talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace - Monday 15th August, 2022

football forums

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel for Phillips. He's on a hiding to nothing before he's kicked a ball tonight but he's tried to step up twice and catch Zaha off and twice he's got caught out.

That said, brilliant skill by Eze to skin Fabinho like that. Had all the space in the world to play a through ball after.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Feel for Phillips. He's on a hiding to nothing before he's kicked a ball tonight but he's tried to step up twice and catch Zaha off and twice he's got caught out.

Bizarre decision to start him when they start with a back three, playing on the counter. Especially when he’s going to have next to no support from Trent and Elliot. Gomez should have started. 

Nunez should do better, but doesn’t Anderson come in and knock him off that shot? And of course Virj slips at the exact moment he needs to not slip. 

Most the possession but nothing to show for it. I would consider bringing Carvalho on early to play alongside Diaz on the left, because Robertson isn’t helping him further up the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That said, brilliant skill by Eze to skin Fabinho like that. Had all the space in the world to play a through ball after.

Second one was Trent wasn’t it? Admittedly only glanced at it but thought Phillips stepped up correctly and Trent was too deep 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The tactics today seem to be get it out wide and lump it into the box and hope for the best.

Elliot the only positive from that shambles... best player on the pitch.

Agree - Elliott is everywhere. Odd tactic to employ considering Palace are generally and usually quite good at defending against that kind. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Bizarre decision to start him when they start with a back three, playing on the counter. Especially when he’s always going to have next to no support from Trent and Elliot. Gomez should have started. 

Gomez apparently has a knock.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

VVD has such a nonchalant way of defending at times. Thought he could've gotten far closer to Zaha. 

Fantastic finish and run though. 

Thought this a couple of times before. I think it's just how he runs but when he doesn't make it sometimes it looks like he just hasn't really tried.

Tbh I think we look pretty easy to play against right now. Defend deep & counter, the high line that's served us well is guaranteed to give up a few chances.

We're gonna have to evolve a bit this season because the early signs are that this season's going to be a bit shit.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Thought this a couple of times before. I think it's just how he runs but when he doesn't make it sometimes it looks like he just hasn't really tried.

Champions League final when he was twerking for Valverde instead of closing him down and now today where it looked like he was simply expecting Zaha to miss. 

Just my interpretation. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Champions League final when he was twerking for Valverde instead of closing him down and now today where it looked like he was simply expecting Zaha to miss. 

Just my interpretation. 

You’re being harsh. Zaha was always going to get the shot away before Virj made it to him. He‘s a quick player himself. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

You’re being harsh. Zaha was always going to get the shot away before Virj made it to him. He‘s a quick player himself. 

Not judging by the analysis they’ve just showed on sky, he’s slowed right down instead of closing him down at full speed. He’s gambled he’s going to come back inside and not shoot and got it wrong 

9 minutes ago, Storts said:

Second one was Trent wasn’t it? Admittedly only glanced at it but thought Phillips stepped up correctly and Trent was too deep 

Pretty sure it was Phillips.

But tbh, Van Dijk needs to be taking some ownership here really and putting himself on Zaha in these situations, he's got the pace to at least compete.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Pretty sure it was Phillips.

But tbh, Van Dijk needs to be taking some ownership here really and putting himself on Zaha in these situations, he's got the pace to at least compete.

I’ll take your word for it I only watched it once. Agreed on Van Dijk

Archived