talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Entitled Footballers

Is it about time that footballers wages were revealed, I for one would like to no what these entitled people get for their living.

as a Liverpool fan I go to matches, and like every supporter I moan at certain players and wonder to myself his on the bench what are you contributing?? Except for a drain on the clubs profits, after the he who shall not be named incident over the weekend is it about time these players stopped getting such big wages until a certain age.

Or if they actually deserve these wages, whether it’s entertainment or not football hasn’t morphed into a new matrix like sport it’s still kick pass shoot score, nothing futuristic about that is there I’m tired of this rule where footballers need to be earning a certain amount of money, and people young people look up to them and place them peddle stools.

I would like to no what they earn, because like in any profession the top people in their field deserve good earnings but the mediocre players well they may not football needs to be more transparent it’s a very secretive closed shop.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m pretty sure you can find their wages if you look hard enough xD

Entitled football fans though… Why the fuck are you harassing our lads sitting on the bench? If you’re at Anfield support the lads don’t just have a fucking moan at them

Someone needs to start a thread about entitled fans...

It's a very easy thing to point at as well when any of them do anything wrong because it mentally allows you to separate them from you when criticising them but in reality it isn't a big factor.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Not sure about England, in Germany though it's anything but fixed as elements like pitch time or point boni aren't seldom.

Fair. Maybe it’s cultural differentiation thing but from my experience in Australia and USA the difference is that  a wage is compensation based on hourly work, and a salary is a fixed sum payed out weekly or biweekly over a year (not including bonuses and expensens). It isn’t like footballers get paid on minutes played, imagine if they were! xD

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I thought they had salaries not wages. The kid earning $10 p/h at the supermarket is waged but these guys get a fixed rate salary.

Semantics. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Semantics. 

Hardly. I’d rather have a wage of $20 than a salary of $20. In terms of fair compensation, I’d hate to have you for a boss, but love you as employee if you think it is just semantics!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Hardly. I’d rather have a wage of $20 than a salary of $20. In terms of fair compensation, I’d hate to have you for a boss, but love you as employee if you think it is just semantics!

Technicality, then. If not semantics. 

a.k.a. I don't actually care so not sure why I'm arguing it xD 

Just now, Stan said:

Technicality, then. If not semantics. 

a.k.a. I don't actually care so not sure why I'm arguing it xD 

I’d just say ‘two very different things’ :ph34r:

Even if it isn’t I always thought it was an important distinction 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

It isn’t like footballers get paid on minutes played, imagine if they were! xD

Not quite the same, but contracts with remuneration based on performance and playing time isn't that unusual in Germany, especially when extending contracts of aging or injury-plagued footballers. When Pizarro made his last return to Bremen, he signed a contract with a low base salary (less than 300.000 a year) + bonuses paid for each match played and goals scored, etc. He was in such a good form upon his return, that he raked by far more in matchday bonuses than his actual salary xD

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Actually it's the footballer's income that was requested to be disclosed in the op, regardless whether it's wages, salary or bonuses, if I'm not mistaken.xD

yeah fuck you @Spike  :x 

30 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Actually it's the footballer's income that was requested to be disclosed in the op, regardless whether it's wages, salary or bonuses, if I'm not mistaken.xD

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah fuck you @Spike  :x 

Gentlemen you both know it was for the best 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

image.png

Been catching up on a lot of unread content today and this tickled me.

As i read the OP i started to laugh thinking wtf why then when i saw that reaction i actually lol'd maybe more than i should. But i was thinking the exact same. xD

Has the OP been seen since? Clearly an agent trying to get a better deal for someone at a shite club like Burnley. :ph34r:

Archived