Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Raphinha - Linked With Leeds Exit


Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.
4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I'd be amazed if Liverpool signed another forward this summer 

Even with Minamino and Origi going? I think we need to. Jota & Bobby are our only senior back ups to the front three and it’s going to be another long season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Even with Minamino and Origi going? I think we need to. Jota & Bobby are our only senior back ups to the front three and it’s going to be another long season. 

I certainly don't see a big signing there. I'd still be surprised if there was another one of any note given that Carvalho is already in. I'd assume Gordon will see some more minutes in the cups next season as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Diaz, Jota, Salah, Firminho, Nunez and Elliot seems like good depth

Elliott has generally been used in the midfield three but yeah, he will certainly do bits in the front three as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

United really are still shite aren’t they. Everyone else getting business sorted and we’ve still got our pants down playing with ourselves. 

Join the club. 

Pathetic really as you lot and us need a complete rebuild so you'd assume we'd be the most active. NOPE. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am resigned to Rapha leaving but he has his heart set on Barca and they don't have the cash so he's a bit fucked really. He may have to choose another option if we get a good bid.

Salah likes to play on that inside right position at Liverpool which is where Rapha prefers so I'm not sure he'd enjoy being understudy there, mind.

But whoever does get him I can see why they want to get it done sooner than later, his price will only go up after the World Cup otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I am resigned to Rapha leaving but he has his heart set on Barca and they don't have the cash so he's a bit fucked really. He may have to choose another option if we get a good bid.

Salah likes to play on that inside right position at Liverpool which is where Rapha prefers so I'm not sure he'd enjoy being understudy there, mind.

But whoever does get him I can see why they want to get it done sooner than later, his price will only go up after the World Cup otherwise.

Salah’s probably leaving on a free next if we sign him tbh, so he’d have a season to push the hell out of Salah or actually displace him before Mo’s contract is up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Salah’s probably leaving on a free next if we sign him tbh, so he’d have a season to push the hell out of Salah or actually displace him before Mo’s contract is up.

From that aspect, I'd get why you'd want to try and do it sooner rather than later. I honestly think if no club gets him this summer, his price will only go up after the World Cup because he does look at home in that Brazil side.

If Liverpool gave us £50m plus Minamino, it would be hard for us to turn down I think.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Got the feel sorry for Leeds, will probably lose Phillips too

Losing both will be a catastrophe but I'm not ruling it out.

I'd rather lose Raphinha than Phillips all day everyday but if City come calling he's going to want it I think.

For his own ambitions he'd have to pursue it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

United really are still shite aren’t they. Everyone else getting business sorted and we’ve still got our pants down playing with ourselves. Fucking embarrassing. Raphina is class.

 

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Join the club. 

Pathetic really as you lot and us need a complete rebuild so you'd assume we'd be the most active. NOPE. 

Us and City have way more stability though so it’s probably easier to act quick to make the signings we want.

United have a new manager that probably wants to judge some of his current players in preseason before making final decisions. And their plans for continuity between this season and last season really went out the window with Rangnick.

Chelsea have completely new owners. They could come out and splash the cash, but they’re also trying to make Chelsea have long term plans for the first time since before Putin’s pen pal was owning the club. Long term plans aren’t built overnight and Chelsea fans might have to have a bit more patience if they’ve got less reactive owners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

From that aspect, I'd get why you'd want to try and do it sooner rather than later. I honestly think if no club gets him this summer, his price will only go up after the World Cup because he does look at home in that Brazil side.

If Liverpool gave us £50m plus Minamino, it would be hard for us to turn down I think.

Aside from that, under Klopp we’ve shown we’re willing to be very patient with big money signings even if it means keeping them out of the spotlight until they’re more comfortable with playing in our system - which I think removes some pressure from players in a sense when they’ve got big price tags on their heads.

