• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australians Only Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Australia is nasty.... 

Live worm found in Australian woman's brain in world first - BBC News

I do find it odd that they were shocked at the idea a worm was controlling the brain of an Australian... thought that was common knowledge

da9e428d-7f11-4c92-99b3-f32f3e634387.thumb.png.14fa48e70d728c24372c7112d7225b93.png

Fucking hell, @Spike, ' @Devil-Dick Willie, @Harry thoughts, please.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Trapdoor spider terrorised Australia’s forests 15 million years ago

download.thumb.png.97e43b50fadf46115bc9c0d806580479.png

Megamonodontium mccluskyi. Credit: Michael Frese.

For the first time, fossilised remains of a brush-footed trapdoor spider have been found. The hairy monstrosity which lived 11–16 million years ago in Australia is five times larger than its modern relatives.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Aust nanosatellite off to launch pad

download.thumb.png.086af49323f8c2e7a205ff674bcfd7b5.png

The Australian-made SpIRIT nanosatellite is ready for launch.

It has begun the final stage of its preparations after passing compliance testing to verify its ability to survive extreme conditions – such as being riding a rocket booster into space, the extremes of hot-and-cold in orbit, and solar radiation.......

9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Don't worry bro, there are 'intangible upsides' to the liberal party bro, they advance a culture that rewards effort and hard work or some bullshit. 

also black fellas won’t steal your backyard and labor won’t steal your weekend, our two favourite things, even though most don’t have a yard and work weekends

I was looking at facebook and it made me sick seeing people celebrating the no vote as if it will improve their lives, I’m stunned 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

also black fellas won’t steal your backyard and labor won’t steal your weekend, our two favourite things, even though most don’t have a yard and work weekends

I was looking at facebook and it made me sick seeing people celebrating the no vote as if it will improve their lives, I’m stunned 

People didn't know what they were voting for. The liberals ran the perfect two pronged attack. 
1. Muddy the waters with lies about the potential powers and roles the voice will take, then use those lies to fuel a narrative about racial division and how it's placing Aboriginals above white Australians. 
2. Run the campaign on 'if you don't know vote no' as a platform, with people confused due to the misinformation being spread. 

10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

People didn't know what they were voting for. The liberals ran the perfect two pronged attack. 
1. Muddy the waters with lies about the potential powers and roles the voice will take, then use those lies to fuel a narrative about racial division and how it's placing Aboriginals above white Australians. 
2. Run the campaign on 'if you don't know vote no' as a platform, with people confused due to the misinformation being spread. 

Yeah I witnessed first hand some bullshit online and I did my best laying smackdown on the Soggy Baguettes of Boganville, but of course they know better. I would encounter faux-bleeding heart smugness ‘well first nation people aren’t voting for it so I won’t either, I’m not a racist that thinks he knows better than them, and I won’t racially divide this country’, despite the fact nah you just are racist and two they aren’t voting because they want sovereignty and you bloody well don’t support that mr. dumb-smartarse.

what is colonialism, cultural genocide, and stolen generation. Just because you didn’t do it, just because you aren’t responsible doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do anything to help. It doesn’t even compute at the end of the because yes or no, it isn’t going to affect you mr. Jaxxon Pelly-Smithson from Parramatta, but a yes may help some people that have it real bad. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Yeah I witnessed first hand some bullshit online and I did my best laying smackdown on the Soggy Baguettes of Boganville, but of course they know better. I would encounter faux-bleeding heart smugness ‘well first nation people aren’t voting for it so I won’t either, I’m not a racist that thinks he knows better than them, and I won’t racially divide this country’, despite the fact nah you just are racist and two they aren’t voting because they want sovereignty and you bloody well don’t support that mr. dumb-smartarse.

what is colonialism, cultural genocide, and stolen generation. Just because you didn’t do it, just because you aren’t responsible doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do anything to help. It doesn’t even compute at the end of the because yes or no, it isn’t going to affect you mr. Jaxxon Pelly-Smithson from Parramatta, but a yes may help some people that have it real bad. 

Election results from areas with greater than 50% indigenous peoples indicate that about 80% of Aboriginals voted yes. This was a lie being pedaled by Jacinta Price, an apt last name for someone who sold out her people for 500k and a job in the shadow cabinet. 

26 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Election results from areas with greater than 50% indigenous peoples indicate that about 80% of Aboriginals voted yes. This was a lie being pedaled by Jacinta Price, an apt last name for someone who sold out her people for 500k and a job in the shadow cabinet. 

She also had the audacity to request a seat on The Voice if it passed.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Australia aims to catch US standards by 2028]

The automotive industry and advocacy groups have welcomed the Australian Government’s release of an impact paper on new fuel efficiency standards.

Such standards would bring Australia into line with other developed economies that regulate the quality of fuel consumption and emissions produced by new vehicles. Australia and Russia are currently the only advanced economies without such standards, allowing the world’s automakers to effectively dump inefficient vehicles into these markets.

In a statement, federal climate change and energy minister Chris Bowen said efficiency standards – which are set to be introduced from 1 January 2025 – would save households $1000 on annual fuel spend.

• