talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

The only Yorkshire things I know about are the dog breed and the pudding xD 

Can't go wrong with a crispy Yorkshire pudding.

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Looks quite calm to me :ph34r:

It looks like nothing. If you didn't know, you would jump across it without a care in the world. Looks like a harmless stream.

44 minutes ago, nudge said:

The only Yorkshire things I know about are the dog breed and the pudding xD 

Surely you've seen the legendary film "Kes"? xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

You should do, it's a class, although you may need subtitles, even the best of English speakers do :ph34r:

Just watched the trailer and a few clips, sounds ok to me xD Actually got me interested, looks like my kind of movie!

8 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Check this then in Yorkshire @nudge, @Berserker, @Stan, @Bluewolf, @Inti Brian

Looks like a place in Cordoba or Mendoza i've been to when i was a kid, and i went in for sure, i remember the current being strong and it was dangerous, but it was fun. Looks tempting and safe from outside for sure mate.

Edited by Berserker

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52739448

More than £20m raised by Captain Tom Moore has been handed out to NHS charities across the country.

Each charity has been given £35,000 from the £32.8m fund and a second grant based on the size of the trust they serve, said NHS Charities Together.

The charity at the hospital where Capt Tom was treated for a broken hip and skin cancer received £122,500.

NHS Charities Together said the donations were "already having a huge impact and will continue to do so".

Chief executive Ellie Orton said funds raised by Capt Tom were part of a total of £116m which would support staff, volunteers and patients.

They include paying for tablet devices for them to keep in contact with loved ones, counselling services, food and drink, and comfortable places for them to take a break.

"We have been completely overwhelmed and delighted by the response our appeal has received," she said.

With gift aid added, the war veteran raised £38.9m for NHS charities by walking 100 lengths of his garden in Bedfordshire before his 100th birthday in April.

The day was marked with an RAF flypast, some 140,000 birthday cards, and Capt Tom being made an honorary colonel.

On Tuesday it was announced he had been awarded a knighthood.

Capt Tom was initially inspired to raise money for the NHS in its efforts against coronavirus by the quality of care he received during his own time in hospital in 2018.

The charity serving Bedford Hospital, where Capt Tom was treated, and the Luton and Dunstable Hospital, which it has merged with, was awarded £122,500.

Each of the 220 members of NHS Charities Together was granted £35,000 in the first wave of hand-outs.

The second wave to the charities was then calculated at £7 per staff member at the NHS trusts its supports.

Among the largest donations so far are £315,000 to NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Endowments, £196,000 to Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust Charity and £182,000 to University Hospitals Birmingham Charity.

Other payments, to the more than 250 charities given money, include:

• £112,000 to Western HSC Trust in Northern Ireland
  • £164,500 to Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board - Awyr Las Charity in Wales
  • £161,000 to Leeds Cares
  • £150,500 to Barts Charity in London
  • £147,000 to Nottingham Hospitals Charity
  • £140,000 to Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Charity
  • £119,000 to Southampton Hospitals Charity
  • £115,000 to Imperial Health Charity in London
  • £105,000 to Frimley Health Charity in Surrey
  • £105,000 to Above and Beyond in Bristol
  • £105,000 to Colchester & Ipswich Hospitals Charity

More than one and a half million people donated during the fundraising, after which the 100-year-old reached number one with You'll Never Walk Alone.

Capt Tom has since announced he is to set up a loneliness foundation, to support those "who are feeling so very much on their own" during the coronavirus pandemic.

What a hero. The whole nation should, and probably are, very proud of him. 

• Upvote 1

This is both funny and bizzare… lucky it all ended well

Two men were hired to carry out a sexual fantasy and it went a bit tits up when they broke into the wrong house... If that's the going rate for it I might take that up myself as a sideline.. You want in @nudge?? maybe we can make a business out of it.. B|

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/30/men-hired-sexual-fantasy-break-wrong-house-armed-machetes-12779138/

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This is both funny and bizzare… lucky it all ended well

Two men were hired to carry out a sexual fantasy and it went a bit tits up when they broke into the wrong house... If that's the going rate for it I might take that up myself as a sideline.. You want in @nudge?? maybe we can make a business out of it.. B|

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/30/men-hired-sexual-fantasy-break-wrong-house-armed-machetes-12779138/

Read it last night and thought it was funny af. Sounds like a good side gig, count me in xD 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Read it last night and thought it was funny af. Sounds like a good side gig, count me in xD 

Great!! I will do the heavy door/window breaking and act all menacing/intimidating behind you and you can carry the broom and do the er… prodding bit

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

I think we need to be tweeting this out as much as possible and sticking it on as many platforms as we can for all those people that think 5G is the cause of the virus or controlling our minds or whatever it is... Will be helpful in keeping a lot of wally's off the roads... 

5G Network GPS Chip

• Haha 3

I'm burning like fuck. I haven't burnt like this in years as I usually just go very brown. Probably because of being out in it all year, whereas lately I haven't spent enough time outside.

Due to it being very breezy around the lake I've been fishing on all weekend, you don't realise how hot it is. My nose is red raw.