talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-3 Man Utd - Saturday 30th October, 2021

football forums

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-3 Man Utd - Saturday 30th October, 2021
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is Kane done at Spurs? 

Think his attitude today was disgusting. I understand he wanted to leave but I never had him down as a complete traitor to the Spurs support.

He's not even trying during games.

It’s almost as though some people are surprised that Spurs’ fourth or fifth or sixth choice manager from the summer isn’t working out. Nuno was doomed to fail from the outset, through him being so far down the Spurs’ hierarchy’s pecking order but also for having to work under Levy. I feel for Nuno, as he was very good at Wolves, but turning down Spurs would have been very tough but it’s never going to work and it will be somewhat of a black mark on his career. 

As for United, it’s the classic “painting over the cracks” this evening. Two pieces of brilliance from Ronaldo the difference. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

There's something quite satisfying about seeing Daniel Levy's 7th managerial choice fail and his reluctance to sell someone he had a gentleman's agreement not give a toss anymore.

Harsh that, I feel for Nuno.

He's a nice guy, he's been left with a largely defensive squad and his star player is giving zero effort.

13 minutes ago, Devil said:

He's a nice guy, he's been left with a largely defensive squad and his star player is giving zero effort.

It's not about Nuno, it's about Levy though. Nuno is just the fall guy in all this, no one wishes bad on him but they do Levy. He's the one making the decisions and in the past three seasons, it's fair to say he's stopped all the positive progress the club had made.

As for Nuno, I think people need to keep in perspective he was spoon fed a team to work with thanks to Jorge Mendes' links in getting them players they had no right to get in the Championship. 12 players in when he joined, of which some were of immense quality.

I don't begrudge him from taking some credit for their progress and don't doubt he's a nice guy, but I can't ignore the massive helping hand he got. He was definitely not the man for this job after all the abuse Jose received.

Levy made his bed, now he can lay in it, and the Spurs fans should be directing their frustrations at him.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

There's something quite satisfying about seeing Daniel Levy's 7th managerial choice fail and his reluctance to sell someone he had a gentleman's agreement not give a toss anymore.

A gentlemen's agreement? Says who. Kane penned a 5 year deal, if he wanted leverage he shouldn't have signed it away. A 2 year deal, or a rolling contract would have kept his options open. 

Suppose you can't expect a dribbler to be savvy tho. 

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

A gentlemen's agreement? Says who. Kane penned a 5 year deal, if he wanted leverage he shouldn't have signed it away. A 2 year deal, or a rolling contract would have kept his options open. 

Suppose you can't expect a dribbler to be savvy tho. 

He signed thay deal in 2018. Spurs were going places under Pochettino still, new Stadium factor and reached a Champions League final. As the face of the club, why would he not believe in the vision they painted for him and not commit? It's his club. All the signs pointed to the club pushing in the right direction so I don't blame him for taking that offer. 

Three seasons on and all that work has evaporated to the point they are only good enough for Europa Conference League. The club have failed to meet the vision they painted him and he's seeing everyone else around him moving on to bigger better things.

I couldn't blame him for wanting out and it's widely touted there was a gentlemen's agreement he could leave if the right offer came in. I bet if you asked Kane before the Euro's, he'd have honestly thought he was going.

Would you trust Daniel Levy? Not sure I would.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

What a load of nonsense.

He might be a nice guy but he’s an absolutely appalling managerial choice for this club and has no business being in the role. He never did. Hated the appointment at the start, hate it even more now. Needs to go. Not a single shot on target today. Not one in the second against West Ham. He doesn’t have a defensive squad at all. He’s a defensive dour manager with no idea how to set us up. 

He’s far from the only problem at the club, and levy needs to go too. But Nuno should be sacked ASAP 

Thought Spurs were horrid today and Kane was the worst of the lot.  He doesn't look interested, no effort at all today. I can't say the way United played filled me with hope for the season. United is still relaying on a couple of moments of brilliance, when they get it the result like today is good. 

10 hours ago, Storts said:

What a load of nonsense.

He might be a nice guy but he’s an absolutely appalling managerial choice for this club and has no business being in the role. He never did. Hated the appointment at the start, hate it even more now. Needs to go. Not a single shot on target today. Not one in the second against West Ham. He doesn’t have a defensive squad at all. He’s a defensive dour manager with no idea how to set us up. 

