football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.30

Live on BT Sport

image.png      VS      1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
28/02/2021 - Leicester 1-3 Arsenal
25/10/2020 - Arsenal 0-1 Leicester
23/09/2020 - Leicester 0-2 Arsenal (EFL Cup)

Recent Form
Leicester - WWWWD
Arsenal - WWDDW

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Kasper

Amartey - Evans - Soyuncu

Ricardo                                                 Castagne

Soumare - Tielemans

Maddison

Iheanacho - Vardy

Same squad as against Man Utd. Can't see it being any different with 4 of those players (the spine of the team) being rested in midweek.

Apparently Arsenal have had lots of players not train but Arteta won't say who. Might be much-changed for them?

• Subscriber

This feels like a game for either side to make a bit of a statement I think. Both started slowly, both have come good somewhat in recent weeks, so a poor result here would particularly hurt.

Think we'll get it won though.

• Administrator

Pereira unavailable so Castagne comes in at RB. Thomas at LWB. 

Good to see Ndidi back in contention on the bench. 

Just seen Arsenal's line up. Other than Odegaard & Tierney, I can't see where the glaring absences are. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, MUFC said:

The same Leicester we made look like the 1970 Brazil team.

And now we make Arsenal look like peak 2011 Barcelona. 

Need some changes at HT. Gonna be a struggle getting through Arsenal who will be happy to sit back and defend and know they have the pace on the counter. We got back in to it slowly after 25 mins. Ramsdale having a fine game. 

That was funny but I think Arteta wants to have a word by how passionate he’s getting. The top goalkeepers are mostly the calmest on the pitch, look at Allison and Ederson for example. Can’t be drawn into games with the fans even if you are mugging them off

• Administrator
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Just a matter of time until Ramsdale becomes England's number 1.

He was seriously good today. Earned the man of the match. That save from Maddison's free kick and get something/enough on the rebound was impressive. 

I didn’t think the quality of a lot of Leicester’s chances were that great tbh. Free kick was well hit as was Iheanacho’s long ranger, but the rest whilst being in dangerous areas were not particularly threatening and Leicester should feel disappointed that they struggle to create clear cut chances face to face with the keeper rather than efforts from a tight diagonal angle

• Subscriber

That feels like a huge two steps back. Was a return to everything wrong with us in the first few weeks. Get the feeling it's just not gonna be a very notable season in any way. Arsenal deserved the win but we were pathetic in that first half and deserved to lose for that alone.

I don't think you can play Thomas if we're playing a back 3. He's nowhere near attacking enough. He was alright in a 4 but I think it's a big contributor to the flatness going forward. To be honest though I'm not going to pin it on individuals, it was a collectively flat first half and we gave ourselves too much to do.

Ramsdale MOTM easily as well.

• Subscriber

Didn't see any of this but another good result for Arsenal. Arteta has bought himself a comfortable amount of time now you'd say to prove he can sustain it and start exhibiting some proper evidence that he's building something back up at Arsenal.

Strange start to the season from Leicester. You sense if they can't get themselves in the mix for top four again this season, it might feel like a natural end to the Rodgers era and he might feel as if it's time to consider offers from the likes of Man Utd or Spurs, etc.

• Subscriber

Sick to death of us at corners. If there's a worse side in Europe at them I'll be surprised. We're absolutely hopeless attacking them and we concede from one what feels like every game. Even when we don't concede we look like we will. It's totally undermining anything else good we do.

Defensively in general though we've been a joke this season. 1 clean sheet in 14 games and it was against a bottom half Championship side. I want Fer Nino seriously injured.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Dan said:

Sick to death of us at corners. If there's a worse side in Europe at them I'll be surprised. We're absolutely hopeless attacking them and we concede from one what feels like every game. Even when we don't concede we look like we will. It's totally undermining anything else good we do.

Defensively in general though we've been a joke this season. 1 clean sheet in 14 games and it was against a bottom half Championship side. I want Fer Nino seriously injured.

:bye:

54 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Didn't see any of this but another good result for Arsenal. Arteta has bought himself a comfortable amount of time now you'd say to prove he can sustain it and start exhibiting some proper evidence that he's building something back up at Arsenal.

Strange start to the season from Leicester. You sense if they can't get themselves in the mix for top four again this season, it might feel like a natural end to the Rodgers era and he might feel as if it's time to consider offers from the likes of Man Utd or Spurs, etc.

For Rodgers, quite possibly. If he can exit with some sense of any significant Leicester drop off as not being entirely on him. There were injuries. etc.

I have to say, I do think he seems slightly over-rated. But you could easily imagine a few of the top half 'crisis' clubs feeling they have a big name their fans may give time to.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

:bye:

I can't see it. There was a stat last season about Leeds being the only ones worse than us but this was simply in terms of goals conceded. With Leicester I feel that at least twice a game we either concede from a corner or come very close to it. It's ridiculous and he's somehow come out today saying it's not an issue. It literally is an issue. It's costing us now.

It's at both ends too. Maddison actually put in some decent ones today and nobody got near them. It just reeks of complete neglect. For a club that is supposedly quite data driven I'm surprised we've not looked into getting a set piece coach in.

Archived