• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

42% of Republicans in a recent survey have never heard of injecting disinfectant into yourself.

39% conservatives have never heard vs 12% of liberals.

Shows the impact of media bubbles.

I'll bet the Republicans that had heard of it mostly did so in the context of a fake news media putting words in Trump's mouth and misrepresenting what he said.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'll bet the Republicans that had heard of it mostly did so in the context of a fake news media putting words in Trump's mouth and misrepresenting what he said.

42% hadn't heard. 1% thought it was highly effective. 6% thought it might be. 2% said won't work but won't be dangerous. Those 3 together = 9%, the Democrat equivalent was 6%. 43% of Republicans said Dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed trump choose to draw a comparison to the government response to swine flu. But I think seeing the Biden attack ads seriously triggers him and he just lashes out with whatever he can muster.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I'm amazed trump choose to draw a comparison to the government response to swine flu. But I think seeing the Biden attack ads seriously triggers him and he just lashes out with whatever he can muster.

He went crazy on Sunday because a phone conversation where Obama criticised the US government inaction over the pandemic (still no real national response to slow the spread btw). Started accusing Obama of crimes that he wouldn’t describe.

He needs to spend less time tweeting and more time doing his job.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That was funny tbf 

Really? I thought it made him look like a coward. Rather than face tough questions (you know, like the leader of a country with a free press), he just rage quit and left like a kid that's shit at CoD.

I thought that press conference yesterday was shambolic. From the weird dystopian banners he had behind him (AMERICA IS FIRST IN TESTING - which is true if you add "POSITIVE FOR COVID-19" after it), to his bullshitting before taking questions, to his continued war on the free press. He couldn't even give an answer to what crime he's accusing Obama of with all of this #Obamagate bullshit, he's just annoyed that Obama accurately stated that the handling of this pandemic has been a disaster.

I don't think Trump's been funny for a while, except for when he recently said we should look into whether we can inject bleach.

It literally worries me that he'll have Barr go after Obama.

The irony though is Barr and trump seems to view the president as totally above the law. So how can they not say the same of Obama?

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Really? I thought it made him look like a coward. Rather than face tough questions (you know, like the leader of a country with a free press), he just rage quit and left like a kid that's shit at CoD.

I thought that press conference yesterday was shambolic. From the weird dystopian banners he had behind him (AMERICA IS FIRST IN TESTING - which is true if you add "POSITIVE FOR COVID-19" after it), to his bullshitting before taking questions, to his continued war on the free press. He couldn't even give an answer to what crime he's accusing Obama of with all of this #Obamagate bullshit, he's just annoyed that Obama accurately stated that the handling of this pandemic has been a disaster.

I don't think Trump's been funny for a while, except for when he recently said we should look into whether we can inject bleach.

Oh yes. Her taking off her mask in some big dramatic fashion to reveal she was Chinese was hilarious. Why did you specifically ask me that?

Felt I was watching a drama series.  All that was missing was a collective group of gasps as soon as she took off the mask. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He went crazy on Sunday 

He needs to spend less time tweeting and more time doing his job.

It seems you're right. He's only accusing a prominent US tv network anchor of murder here... 

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Oh yes. Her taking off her mask in some big dramatic fashion to reveal she was Chinese was hilarious. Why did you specifically ask me that?

Felt I was watching a drama series.  All that was missing was a collective group of gasps as soon as she took off the mask. 

It wasn't like that though. As far as I understand it she is the White House correspondent for one of the major media outlets in the USA and Trump has taken issue with her before. He and the majority of people there would already have known who she was and her name is Weijia Jiang so I imagine most people watching would have been aware that she was Chinese if they read her name out at all, although it seems like he probably just points at them and says "you".

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It wasn't like that though. As far as I understand it she is the White House correspondent for one of the major media outlets in the USA and Trump has taken issue with her before. He and the majority of people there would already have known who she was and her name is Weijia Jiang so I imagine most people watching would have been aware that she was Chinese if they read her name out at all, although it seems like he probably just points at them and says "you".

That would be true if he hadn’t been nonsensically  saying “Ask China” for months. It was a poor attempt of backwards racism and she put on a show. 

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

That would be true if he hadn’t been nonsensically  saying “Ask China” for months. It was a poor attempt of backwards racism and she put on a show. 

Who knows.

It goes without saying everyone there knew she was Chinese including trump so hard to see the mask removal as an intended surprise moment. Trump knows and likely hates Weijia Jiang. 

Jiang had no idea trump was going to deflect and advise her talk to China so she was reacting on the spot in the spur of the moment.

