talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

8 hours ago, Devil said:

What an absolute warrior Tyson Fury is, I remember being at one of his early fights at a leisure centre in Huddersfield. Never did I think he'd go on to become the fighter he is today.

He's taken the best that Wilder has been able to give over the trilogy and he still came out on top in all three fights. The result in the first may say draw but everyone knows Fury had that fight won.

Totally dominated last night, yes he went down twice but that further showed how powerful and strong he is to come back and dominate Wilder.

I would not say that Fury totally dominated last night. This was Fury's toughest fight of the trilogy against Wilder. Fury certainly dominated the 2nd fight as he spanked Wilder around the ring. But I'd say Wilder won 3 or 4 rounds of the fight yesterday, with Fury winning about 6 or 7 of the rounds before Wilder was knocked out in the 11th round. 

Wilder started with intent in this fight and he was a threat throughout, despite Fury getting more punches in and being the better boxer. Listen, if we hadn't seen what Fury has been able to recover from in the past, most of us watching that 4th round would have said that's it, Wilder has won it. But Fury recovered from those huge hits as we have seen how he's recovered in the past from huge punches that have floored him(That late knockdown in Fury v Wilder 1, is a case in point). Even though Fury definitely had the upper hand in most of the rounds, Wilder always posed a threat and he landed with some big punches even in the later rounds when he was clearly tiring.

In my opinion it boiled down to the fact that Fury is the better boxer, he is the much fitter man and he has a heart of a lion. However Wilder used his big punches to good affect last night, but even that wasn't good enough, as Fury proved too skilled for him in the end. Fury has it all, he's got the height and weight, he's extremely skilled and he is quick on his feet. He also punches very hard, regardless of what some of his critics might say. Fury is the complete package and it's always a pleasure to watch him fight. 💪

• Upvote 1

On 28/09/2021 at 14:20, It's Coming Home! said:

I wouldnt trust Peter Fury who was part of the Dutch Mafia, exporting Drugs using his boxing links from his Gyms in Rotterdam.

I can't comment too much on his life outside of boxing, in fact I am not surprised if these allegations are indeed true, as the family is known to be quite rough. However Peter Fury does know his boxing and he always seems to give an intelligent and sensible assessment of fights.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

I would not say that Fury totally dominated last night. This was Fury's toughest fight of the trilogy against Wilder. Fury certainly dominated the 2nd fight as he spanked Wilder around the ring. But I'd say Wilder won 3 or 4 rounds of the fight yesterday, with Fury winning about 6 or 7 of the rounds before Wilder was knocked out in the 11th round. 

Wilder started with intent in this fight and he was a threat throughout, despite Fury getting more punches in and being the better boxer. Listen, if we hadn't seen what Fury has been able to recover from in the past, most of us watching that 4th round would have said that's it, Wilder has won it. But Fury recovered from those huge hits as we have seen how he's recovered in the past from huge punches that have floored him(That late knockdown in Fury v Wilder 1, is a case in point). Even though Fury definitely had the upper hand in most of the rounds, Wilder always posed a threat and he landed with some big punches even in the later rounds when he was clearly tiring.

In my opinion it boiled down to the fact that Fury is the better boxer, he is the much fitter man and he has a heart of a lion. However Wilder used his big punches to good affect last night, but even that wasn't good enough, as Fury proved too skilled for him in the end. Fury has it all, he's got the height and weight, he's extremely skilled and he is quick on his feet. He also punches very hard, regardless of what some of his critics might say. Fury is the complete package and it's always a pleasure to watch him fight. 💪

Fury dominated the fight, Wilder shown heart and landed some very telling shots but Fury was all over him.

That's my opinion, I respect others views.

On 10/10/2021 at 18:58, Michael said:

I can't comment too much on his life outside of boxing, in fact I am not surprised if these allegations are indeed true, as the family is known to be quite rough. However Peter Fury does know his boxing and he always seems to give an intelligent and sensible assessment of fights.

It is not allegations he has been convicted of Drug trafficking and was Jailed for 10 years in the 90s.  I have been in one of his Gyms several times as a lot of MMA fighters train there and Kickboxers. 

Edited by It's Coming Home!

https://boxing-social.com/news/shields-joshua-on-the-hunt-for-a-new-trainer/

Anthony Joshua is actively seeking a new trainer and direction in America, having lost his WBA Super, WBO and IBF heavyweight crowns to Oleksandr Usyk last month.

Robert McCracken’s days as Joshua’s coach appear to be numbered with the recently deposed heavyweight title holder currently trying out highly-regarded Texan trainer Ronnie Shields after recent visits to Virgil Hunter and Eddy Reynoso’s gyms in California.