He’s far from the only problem at the club, and levy needs to go too. But Nuno should be sacked ASAP 

Calm down 🤣

Kane, Son, Moura, Bergwein, Ali 

You're free to add to that list but I'd hardly call it awash with attacking talent.

I understand you aren't happy with the appointment of Nuno but like I said in my previous post he's nice guy from what I've heard and seen and he can hardly be blamed for taking such a big job.

He's a cautious manager in the way he sets his teams up granted and I agree that isn't the Spurs way but when you have one striker and that striker has downed tools, what hope have you got?

I haven't watched Spurs week in week out but I do know Spurs look to Kane to set the tempo and if he's not on his game it runs through the team.

Only saw the highlights yet Utd looked much better playing Cavani alongside Ronaldo. Fernandes looked better too.

Ole may have found a combination to work for them.

Spurs poor form continues and I thought their starting line up looked attacking seems to have delivered very little.

6 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Only saw the highlights yet Utd looked much better playing Cavani alongside Ronaldo. Fernandes looked better too.

Ole may have found a combination to work for them.

Spurs poor form continues and I thought their starting line up looked attacking seems to have delivered very little.

Where does that leave Sancho?

If we were to stick with this formation you could only really see him being understudy to Fernandes.

Rashford could come in for Cavani or Ronaldo but Sancho can't play as a striker.

We're going to have another Donny situation at this rate.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

Where does that leave Sancho?

If we were to stick with this formation you could only really see him being understudy to Fernandes.

Rashford could come in for Cavani or Ronaldo but Sancho can't play as a striker.

We're going to have another Donny situation at this rate.

Good point on Sancho.

I don't think Ole wanted Ronaldo yet was told he had to play him and by finding a combination  that works may mean Sancho is the casualty.

Don't think he will be frozen out just asked to be patient until someone gets inured or suspended. Seems to me whoever plays needs to complement Ronaldo.

Not sure how Sancho might react to that. 

35 minutes ago, Devil said:

Calm down 🤣

Kane, Son, Moura, Bergwein, Ali 

You're free to add to that list but I'd hardly call it awash with attacking talent.

I understand you aren't happy with the appointment of Nuno but like I said in my previous post he's nice guy from what I've heard and seen and he can hardly be blamed for taking such a big job.

He's a cautious manager in the way he sets his teams up granted and I agree that isn't the Spurs way but when you have one striker and that striker has downed tools, what hope have you got?

I haven't watched Spurs week in week out but I do know Spurs look to Kane to set the tempo and if he's not on his game it runs through the team.

Ndombele, Lo Celso, Gil, attacking full backs in Reguilon, Sessegnon, Royal. There’s plenty to work with in terms of attacking in the squad, he just doesn’t know how to.

Nobody is blaming him for taking the job, of course not, I’m blaming the people that put him there in the first place as it should never have happened, but that doesnt mean we should persist with this farce. He should be out the club ASAP, the fans should be protesting the disastrous on field decisions made by a chairman that does not have a clue about football or care about success.

Again not disagreeing with you on the lack of second striker. It’s baffling how we’ve still got no second option (although it’s Son) but do I blame Kane now? Honestly not really. He gets zero service, he saw the club fail to invest and build on a position of strength. He saw the club appoint a manager that has no business being there. And he saw our steady decline since Poch. All down to a chairman that failed to spend the money and back the best manager we’ve had in 3 decades when it mattered.

Could Kane be working harder, yes. Is he the problem here? Not in my opinion. He’s got so much credit in the bank, even after the summer, that tbh he probably feels as deflated and annoyed as the rest of us at the state of the club. It’s pretty toxic. Nuno never had this group of players, they never bought in. And they have to take some blame too. Because this is the third manager that’s had to deal with it. But at the same time there’s still lots of talent there and we just have to get a front foot manager that knows how to utilise them 

I could go on for ages about the state of the club right now, I won’t, but yesterday was as bad and as toxic as I’ve seen it since the early 2000s. I actually loved the reaction to the Moura sub. It’s about time Levy and co understand that this isn’t good enough, and that people have realised that the root of the problems are with him and the board. A fish rots from the head after all 

Just now, Waylander said:

Good point on Sancho.

I don't think Ole wanted Ronaldo yet was told he had to play him and by finding a combination  that works may mean Sancho is the casualty.

