Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Das Boot 2018 cast revealed

A lot of youngsters, I don't know any of them.

image-1159316-galleryV9-nwrk-1159316.jpg

Rick Okon - the new captain

image-1159319-galleryV9-lmei-1159319.jpg

Leonard Scheicher

image-1159317-galleryV9-yjio-1159317.jpg

Vicky Krieps

image-1159318-galleryV9-tnzw-1159318.jpg

Robert Stadlober

@Tsubasa, how good are they?

%C3%96sterreichischer_Filmpreis_2015_And

Andreas Prochaska is the director.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

I have seen Das Boot. I don't recall any women in it. This is probs because it's a WW2 film set in a submarine. Interested to know what the chick is doing staring in the squeal.

What the hell? I've seen Robert Stadlober here and there, and I guess he's decent, but I've never heard about the rest. I didn't even know they are making something new involving "Das Boot". The original movie was great and one of the most intense things ever. I don't have much hope for whatever this is. 

2 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

I have seen Das Boot. I don't recall any women in it. This is probs because it's a WW2 film set in a submarine. Interested to know what the chick is doing staring in the squeal.

I've just read that it plays after the events of Das Boot, while they are in some harbour, regrouping and preparing for the resistance. So I guess she plays some love interest in said harbour? No idea. Apparently SKY is involved, and they're using a 25 Mio. € budget. So maybe it'll be somewhat decent. 

1 minute ago, Tanksie said:

I won't spoiler then. :P

1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

What the hell? I've seen Robert Stadlober here and there, and I guess he's decent, but I've never heard about the rest. I didn't even know they are making something new involving "Das Boot". The original movie was great and one of the most intense things ever. I don't have much hope for whatever this is. 

Das Boot was the greatest sub marine movie ever made in my humble, unbiased opinion. Only the best crew can prevent a complete failure.

Prediction: this will suck. Not even because Das Boot is one of the all-time best WW2 movies and it doesn't need a remake, but because it will just blow on its own merits.

8 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Prediction: this will suck. Not even because Das Boot is one of the all-time best WW2 movies and it doesn't need a remake, but because it will just blow on its own merits.

This is not a remake. It's about a different uboot with a different history and story.

They're identifying themselves with the franchise so it's going to create high expectations either way.

It's going to be a mini-series though, not a movie.

The original Das Boot was also released as a mini-series, same difference.

I know, still a new story since it continues where the original left off, and it's still based on Buchheim's novels. It will be hard for them to be anywhere close to the original for sure, but I personally look forward to it anyway.

3 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Any news on the release date?

November, but no specific date has been confirmed yet!

0944436.jpg

Vicky Krieps was in The Phantom Thread with Daniel Day-Lewis. She was very good in that. She's Luxembourgish so I guess it's up in the air as to what kind of role she will play; she can presumably speak French and German, and if it's set in a U-Boat dock I presume it's set in France.

On 6/27/2018 at 04:36, Inverted said:

Vicky Krieps was in The Phantom Thread with Daniel Day-Lewis. She was very good in that. She's Luxembourgish so I guess it's up in the air as to what kind of role she will play; she can presumably speak French and German, and if it's set in a U-Boat dock I presume it's set in France.

She's playing a role of a German translator in France who gets entangled in her loyalty to Germany, French Résistance, and some forbidden love. The storyline is split into two parts, one in the U-boat and one in France.

On 28/06/2018 at 04:44, nudge said:

She's playing a role of a German translator in France who gets entangled in her loyalty to Germany, French Résistance, and some forbidden love. The storyline is split into two parts, one in the U-boat and one in France.

I think the number of films and books about the Résistance has already surpassed the actual number of members of the Résistance. :27_sunglasses:

But seriously, I don´t like the fact that they use the name "Das Boot". I´ll still watch it anyway, because I´m a sucker for anything WWII related. xD

• Upvote 2

Premieres on November 23rd! Just saw the announcement on Sky haha.

Haven't watched it yet.

What I've heard so far is supposed to be a typical German film production and that scared me off.

I'm curious to see what you say though.

3 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Haven't watched it yet.

What I've heard so far is supposed to be a typical German film production and that scared me off.

I'm curious to see what you say though.

Have you watched Babylon Berlin or Deutschland 83?

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Have you watched Babylon Berlin or Deutschland 83?

Deutschland 83 wasn't too bad. At least the first episodes. Still have to continue watching that one.

Babylon Berlin - I personally didn't like it at all.

Haven't watched it yet. I'll wait and see what you have to say about it :D

Just finished the first episode; love it so far.

Know it isn't really relevant, but I would love for an All Quite on the Western Front remake. 

Baffling really why it hasn't been in the works yet in this decade. 

12 hours ago, nudge said:

So anyone watched it yet??? I'm watching the first episode tonight; heard it's actually quite good!

@Tommy @BartraPique1932 @El Profesor @Faithcore @Rucksackfranzose

Thanks for the heads up, Inga. The original film is one of my favorite so I´ll give it a shot. 

I enjoyed "Babylon Berlin", Deutschland 83" and "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väte". Germans are producing some nice series recently.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Thanks for the heads up, Inga. The original film is one of my favorite so I´ll give it a shot. 

I enjoyed "Babylon Berlin", Deutschland 83" and "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väte". Germans are producing some nice series recently.

A new season of Deutschland 83 (it's called Deutschland 86 now) is also out; not sure if you're aware! Still as good as the first one.

I'm not sure how Das Boot develops further, but I liked the first episode a lot and it looks promising.

21 hours ago, Cicero said:

Know it isn't really relevant, but I would love for an All Quite on the Western Front remake. 

Baffling really why it hasn't been in the works yet in this decade. 

It apparently is in the works for a few years now (since 2012 it seems); but I haven't heard anything about it either and IMDB still lists it as a pre-production so probably nothing will come out of it... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1016150/

I love Remarque and have read pretty much all of his books. This is definitely one of the greatest (anti)war novels of all time, but I wish we could get a German adaption of it instead of another Hollywood one...

• Upvote 1

Give the job to Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer for music and it'll be a success.