Shields, who trainers twin world champions Jermall and Jermell Charlo, told Tha Boxing Voice that Joshua contacted him about a possible link-up and that their early dealings have proven positive as AJ seeks to rejuvenate his career and add more devil to his game, having just invoked the rematch clause against Usyk.

“They reached out to me and they asked me would I be interested in taking a look at AJ and he would like to come down to Texas and see if things could work out between him and I,” Shields told Tha Boxing Voice.

“I said, ‘Yeah, no problem, I would love to take a look at him, love to see if we can mesh together’. It would be great to get him to reclaim his world titles that he lost to Usyk and I think I’ve got the capabilities to help him to do that.

“In the last two days, everything seemed to go well. The first day was just all talk, we talked for about three or four hours. And, when he came back today, I told him I wanted to do just some light pad work with him just to show him everything we talked about.

“We watched a few rounds of the Usyk fight together and I just pointed out some things that I thought he should’ve done that he didn’t do. We had a great talk yesterday, today was even greater. There’s something I showed him that he said, ‘Man, I was never taught to do this’.

“It surprises me that a guy who was heavyweight champion of the world don’t know certain things. Like he said, ‘European boxing is different from boxing in the United States’. He realised that he had to come to the United States to get something different.

“Obviously, it wasn’t the right game plan [vs Usyk], I told him he didn’t fight like himself. I think he’s a much better fighter than what he showed in that Usyk fight. I watched a few rounds with him, I told him about certain things and he said, ‘Yeah man, that’s what we should’ve done, but we didn’t do it’.

“I don’t know what their game plan was, but obviously it wasn’t the right one and I guess he didn’t feel like it was the right one so this is why he wanted to make a change.”

According to Shields, Joshua plans to employ his physical advantages and bully the Ukrainian in the rematch, having sought to outfox the master boxer first time around. 

“I’mma tell you the first thing he told me when he came here. He told me, ‘Listen, I know people don’t think I’m a dog, I’m just a pure boxer. Look, I’m gonna be a dog in this next fight’. And that’s his words,” said Shields.

“He told me, ‘I’m gonna be a dog in this fight, I just need you to show me how to be the best dog that you can teach me to be’.”

While McCracken seems to be on the way out, coach Angel Fernandez is set to remain in the Joshua set-up, says Shields.

“I spoke to him about some other guy that came with him,” added Shields. “He explained to me that he really wants this guy there, I told him it’s no problem with me. Angel. He told me he wanted Angel to be with him and I told him, ‘Yeah, it’s no problem’.”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, MUFC said:

Looks like AJ has accepted step aside money to allow Fury vs. Usyk to happen.

Says who? 

Fury - Whyte, AJ Usyk with the winners fighting immediately is still the most likely scenario. Dillian Whyte deserves his shot, waited too long ffs.

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, MUFC said:

I'll still watch this but well past it's sell by date. I think Brook should win and always believed he would in their primes. There'll probably be a rematch as there is a clause in there, just to milk every penny they can get. It's all Khan's doing why it's only happening now.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kell Brook looked in much better shape going in and that showed in the fight. Even from the walk to the ring, Amir Khan looked nervous and ready to pass out. Was super rusty in the fight, punch accuracy and defence nowhere to be found. Dominant win for Brook.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Kell Brook looked in much better shape going in and that showed in the fight. Even from the walk to the ring, Amir Khan looked nervous and ready to pass out. Was super rusty in the fight, punch accuracy and defence nowhere to be found. Dominant win for Brook.

Khan may have won a round or maybe 2. But he took too many single clean punches to the face in the early rounds. With his chin, it wss always going to catch up with him. 

The undercard was better than the main event, but to be expected with how far gone these two are. The fight was interesting for about two rounds and only cos it looked like Khan might get KOd early. From then on it was really a case of watching one former world champion put in a decent fight and the other just collect a pay cheque. Entertaining to an extent but once it’s finished it leaves a bit of a bitter taste.

Conor Benn calling out Brook, as was Eubank prior to the fight. Think they should both avoid Brook and fight each other, also think Brook should retire. Don’t fancy his eye sockets against the power of those two.

That was a dominant display by Brook, he badly punished Khan in this fight. Brook won every round before the 6th Round TKO. This was an absolutely one sided fight for Brook, but Khan did well to take all those punches.  Props to the pair of them for making up at the end though and Khan was humble in defeat. Both boxers should probably retire sooner rather than later, because they have taken a lot of punishment in the various fights that they have had over the years.