15/09/2019 - Watford 2-2 Arsenal

Recent Form
Watford - DLWLL
Arsenal - WWWDL

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Saka is really good. I really rate the way despite some of the over the top pandering in the summer he's not taken it as some comfort blanket and hidden behind it but has continued to perform well. I didn't think the reaction to him in the summer was going to do him any good.

Martinelli really starting to come into his own, Arteta has got it spot on with this Arsenal team this season and they finally look like a side that has a future. Think there will be a lot of critics having to eat their own words about Arteta now

Result helping us out too

28 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Saka is one of the most consistent players in the league. Rarely, if ever, has a bad game. Superior to both Sancho and Grealish.

Could easily see him at Liverpool if you didn't get Top 4.

• Subscriber

I may be harsh but I think Arteta 'should' get top 4 this season as a minimum. They've spent money and have no Europe to contend with.

But I do quite rate them now really. Not the finished article but you'd harsh to say there hasn't been improvement.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Could easily see him at Liverpool if you didn't get Top 4.

Think the only problem is that he’s too expensive and with Mane, Salah, Firminho, Diaz and Jota can you guarantee the game time? Especially with Salah there. Good Salah replacement though.

14 minutes ago, Dan said:

I may be harsh but I think Arteta 'should' get top 4 this season as a minimum. They've spent money and have no Europe to contend with.

Anything less than 5th would've imo been a failure considering the investment and no European football. Arteta has certainly done enough to continue. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Anything less than 5th would've imo been a failure considering the investment and no European football. Arteta has certainly done enough to continue. 

I dunno why 5th would be acceptable personally, suppose it partially depends on the others but Man Utd & Spurs are still clearly flawed and I'm convinced West Ham will fall away, Wolves already have.

Arsenal really need to get rid of the Pepe’s and Nketiah’s in the Summer. Came on, offered little and Watford got back into it. They have a really good first 11 but the squad isn’t good, if they get top 4 that squad needs to improve big time 

29 minutes ago, Dan said:

I dunno why 5th would be acceptable personally, suppose it partially depends on the others but Man Utd & Spurs are still clearly flawed and I'm convinced West Ham will fall away, Wolves already have.

Their football has improved literally 10x fold from the abomination we saw last season. Of course expectations change, but I still think if somehow Spurs and United nick them, Arsenal can still build something with Arteta next year. The football is finally there. 

Question is next year when they balance European football. We won the league with ease in 2017 with a very average Chelsea side minus Hazard, Costa, and Kante. 

@Cicero I agree 5th would be acceptable. The reason I think that is you have to look at what arteta is up against. Man city and liverpool have two of the best managers in the world. Chelsea have a world class manager as do spurs. Utd dont but they have the most expensive squad in the league. Unless we get a world class manager I cant see us doing much better. Some people might say that's negative but I dont see our bourd going out and getting a world class manager. We don't want to be a team that changes manager every season. At the moment I think we are better of with arteta with this bourd. 

• The title was changed to Watford 2-3 Arsenal - Sunday 6th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Nah I'm sorry I don't agree. There's a difference between 4th and 5th quite significantly and I think if you can't break in now then when will you? You're not up against great competition. Finishing below Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea is forgivable but with no European football, a decent expendature and lets be fair, an improved squad, I think you're as well set as anybody to get 4th. See Manchester United's floundering as an opportunity. There's no reason you can't finish ahead of them in this state.

41 minutes ago, Dan said:

Nah I'm sorry I don't agree. There's a difference between 4th and 5th quite significantly and I think if you can't break in now then when will you? You're not up against great competition. Finishing below Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea is forgivable but with no European football, a decent expendature and lets be fair, an improved squad, I think you're as well set as anybody to get 4th. See Manchester United's floundering as an opportunity. There's no reason you can't finish ahead of them in this state.

Agree with this. As long as things keep looking rotten at United, Arsenal have a great opportunity to get back into the CL spots. They don't have European football to distract them from the bread and butter of the league, they've improved both on paper and on the pitch.

I think they should be looking at 4th and thinking it's very possible for them.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Agree with this. As long as things keep looking rotten at United, Arsenal have a great opportunity to get back into the CL spots. They don't have European football to distract them from the bread and butter of the league, they've improved both on paper and on the pitch.

I think they should be looking at 4th and thinking it's very possible for them.

If I had to back any team to do it now I'd go with Arsenal. The best price you can get on Arsenal making the top 4 is 6/11. Compared to 3/1 on Tottenham, 5/1 on Man Utd, 25/1 on West Ham. Basically from this point they imply Arsenal 'should' finish 4th and I agree with them.

The only catch for Arsenal is their games in hand are a bit of a mirage. They're against Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea. Lose at Spurs and I think that swings things.

If I'm an Arsenal fan I'm disappointed with 5th from here.

Archived