So I think you’re right about the financial side of things, but also in a footballing sense it makes sense we’d want him with us ASAP so he gets as much time in pre-season and more time to learn how we play and gel with the non-Brazilians in our side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Liverpool to start hoarding forwards like Man City just so other clubs can't have them :ph34r:.

 

In all honesty, I can see him fitting in that squad perfectly. Got the tenacity, quality and talent to make an impact. Clearly too good for Leeds and I don't mean any disrespect to Leeds with that. He's just capable of playing at a higher level and in Europe I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Raphinha - Liverpool Make Bid
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Losing both will be a catastrophe but I'm not ruling it out.

I'd rather lose Raphinha than Phillips all day everyday but if City come calling he's going to want it I think.

For his own ambitions he'd have to pursue it.

If he does come to us he's got a lot of competition for game time, do you see him playing much?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

If he does come to us he's got a lot of competition for game time, do you see him playing much?

Would depend on Pep I guess.

I'm sure if you asked Pep, he probably felt he had to play Rodri more than he'd have liked.

I've no doubts KP could play in your team, he's been well coached by Bielsa and Pep obviously sees that and loves how disciplined he is in that role.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Chelsea have completely new owners. They could come out and splash the cash, but they’re also trying to make Chelsea have long term plans for the first time since before Putin’s pen pal was owning the club. Long term plans aren’t built overnight and Chelsea fans might have to have a bit more patience if they’ve got less reactive owners.

We don't have a new board though. We have the same incompetent board with no DoF in place, and the bloke who sanctioned the Lukaku + Saul deal in favor of Tchouameni still hasn't been sacked. So long as these members are still in place I have no confidence. 

What's likely going on is we are trying to get rid of players before bringing new ones in. Lukaku abd Barcelona unable to buy players (Alonso/Azpilicueta) the stumbling blocks. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we managed to get Raphinha and Minamino moved the other way as part of the deal I think we’d have done some great business. I hope the rumour is true because I would much rather us bring in a somebody to replace Salah (in the long term) this summer so we aren’t expecting them to hit the ground running next august. Raphinha can be got for a relatively reasonable price in relation to his talent.
 

Get him in before the World Cup like @Lucas says or we pay 30m on top. Klopp has admired him for a while, and we all know he’s class, makes perfect sense to me. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

We don't have a new board though. We have the same incompetent board with no DoF in place, and the bloke who sanctioned the Lukaku + Saul deal in favor of Tchouameni still hasn't been sacked. So long as these members are still in place I have no confidence. 

What's likely going on is we are trying to get rid of players before bringing new ones in. Lukaku abd Barcelona unable to buy players (Alonso/Azpilicueta) the stumbling blocks. 

Yeah well I think there will always be growing pains transitioning from one owner with a completely different style to another.

Dealing with the fallout of the Lukaku disaster is tough because it seems like Lukaku wants Inter more than Inter wants him - so there's difficulties in trying to get him out ASAP and trying to recover as much money as you can. Barca are handicapped financially by the La Liga rules (which honestly seem pretty shortsighted, regardless of how poorly Barca's been run as now 14 other clubs in La Liga are judged to be in similar situations in a year most clubs would be still feeling the financial effects of the pandemic) and that seems to be causing a lot of slowdowns for various transfers it seems. Like Bayern with Lewa & Mane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

United really are still shite aren’t they. Everyone else getting business sorted and we’ve still got our pants down playing with ourselves. Fucking embarrassing. Raphina is class.

Any pics?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Current situation according to the all seeing eye of transfers

I can see Barcelona coming back if they sell De Jong, it gives them more money to raise their offer otherwise he's not going there.

Then it could potentially be a three way tug of war between Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

As stated before, if they want him enough, pay the money. We're prepared to lose him but for a price we want. That's all there is to it.

Edited by Lucas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

You have to question if a club with 350million debt should even be allowed to buy players? 🤔 if it was Shell they would of cut them off :ph34r:

I agree! City getting billian pound loans from their owners like Chelsea did should be totally rulled out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Raphinha - Linked With Leeds Exit

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...