talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wesley Fofana Signs for Chelsea

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah rumors this will be turned down also. 

Need to stop wasting each other's time and move on. We need to get either get Ndicka or Tapsoba. 

Exactly. Given Fofana can act like a spoilt brat as has been shown at his time at St Etienne and now here these last few weeks, it wouldn't surprise me if his agent is of the same ilk. And of course because agents are just scum anyway. So his agent has probably leaked a lot of shit about any kind of deal. 

Fofana wants Chelsea and that seems to be it. I'm surprised other clubs haven't come calling, but perhaps that's due to Fofana only wanting Chelsea and no one else. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate Boehly's ambition but he really knows nothing about football with this approach. 

Spent all of August going after unattainable players and exploited our position as a result given every club in Europe now knows how much we have to spend on certain areas.

• Subscriber
On 16/08/2022 at 16:56, Dan said:

What a shitshow it is. So we're now going to end up selling him probably with about 3/4 days of the window left and end up scrambling for a replacement.

I knew he wouldn't be here long but I thought we'd hold him a bit longer than this given the injury.

We have got to have a good centre back and right winger lined up with the proceeds. Total negligence if we don't.

On 16/08/2022 at 17:27, Dan said:

I think he'll go to you for about the same fee we got for Maguire.

Extremely interesting two weeks incoming for us - a big test for me of if lessons have been learned or not.

Like clockwork.

Will never wish him well after how he's acted the last few weeks to be honest. He can fuck off. However he is legit brilliant and you've bagged an excellent defender. 

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Like clockwork.

Will never wish him well after how he's acted the last few weeks to be honest. He can fuck off. However he is legit brilliant and you've bagged an excellent defender. 

Truth be told Tapsoba will not only be cheaper but will be just as good. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Truth be told Tapsoba will not only be cheaper but will be just as good. 

Dunno if I've put it in here but we had Tapsoba lined up in January 2020 and we never went ahead with it, and he went off to Leverkusen. Same happened with Trincao. Firmly believe if we'd bought both we'd have qualified for the Champions League.

I'm really not keen on the idea of Akanji.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Also this. Simon Jordan laying it out how it is. 

Gotta be careful with that sort of tone. Some people react well to challenges, some to criticism, some to positive reinforcement. I know if some arsehole said that to me, I’d tell them to fuck off and put in a transfer request and sit out on games.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Danny said:

Gotta be wary of a player who will act the way Fofana has for a move

Exactly. Only 21 and Chelsea will eventually see what happens. 

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Just saw a guy say ‘Leicester are struggling financially’ lmao what a joke, richest family in Thailand own them

We are but its nothing to do with how rich the owners are. The financial 'struggle' relates to our wage to turnover ratio. We've spent too much on wages and now they're implicated by FFP, so we need to cut our wage bill before making any moves. 

The sale of Kasper, imminently Fofana and now Perez may help. 

6 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I belive a lot of their money is in the duty free shops and covid has hurt tourism 

Correct. They are very rich, of course. But their income took a hit. Something like 5bn to 1.7bn from 2020 to 2022.

6 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Does Forfana walk into Chelsea' s starting line up?  Or will he take some time to be a starter?

Should do, along with Koulibaly and Thiago Silva as the 3 CBs I'd imagine. 

Archived