Her choice was to follow up on his lack of an answer to her original question or address her perceived slight. She chose the latter.

If she sees a pattern in Trump's answers to her and this fits that then she's entitled to question that, and a president should be able to answer that as a line of enquiry, as he should have been able to capably answer her original question without ridiculousness. 

In any case the bigger story from that was his walk out, his continued struggle specifically with questions from the female journalists, the bizarity of the backdrops and the Twitter meltdowns that preceded it.

I don't care for the cotton wooling in some sensitive minority groups nor the SJWish approach taken about it in the media but also worth remembering the media are also consistently factual and much more good than harm. 

• Subscriber

He might not have intended to draw attention towards his ethnicity but the way he stands there and says Ask China with that insufferable little inflection as if he's just told the punchline of a great joke tells you all you need to know.

The man isn't mentally or morally fit for office. You dont always have to try and see the other side of things for the sake of balance and not being branded a SJW. Let's not lose sight of how small of an issue one woman arguably attention seeking compared to Trump's handling of the free media long before and during this crisis.

50 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He might not have intended to draw attention towards his ethnicity but the way he stands there and says Ask China with that insufferable little inflection as if he's just told the punchline of a great joke tells you all you need to know.

The man isn't mentally or morally fit for office. You dont always have to try and see the other side of things for the sake of balance and not being branded a SJW. Let's not lose sight of how small of an issue one woman arguably attention seeking compared to Trump's handling of the free media long before and during this crisis.

She made the accusation that the United States have done a terrible job in handling the virus and not controlling the spread compared to other countries. Trump then responded that the United states is testing more than any other country on a raw basis. She then counters and asks "why is this a global competition for you?"

Erm, what? xD 

Instead of asking relevant questions such as the nature of the testing, success rates, herd immunity levels,  etc, she was asking continuous political baiting questions.  To then see her dramatic reverse racism attempt and Trump widely mishandle the situation was the cherry on top.

For someone who works in health care like myself, that was an amusing watch given these reporters don't ask the questions we want to actually know the answers for. These press conferences become more of a waste of time by the day. 

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Cicero said:

She made the accusation that the United States have done a terrible job in handling the virus and not controlling the spread compared to other countries. Trump then responded that the United states is testing more than any other country on a raw basis. She then counters and asks "why is this a global competition for you?"

Erm, what? xD 

Instead of asking relevant questions such as the nature of the testing, success rates, herd immunity levels,  etc, she was asking continuous political baiting questions.  To then see her dramatic reverse racism attempt and Trump widely mishandle the situation was the cherry on top.

For someone who works in health care like myself, that was an amusing watch given these reporters don't ask the questions we want to actually know the answers for. These press conferences become more of a waste of time by the day. 

I don't think I can disagree with that. I've just talked about the government where I live on the Isle of Man in the other thread but again, the difference is stark. We don't have party politics over here and so there's no footballification of politics and government. Over here, the media ask questions and report on them factually. A lot of the UK and US media actually does the same and are underrated for doing so, but because there are elements of the media in both countries that are clearly biased, supporters of "the other side" scream blue murder when the actual NEWS outlets reports something that they don't like, making it impossible to differentiate between what's biased opinion and what's just factual unless you have an intimate knowledge of it yourself, in which case you don't actually need the news to tell you about it. Sadly in both countries, politicians have cottoned onto this more than ever and created this "culture war" that seems to have bled into almost every aspect of life now.

Party politics is required in bigger countries like those, but I'm glad I live in a place small enough to be governed by independent politicians.

On 13/05/2020 at 06:55, Cicero said:

These press conferences become more of a waste of time by the day. 

They’ve been a waste of time since day 1 tbh other than the parts with Fauci. Everyone else speaking about the virus doesn’t really belong up there, including Deborah Birx who just sat and smiled while he asked his bleach question.

These ones without Fauci are just extra pointless.

Nice use of signs that are misleading as fuck though in that one a few days ago.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I never truly grasped the extent to which his Obama inferiority complex was such a severe issue for him mentally. 

Why would Lindsay Graham all Obama to testify about that kangaroo court the senate held for Trump's impeachment trial? Character witness to testify to the lack of ethics that Mitch McConnell and other senate republicans have?

I think this was the moment that made Trump want to actually win the presidency rather than use an election bid as a boost to his profile for his hotels.

The current moment in history is about as consequential as it gets. A virus with the potential to kill 1% of Americans (2.5M), and a potential economic depression, and trump is almost completely consumed by perceived wrong's done to him years ago by Obama. 

Tens of millions unemployed and he's seeing himself as the victim.

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived