talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

Real Madrid will plot a 100 mill bid for Eriksen in the summer according to "sources". In my opinion Spurs best player and he is crucial for their fine form and their system in general. At 26 he is yet to hit his prime and Madrid really need a player of his caliber. Would be a massive blow for the club and their progress, but as with any player when Real comes knocking not many say no.

• Subscriber

It's all on Hazard for me. Can't see Madrid signing both, so I hope they get Eden, then Eriksen will sign a new deal. He wants to stay, unless Madrid want him basically, weird situation, we've offered him 200k+ a week to stay, which he is happy with and happy at the club, but Madrid is his dream and so if they come in this summer he will go imo.

I can't blame him either, given us great service. I'm not sure he's consistent enough for Madrid personally but we'll see. He's a class act though and really hard for us to replace.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

It's all on Hazard for me. Can't see Madrid signing both, so I hope they get Eden, then Eriksen will sign a new deal. He wants to stay, unless Madrid want him basically, weird situation, we've offered him 200k+ a week to stay, which he is happy with and happy at the club, but Madrid is his dream and so if they come in this summer he will go imo.

I can't blame him either, given us great service. I'm not sure he's consistent enough for Madrid personally but we'll see. He's a class act though and really hard for us to replace.

Real Madrid are an absolute shambles currently, I realise they are the biggest club in the world but unless they get a big name coach in I'm not sure players will be scrambling to sign for them.

• Subscriber

Son Heung-min: Tottenham investigate racism claim against South Korea winger

BBC Sport

Tottenham are investigating an allegation of racism against winger Son Heung-min by one of their own supporters during Sunday's 1-0 loss to Manchester United at Wembley.

It is understood the club has spoken to the supporter who made the allegation on social media during the Premier League match.

Spurs will work with the fan and stadium safety officials to try to identify the person alleged to have abused the 26-year-old South Korea international.

Last month a Tottenham fan who threw a banana skin during the north London derby at Arsenal was banned from football for four years and fined.

A 23-year-old man is under police investigation after being arrested on suspicion of using anti-Semitic language before Tottenham's 1-0 win over Chelsea in the Carabao Cup semi-final first leg on 8 January.

He was one of three people arrested at Wembley on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46869081

• Subscriber

Screenshot_20190114-215746_FotMob.thumb.jpg.86234e0effed442b4e9e8f07d93d2497.jpg

Screenshot_20190114-215752_FotMob.thumb.jpg.a087db1d27bd78024daa70ff1cfc78e3.jpg

Pretty obvious but effective demonstration of where Spurs are losing out to City and Liverpool. Top of the league on away form but outside the top six altogether based on home form. Standings are skewed by games in hand of course, but not by that much.

• Subscriber

Yeah home form is a concern.

We are in all sorts of trouble now though. We’ve had loads of injuries all season but now it’s catching up with us.

Kane out for at least a month, Sonny off too, Sissoko injured, no CM options, Moura injured, full backs absolute crap. It’s a miracle we are where we are but watch us slip back into the back and get knocked out of a few competitions this month. 

Great odds on us to lose to Chelsea palace and Dortmund but well worth a punt 

• Subscriber

Harry Kane: Tottenham striker out until March with an ankle injury

Tottenham striker Harry Kane will be out until March after injuring ankle ligaments in Sunday's 1-0 Premier League defeat by Manchester United.

Spurs say the England captain, 25, will return to training in early March.

Kane, Tottenham's top scorer this season with 20 goals, is likely to miss both legs of the Champions League last-16 tie with Borussia Dortmund.

He will also be unavailable for the second leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final against Chelsea on 24 January.

Spurs, who are third in the Premier League - nine points behind leaders Liverpool - are likely to be without Kane for the games against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Tottenham forward Son Heung-min is currently on international duty with South Korea at the Asia Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

Son, who has scored 12 goals, could be unavailable until February depending on how far South Korea progress. The final is on 1 February.

France midfielder Moussa Sissoko was substituted with what appeared to be a hamstring injury against United at Wembley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46884787

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Yeah home form is a concern.

We are in all sorts of trouble now though. We’ve had loads of injuries all season but now it’s catching up with us.

Kane out for at least a month, Sonny off too, Sissoko injured, no CM options, Moura injured, full backs absolute crap. It’s a miracle we are where we are but watch us slip back into the back and get knocked out of a few competitions this month. 

Great odds on us to lose to Chelsea palace and Dortmund but well worth a punt 

I'm not surprised. You don't really have a home right now and imo Wembley is motivating the better sides to treat it like a cup final or some shite like that... because we've seen big performances against Spurs at Wembley this season from the better sides in the league.

This hasn't been a good month for you or us in terms of injuries this January, but particularly you. When's Son meant to be back? Kane out until March is a big loss.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Storts usually laughs when an Arsenal player gets a big injury so maybe I should do the same regarding this mouth breather...? Nah, I just hope Llorente doesn't suddenly become a good player. 

That's not true, only Wilshere because he's a scumbag. 

Doubt Llorente will play much 

No sympathy to be brutally honest. They have pushed their luck relying on Kane for so long that you felt this would happen at some point.

Unfortunate that they lose Son at the exact same time, course it is, and in one of the busiest periods of the season when still in four competitions, but they knew he'd be absent at some point.

It's a squad game and this is the main reason no one believed in a Spurs title challenge. Not enough squad depth.

If Llorente isn't considered good enough to cover this period, you have to question why he's there in the first place and a more adequate player isn't. 

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

Mousa Dembele: Tottenham agree on an £11m deal with Guangzhou R&F

Tottenham have sold midfielder Mousa Dembele to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou R&F for £11m.

Dembele, 31, was due to be out of contract in the summer but will seal a move after international clearance.

He had flown to China to join Beijing Guoan but complications with the deal saw Guangzhou move for the Belgium international.

"I go with an unbelievable feeling and a certain love for the club," said Dembele. "It has been very special."

"Sometimes you separate in a bad way but I don't feel it in a bad way. Everyone has been positive with me and has wished me luck and happiness. "The club always treated me fairly.

"It has been an unbelievable experience for me and I will always remember it."

A large pay rise and playing in a less physical league are believed to be behind Dembele's decision to leave, while Tottenham are trying to trim the squad.

Dembele joined Tottenham for £15m from Fulham in 2012 and made 250 appearances but has only played 13 times this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46902590

• Subscriber

Dele out until March now too. Our season well and truly over. 

Our chairman still won’t spend any money. Absolute shambles. 

Still, can’t wait to be told we’ve bottled it when our u13s lose over the next few weeks 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Storts said:

Dele out until March now too. Our season well and truly over. 

Our chairman still won’t spend any money. Absolute shambles. 

Still, can’t wait to be told we’ve bottled it when our u13s lose over the next few weeks 

As if you're gonna lose to us xD. You could actually put your U13s out and we'd still make a mess of it.

Will be very interesting to see what happens in the next month or so from a Pochettino point of view.

Given what he's had to endure this season with the stadium palava and not being able to strengthen the team (I'm certain he would have if he had the choice), seeing a promising season evaporate might just be enough to make him call it a day. There's only so many times you can put up with near misses, especially when you think they are competitive in all four competitions, 90 minutes away from a Wembley final, firmly in the Champions League slots etc.

Got to have something to show for this season you'd think. I'd be nervous for sure with United and Real on the scout for potential new managers in the summer.

• Like 1