Don't think he will be frozen out just asked to be patient until someone gets inured or suspended. Seems to me whoever plays needs to complement Ronaldo.

Not sure how Sancho might react to that. 

I don't see Sancho being as patient as Donny myself.

2 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Agreed it will be a tricky situation and with Newcastle looking to spend in January they might be tempted. 

Sancho won't leave in January, I'd imagine he like Donny will be watching the managing situation wondering if a new manager will like them more than Ole.

Ole is going soon, this win wasn't that impressive given Spurs are in an even worse situation than us.

• The topic was unpinned
19 minutes ago, Devil said:

Sancho won't leave in January, I'd imagine he like Donny will be watching the managing situation wondering if a new manager will like them more than Ole.

Ole is going soon, this win wasn't that impressive given Spurs are in an even worse situation than us.

For me depends on whether the players get self belief from that match..  

I see you are at home to City next time out.......

3 hours ago, Storts said:

Ndombele, Lo Celso, Gil, attacking full backs in Reguilon, Sessegnon, Royal. There’s plenty to work with in terms of attacking in the squad, he just doesn’t know how to.

Nobody is blaming him for taking the job, of course not, I’m blaming the people that put him there in the first place as it should never have happened, but that doesnt mean we should persist with this farce. He should be out the club ASAP, the fans should be protesting the disastrous on field decisions made by a chairman that does not have a clue about football or care about success.

Again not disagreeing with you on the lack of second striker. It’s baffling how we’ve still got no second option (although it’s Son) but do I blame Kane now? Honestly not really. He gets zero service, he saw the club fail to invest and build on a position of strength. He saw the club appoint a manager that has no business being there. And he saw our steady decline since Poch. All down to a chairman that failed to spend the money and back the best manager we’ve had in 3 decades when it mattered.

Could Kane be working harder, yes. Is he the problem here? Not in my opinion. He’s got so much credit in the bank, even after the summer, that tbh he probably feels as deflated and annoyed as the rest of us at the state of the club. It’s pretty toxic. Nuno never had this group of players, they never bought in. And they have to take some blame too. Because this is the third manager that’s had to deal with it. But at the same time there’s still lots of talent there and we just have to get a front foot manager that knows how to utilise them 

I could go on for ages about the state of the club right now, I won’t, but yesterday was as bad and as toxic as I’ve seen it since the early 2000s. I actually loved the reaction to the Moura sub. It’s about time Levy and co understand that this isn’t good enough, and that people have realised that the root of the problems are with him and the board. A fish rots from the head after all 

I couldn't agree more with the Levy situation.

Honestly, we know he's a hard nosed businessman, a pain in the arse to work with, ok he's done right for the club in the some cases in the past but you are where you are now because of his decision making and he needs to be held accountable.

As for Nuno, we all could foresee this. Of course no manager deserves the boot after 10 games but if there was someone available you 100% knew would be a better fit and would take the job, I think its the sort of ruthless decision that needs to be made sooner rather than later.

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I couldn't agree more with the Levy situation.

Honestly, we know he's a hard nosed businessman, a pain in the arse to work with, ok he's done right for the club in the some cases in the past but you are where you are now because of his decision making and he needs to be held accountable.

As for Nuno, we all could foresee this. Of course no manager deserves the boot after 10 games but if there was someone available you 100% knew would be a better fit and would take the job, I think its the sort of ruthless decision that needs to be made sooner rather than later.

Who would we think was a better fit for Spurs currently?

They could go down the young English manager route in Potter but I don't think the fans would give him the time needed.

The top end of the Premier league is ruthless, managers need a certain profile to survive as the fans expect to be entertained and results to go their way.

In reality both Ole and Nuno could say their potential sackings would be unfair given one's only lost three games this season and the other hasn't really been given much time at all.

Spurs will want a higher profile manager and there aren't many available at the moment. Conte is the obvious one but given talks broke down in the summer I doubt that would raise its head again.

33 minutes ago, Waylander said:

For me depends on whether the players get self belief from that match..  

I see you are at home to City next time out.......

Atalanta away before City, if he gets a second victory in Italy then I don't think he will lose his job if we lose to City. If he gets beat in Italy and then against City its likely curtains for Ole.

I'm all for us sticking with the five at the back if it keeps us winning, just a shame the squad wasn't built with that formation in mind. We're going to have so many unhappy players going forward.

Archived