talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Chelsea Sign Striker on Deadline Day

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I'm hoping this is just paper talk, can't see him working well as he plays off the shoulder and teams sit deep against us. 

He’s an instinctive finisher. Which is what we need. We camp in the oppositions box like 75-80% of matches so we need someone like him. 

He at least has a first touch and close control which makes him better suited vs Lukaku. 

6 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I watched him a bit when Arteta took over at Arsenal.

I just don't seem him being a success with us.

I mean I'm not entirely against it. Still think we need an instinctive finisher in the squad and Havertz ain't it and Broja still raw.

His role at Arsenal was essentially Jesus' now. Drop deep and be involved in the build up. Not his game. We have Havertz for that (against top opposition) but in matches against sides where we will pack their end, we need someone like Aubameyang IMO. He can operate at LF or ST. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's why they are miles away from the top 2. Can't get a settled side because they buy 155'000 players every window. 

Looks like there new owners don't have a clue 😂 ..City bid £30 for that left back kid, must be good let's bid £50million :dash3:🤣 ..think it will be you, us spurs and Arsenal for the top positions this season, Chelsea got a group of mercs together and united are a mess still

51 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Looks like there new owners don't have a clue 😂 ..City bid £30 for that left back kid, must be good let's bid £50million :dash3:🤣 ..think it will be you, us spurs and Arsenal for the top positions this season, Chelsea got a group of mercs together and united are a mess still

I agree. I think Chelsea will struggle for top four. Might just make it at the expense of Arsenal but it will be close I think. 

Auba clearly didn't want to play for Arsenal, I think he will flourish in England again if he is played to his preferred strengths rather than having to submit to the wider team goals. With players like Sterling, Havertz, CHO, etc in the team there is a lot there to feed Auba's instinctive finishing.

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I agree. I think Chelsea will struggle for top four. Might just make it at the expense of Arsenal but it will be close I think. 

I think Arsenal will be the surprise package this season, Jesus is going to do good things for them

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've just googled it and they average loan out 755'000  players a season.

Buying a player isn't the same as loaning one out. Come on mate, at least make your jokes cohesive.xD

According to tranfermarket and not counting loans and free transfers

Since the 18/19 season

Chelsea have bought 14 players (there was a transfer ban though)
Arsenal have bought 25 players
Man City have bought 21 players
Liverpool have bought 15 players
Leicester have bought 16 players
Tottenhma have bought 16 players
Man United have bought 16 players
West Ham have bought 23 players

Kinda interesting.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

According to tranfermarket and not counting loans and free transfers

Since the 18/19 season

Chelsea have bought 14 players (there was a transfer ban though)
Arsenal have bought 25 players
Man City have bought 21 players
Liverpool have bought 15 players
Leicester have bought 16 players
Tottenhma have bought 16 players
Man United have bought 16 players
West Ham have bought 23 players

Kinda interesting.

Lies. I was told by a neutral and reputable reporter with no agenda whatsoever the club bought over 155,000 players since 2019. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Lies. I was told by a neutral and reputable reporter with no agenda whatsoever the club bought over 155,000 players since 2019. 

It is kind of interesting to look at. Some clubs, in this case West Ham and Arsenal are very aggressive when it comes to low risk, high reward transfers. A lot of their transfers were low fees for relatively unknown and young players. Then of course when you observe the fees involved, every single English club is throwing around absurd amounts of money, especially relative to 10 and then 20 years ago. It's shocking that the insane fee for Fernando Torres is the norm for clubs like West Ham.

Archived