talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

On 10/08/2023 at 18:22, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think @Batard a long time ago got me set up with some sort of mods that improved the general stability of the game so it wouldn't crash that much - that's really the only mod I used. I can't remember what they are and I don't have the game installed on my computer anymore so I can't really help you out in that regard.

Yeah, I love the retro music of the Fallout games for some reason. It doesn't really make sense given the alternate history and the year of the "Great War" being well beyond the era of some of these music... but it does fit in with that alternate-history 50s Americana vibe the games are throwing at you really well. They do a great job building the worlds to create a very interesting theme.

Enjoy the game, I wish I could experience playing through New Vegas for the first time again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fDLErHUdmg&list=RDLVSXUuSrqblG4&start_radio=1&rv=SXUuSrqblG4

New Vegas is a very good game,  I think the story creation is good that caries the rather limited game engine.    I love playing the Dead Money DLC,  that one just hits so well.  Old world blues was the only DLC I found boring in context of New Vegas,  however it will easily work in Fallout 4 as Far Harbor is the only thing that saved Fallout 4 from utterly dying. 

• Subscriber

I'm about 15 hours into FNW and I absolutely love it already. The story is fantastic, and there's so much to do and explore. This is my first time playing Fallout in general, and I already have Fallout 3 and 4 lined up once I'm finished with FNW...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Panflute said:

I've been playing Ion Fury, a relatively new game made in an updated version of the Build engine (the one that also powered Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior and Blood). The combat is super addictive. Here's an example of a fight I did earlier today:

I like the old FPS look in fairness. Didn't realise until I had a quick read up of it that it's a prequel to Bombshell, which I remember hearing was one of the worst games of the year.

For me, I've wiped the dust off and charged my trusty DS to give Advance Wars Dark Conflict/Days of Ruin a run out. After playing the Advance Wars Reboot on Switch, it reminded me that I never finished the campaign on Dark Conflict, so time to correct that.

10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I like the old FPS look in fairness. Didn't realise until I had a quick read up of it that it's a prequel to Bombshell, which I remember hearing was one of the worst games of the year.

Yeah, in name only I think. Bombshell was made by a different developer on a different engine in a differente genre.

The only gripe I have with Ion Fury is that finer details can be hard to see in this engine, so this sometimes makes it difficult to spot enemies or important details that will let you progress the game. Other than that it's a great game so far, based off the first zone I completed.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Borderlands 3, it's pretty well polished now, lots of exploits patched and OP guns nerfed while trash guns were balanced better to make progression feel better.

gearbox have shown why sticking to  a game for a longer time can turn a buggy flusttercluck into a shiny new meat bicycle.

The problem with that is you get one chance to make a first impression after building up hype for a follow up to a popular game. I loved Borderlands 2 and I probably should revisit Borderlands 3 at some point to give the game a fair shake. And tbh, I didn't think it was that bad at launch - it just didn't have anywhere near as much polish as Borderlands 2. And the bugs did hurt the impression it made on gamers when it launched.

It's harder for people to return to a game they felt turned off by, so I always think it's better for developers to release something that's pretty solid at launch and if there are any serious bugs they've got to be addressed within weeks.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The problem with that is you get one chance to make a first impression after building up hype for a follow up to a popular game. I loved Borderlands 2 and I probably should revisit Borderlands 3 at some point to give the game a fair shake. And tbh, I didn't think it was that bad at launch - it just didn't have anywhere near as much polish as Borderlands 2. And the bugs did hurt the impression it made on gamers when it launched.

It's harder for people to return to a game they felt turned off by, so I always think it's better for developers to release something that's pretty solid at launch and if there are any serious bugs they've got to be addressed within weeks.

to be fair it took a few years for BL2 as well, it had some major early issues but gearbox tend to listen to their customers while Bethesda don't care as long as you pay.

I haven't bought a early release since battlefield 4 which also started buggy then dominated online shooters for 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I reinstalled Rust, it's a bit better that the sweaty toxic cesspool it was before

Wasn't there controversy around Rust, or am I thinking of a different survival game?

For me, still trying to plod through the Advance Wars Dark Conflict campaign. Forgot how tricky it can be, especially as there's no major strengths or weaknesses with the CO's until you put them in a unit.

22 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Wasn't there controversy around Rust, or am I thinking of a different survival game?

For me, still trying to plod through the Advance Wars Dark Conflict campaign. Forgot how tricky it can be, especially as there's no major strengths or weaknesses with the CO's until you put them in a unit.

Nah Rust is one of the most played games ever.   Even today it has hundreds of 100-300 pop servers.

The problem is,  if you don't start as soon as a wipe happens you get left behind and you get griefed by clans deep into their cycle

• Subscriber

Got into "Lies of P" today and have to say it's a fun game if you like souls-like games. The attack system is a shade clunky, but I do like how it all works overall. Is it better than Sekiro or NiOh or the latest Wo Long? Not really. But it's still a fun play.

The Ion Fury: Aftershock DLC came out just as I was wrapping up the main game. Still extremely good level design and gunplay on a game engine that was antiquated by the time it had come out.

I wasn't surprised to learn that the Ion Fury team is comprised of several people from the modding community, as you can really tell that they're just showing off what they can do with the Build engine. It might not look impressive if you're not familiar with the old games that ran on this engine, but some of the set pieces are nothing short of Build magic.

10 hours ago, Panflute said:

The Ion Fury: Aftershock DLC came out just as I was wrapping up the main game. Still extremely good level design and gunplay on a game engine that was antiquated by the time it had come out.

I wasn't surprised to learn that the Ion Fury team is comprised of several people from the modding community, as you can really tell that they're just showing off what they can do with the Build engine. It might not look impressive if you're not familiar with the old games that ran on this engine, but some of the set pieces are nothing short of Build magic.

On that, this video explains the technical side of it pretty well:

• Subscriber

Finished off The Last of US ps5 redo. Same amazing story I remember all too well. The AI was signifcantly better though, game felt smoother as well. Awesome to go through it again.

With that concluded I picked up Jedi Survivor. Only about an hour in so far but so far so good. I've got the feeling im going to have a great time being a jedi.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Finished off The Last of US ps5 redo. Same amazing story I remember all too well. The AI was signifcantly better though, game felt smoother as well. Awesome to go through it again.

With that concluded I picked up Jedi Survivor. Only about an hour in so far but so far so good. I've got the feeling im going to have a great time being a jedi.

I'm about 5 hours in Jedi Survivor, it's fun. Did you play the previous one?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I havent. I just kinda picked this one up on a whim a few weeks ago when it was on sale on amazon. 

The previous one is definitely worth it for the story alone, give it a go if you find it on sale too!

• Like 1