talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Sorry but it's absolutely ludicrous as to why Tottenham didn't get a striker in the past month.

They already had the knowledge Kane was out for possibly the rest of the season and had the time to resolve that.

They obviously tried to find a striker going off transfer rumours, but didn't get anything over the line and in the end, assumed they could get by with Lucas and Son, but neither are actual forwards.

Would have thought Jose would have wanted a striker desperately but can only assume his hands would have been tied.

A striker surely had to have been the target, at whatever cost, and now they will pay the price heavily.

You can't tell me there isn't someone out there they could have got. It's ridiculous. Such a shame really when they had started to turn the corner.

I actually disagree with you slightly. The ludicrous thing wasn’t not getting a striker in January, price inflated, nobody decent available. Nobody we wanted long term. The problem is not addressing it in the summer or the one before. It’s a failure of forward planning and this is absolutely a problem of our own making but the chairman and board 

Although to have two key players breaking their arm in single season is really bad luck 

Edited by Storts

6 hours ago, Storts said:

Season over now.

We have zero goal threat. Our only consistent scorers now done for the year 

Big blow no doubt about it but Mourinho did make me laugh when he said " I was worried about not having any attacking options on the bench and now I don't even have any attacking options on the pitch" 

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Big blow no doubt about it but Mourinho did make me laugh when he said " I was worried about not having any attacking options on the bench and now I don't even have any attacking options on the pitch" 

Mourinhos press conferences are great to be fair, he’s very amusing 

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2020 at 09:38, True Blue said:

Would be amusing but it won't happen until the summer i think.

Read yesterday that after April 6th clubs have to pay 13.8% national insurance on termination payments over 30k...interesting to see if this will effect decision making 

On 05/03/2020 at 01:38, True Blue said:

Would be amusing but it won't happen until the summer i think.

I don't understand why they'd hire Mourinho after a pretty disastrous start to the season, then sack him after he's taken this squad that has looked lost since day one of the season... while he's also dealing with an injury crisis.

That would just be an expensive way to waste money and for Spurs to show they can go through two good managers in the period of 1 season if their squad doesn't seem ready or up for the fight of a long difficult season. Don't see the point in that - especially if they're not going to give him time to really transform the squad a bit.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't understand why they'd hire Mourinho after a pretty disastrous start to the season, then sack him after he's taken this squad that has looked lost since day one of the season... while he's also dealing with an injury crisis.

That would just be an expensive way to waste money and for Spurs to show they can go through two good managers in the period of 1 season if their squad doesn't seem ready or up for the fight of a long difficult season. Don't see the point in that - especially if they're not going to give him time to really transform the squad a bit.

Probably wanted a big name and he was available to cover the fact they fucked up with Poch.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.0b44a9ec7fe6e4db3fad14a9d01c7cab.png

Jan Vertonghen: Family of Spurs defender held at knifepoint during a burglary

Jan Vertonghen's family was held at knifepoint as four armed men burgled his home while he was on Champions League duty with Tottenham on Tuesday.

Police confirmed men wearing balaclavas forced their way into the house while his wife and children were inside.

The 32-year-old Belgium defender was in Germany for the second leg of Spurs' last-16 defeat against RB Leipzig.

"We have been supporting Jan and his family through this terribly traumatic time," said a Spurs spokesperson.

"We encourage anyone who has any information to come forward to help the police with their investigation."

A Met Police spokesman said: "Police were called to a residential address in NW3 at 7.49 pm on 10 March to a report of a burglary.

"Officers attended. It was reported four men wearing balaclavas, armed with knives, had forced entry to the property and stolen a number of items before leaving.

"Nobody was injured. The suspects had left the scene before officers arrived. There have been no arrests and inquiries continue."

Vertonghen is the latest footballer to be targeted by criminals.

In December burglars broke into the London home of Crystal Palace defender, Mamadou Sakho, reportedly stealing valuables worth more than £500,000.

Arsenal footballers Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac were attacked by carjackers in July 2019, while Liverpool forward Sadio Mane had his house burgled while he was playing in a Champions League last-16 tie against Bayern Munich in February 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51895453

Just now, Danny said:

Win win this for you lot, if the season is ended you don’t have to put up with anymore of this football and if it’s not then you’ve got added recovery time for the likes of Son and Kane

What if they get it up and running in a months time again, with no training in groups going on everyone will be as rusty as fuck... 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

All non-playing staff to take a 20% wage reduction...imagine if there was a millionaire or two at Spurs who could help these people out...

Didn't the Barcelona players all just agree to take a 70% wage cut to ensure that all non playing staff could still take home 100% of their pay?? 

21 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't the Barcelona players all just agree to take a 70% wage cut to ensure that all non playing staff could still take home 100% of their pay?? 

Barce players did recently yeah

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

So you’re telling me the players aren’t? Jesus Christ.

Non-playing directors and staff. So much for the community aspect of the club...though it would be unfair to pin it as a Spurs specific issue and more of a wider greed in football

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Barce players did recently yeah

Non-playing directors and staff. So much for the community aspect of the club...though it would be unfair to pin it as a Spurs specific issue and more of a wider greed in football

Can't see how clubs could go any other way than to cut players wages, with nothing coming in from matchdays including merchandise, sales and then tv rights etc it will be unsustainable to keep paying out huge wages for players over the next 3 months or so for doing nothing until hopefully things can return to normal if that's at all possible.. Bayern and Dortmund have done the same thing as Barcelona I believe as well.. 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Can't see how clubs could go any other way than to cut players wages, with nothing coming in from matchdays including merchandise, sales and then tv rights etc it will be unsustainable to keep paying out huge wages for players over the next 3 months or so for doing nothing until hopefully things can return to normal if that's at all possible.. Bayern and Dortmund have done the same thing as Barcelona I believe as well.. 

Obviously there needs to be a grace period to see how the Tottenham players react, whether they were aware etc but this isn’t a good look so far

• 1 month later...