talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Round 12 Fixtures - 18-20th October, 2022

football forum

Chelsea chances that have been successfully defended are being portrayed as examples of our defensive weakness? They could at least try and hide the bias.

Broja has had one chance and he’s being spoken about as if he’s run the game

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think Brentford should be ahead. 

Watching Goals show in Amazon, seen a handful of Brentford chances, not many from Chelsea. 

Yet somehow that came across as a Broja master class xD

2 points dropped definitely but with the quality they had on the bench I’m happy we didn’t give away 3 points 

I'll take a point. Pushed hard at the end but little too late. Not sure what Potter's doing with his continuing faith in Havertz, who at this rate is just a tragic footballer.  Broja looks still very raw but he has a lot of good qualities. Midfield good at retaining the ball but ask them to find a pass in the final third and they will deliver fuck all. Nothing new there. 

United Saturday. God help Potter if Havertz is in the starting XI. 

• Subscriber

1-0 doesn't look too bad but sounds like we offered next to nothing again. Big run of games coming up as we've definitely regressed to the mean now with these three consecutive defeats while teams around us have picked up a few points.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

1-0 doesn't look too bad but sounds like we offered next to nothing again. Big run of games coming up as we've definitely regressed to the mean now with these three consecutive defeats while teams around us have picked up a few points.

1 shot all game,  it was a scrappy affair and I think you dragged us into playing your type of game in the second half.   Gordon was lucky to be on the pitch and Tarkowski had a shocker.

I think we deserved the win even if the game was never allowed to flow and maybe that is some credit to Everton not allowing us to play. 

This is what you get when you have to score by cheating Spurs. True form coming out now. Last week we scored by a dived penalty and a deflection............payback. Now, get a grip Conte. Kane and Son are hardly firing yet you started them up front together.............pillock.

not sure i get spurs new shape,  they buy wing backs then play a 3-5-2,  when the 3-4-3 worked so well for them last year.    This is back to back games against good teams on the road that Conte may as well call himself Steve Bruce,  just parking the bus and expecting to get anything. 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

And that's why Xg is fucked. Because it doesn't account for Danny fucking Welbeck being the guy on the end of that 0.8 xg chance that he's only gonna bury 1 in 5 times. 

In that instance, I'm taking that from a Brighton point of view to get better attacking players, which is obvious to me as well but they seem to dig their heels on it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived