fugitives.

McLeod and Schmegelsky, longtime school friends from Vancouver Island, allegedly embarked on 14 July near Liard Host Springs, in northern British Columbia, when they encountered Fowler and Deese.

The old Chevrolet van Mr Fowler and Ms Deese were driving broke down on the Alaska Highway and left them stranded.

Their bullet-riddled bodies were found in a ditch near the van.

Four days later and 470km away, University of British Columbia botanist Leonard Dyck was found dead on another highway.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsworldcrime/canada-murder-hunt-search-for-teen-suspects-leads-only-to-polar-bear/ar-AAEYuKW

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Well you have more connection with the place you grew up in right ? 

Nothing serious though !

Yes but that doesn't mean I lose or ignore my heritage :). I class myself as being in the British Asian category.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Well you have more connection with the place you grew up in right ?

Sorry for butting in on your and @Stan's chin wag but I would like to say that my father was English and my mother was Scottish, I was born in England but grew up in Australia when I was 11 until I returned to the UK in 1972, where I joined the army, ended up in Germany and marries a Scot's girl (40 odd years coming up this Dec) and when I was de-mobbed from the army I moved back to Scotland where I have been here ever since.

So, I have more Scottish & Australian than English in my blood so as right of birth I class myself as Scottish on my mother's side, I could have chosen Australian if I wanted as I still have family out there since 1959 but I am happy in classing myself as Scottish. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Sorry for butting in on your and @Stan's chin wag but I would like to say that my father was English and my mother was Scottish, I was born in England but grew up in Australia when I was 11 until I returned to the UK in 1972, where I joined the army, ended up in Germany and marries a Scot's girl (40 odd years coming up this Dec) and when I was de-mobbed from the army I moved back to Scotland where I have been here ever since.

So, I have more Scottish & Australian than English in my blood so as right of birth I class myself as Scottish on my mother's side, I could have chosen Australian if I wanted as I still have family out there since 1959 but I am happy in classing myself as Scottish. 

No gifs :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Can't find the Little Things that annoy you thread

@nudge When you're browsing an old thread from the first page and midway on the seveth page someone quotes you on some other thread :coffee:

xD

Here ya go...

• Subscriber

We have the council yearly gas boiler check this morning sometime after 08.00am, I am walking around at the moment with a t-shirt on, a pair of old tracksuit bottoms on where I have cut the legs off and made them into shorts (because there were holes in the knees) haven't shaved top front teeth out and no socks on but still wearing slippers, the wife said "You know the gas guy/girl is calling this morning, you gonna walk around like that?" me, "What...you want me to put a suit and tie on?"...that...did not go down well with the wife, burnt tea tonight I gather...whoops  :40_rage:  :eek: