Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal - Saturday 20th November, 2021

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 17.30 (GMT)

Live on Sky Sports

155.png       VS     1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
03/04/2021 - Arsenal 0-3 Liverpool
01/10/2020 - Liverpool 0-0p Arsenal (EFL Cup)
28/09/2020 - Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal

Recent Form
Liverpool - LWDWW
Arsenal - WWWWD

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’ll be absolutely fine ffs. Starting to feel what MadLad is on about with you moaning wankers :ph34r:

I'm not so sure, our midfield's been pretty shit lately and it's looking likely Henderson won't play and he's been the one member of the midfield that's played well in the last 2 league matches.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Rick said:

Same. Unless our midfield have sorted their act out I think they are going to carve us open on the counter. 

Your board should have bought someone in the international break. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not so sure, our midfield's been pretty shit lately and it's looking likely Henderson won't play and he's been the one member of the midfield that's played well in the last 2 league matches.

I’m certain you’ve still got enough for Arsenal. They’ve been on a decent run against the also rans but Leicester aside haven’t pulled up any trees.

Think this game isn't clear cut as it used to be given the context. 

Just how many injuries do Liverpool have atm? With Arsenal pulling up a decent run of results + their players being fresh, think they may give Liverpool a game. 

Think Liverpool will win but not the blow out we've seen the past few seasons. 

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think this game isn't clear cut as it used to be given the context. 

Just how many injuries do Liverpool have atm? With Arsenal pulling up a decent run of results + their players being fresh, think they may give Liverpool a game. 

Think Liverpool will win but not the blow out we've seen the past few seasons. 

Firmino, Keita, Milner, Jones, and Gomez confirmed out for this one, with Robertson and Henderson needing late fitness tests. Out of the likely midfield of Fabinho, Ox, and Thiago the only one of those midfielders I feel like we can trust is Fabinho - but he looked pretty poor his last run out tbh. With Thiago he's really been hit or miss, mostly miss and Oxlade-Chamberlain's not been the same player since his last bad injury.

• Subscriber

It may not be the walk in the park we expect but I think we'll win here. I'd be tempted to push Tsimikas into this one as he's actually showing more potential than Andy at this point. Mane needs to start getting into some kind of rhythm sooner and I feel like Tsimikas will get that more out of him than Robbo.

Hopefully the international break has reset the midfield a bit and Hendo is given the all clear (took part in some training yesterday and today). Still, if you watched our midfield and defence against West Ham, I think it’s understandable that a couple of us are worried. Our front three can cause problems against anybody, that much is certain. I just don’t trust Ox in that midfield three and even less so if Henderson isn’t in to help sure it up. 

O M FUCKING GEEE We haven't played well in 2 games and have lost 1 game in 26 .... GERRARD IN!!! 

:ph34r:

Seriously though.. Forget that West Ham game..Remember, before Klopp came, we lost 6-1 to Stoke..we lost to Norwich and Bordeaux. We drew against Carlisle United and FC Sion and before that under Hodgson, we lost against Northampton. We have come far far away from those days. And we need to get out of this famine mentality of talking about transfers after every setback. It shows distrust in the current squad and its not needed. We have a great team, we just need to play at our best which we are not doing. That's all. Stop worrying and cheer hard. We go again in 2 days 🚩

19 minutes ago, Devil said:

Who'd have thought Thiago would be so untrusted by the Liverpool fans.

This is a huge game for Arsenal by the way, they've looked good but as @DeadLinesman said they've only played Leicester during their run of form who'd you'd say are a decent side.

I think Thiago's a bit like Veron, tbh. Clearly a very good player somewhere in there... but he's maybe not the best fit for playing in England. Although I've actually seen Thiago play well for us - I'm not sure I ever saw Veron really perform at either United and Chelsea.

But he's just so hit or miss... and when he's bad he's infuriatingly poor tbh.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

O M FUCKING GEEE We haven't played well in 2 games and have lost 1 game in 26 .... GERRARD IN!!! 

Seriously though.. Forget that West Ham game..Remember, before Klopp came, we lost 6-1 to Stoke..we lost to Norwich and Bordeaux. We drew against Carlisle United and FC Sion and before that under Hodgson, we lost against Northampton. We have come far far away from those days. And we need to get out of this famine mentality of talking about transfers after every setback. It shows distrust in the current squad and its not needed. We have a great team, we just need to play at our best which we are not doing. That's all. Stop worrying and cheer hard. We go again in 2 days 🚩

Patronising much? 

Despite the fact we have talked at length about squad gaps prior to these setbacks, you still ignore that and claim we are being knee jerk. I’m not getting into the whole transfer discussion with you again, but please stop making out we are fair weather fans because we point out parts of the squad we feel could be improved upon. #rondonIn

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Tbh with Thiago... I would probably have been happier had we not signed him and used that money to tie Gini Wijnaldum down. Gini was an underrated and important player.

• Subscriber

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 09.02.03.png

Fucking hell, I have low expectations of Sky Sports journalism but wow.

In keeping with the usual media treatment of English goalkeepers though. Every English goalkeeper is world class apart from the actual England goalkeeper who is the team's weak link, regardless of who it is and how well or badly they perform.

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 09.02.03.png

Fucking hell, I have low expectations of Sky Sports journalism but wow.

In keeping with the usual media treatment of English goalkeepers though. Every English goalkeeper is world class apart from the actual England goalkeeper who is the team's weak link, regardless of who it is and how well or badly they perform.

Saw Pickford is linked with Tottenham. I'm sure the media narrative will change then if he moves xD 

6 hours ago, shut up said:

I think we can add Thiago to the very long list of players that looked great in the Bundesliga but werent quite good enough for the Premier League 

They can’t all be Bobby, Dzeko, KDB, Gundogan or Hamann.

Weird though that Thiago and even Xhaka were considered brilliant CMs with loads of playmaking ability, but they are so inconsistent here.

I’m still hoping Thiago can settle in well here, he’s put in some great performances around the end of last year despite looking shit coming into the side last year when we had no CBs. But performances like against West Ham make me think that hope is misplaced.

Archived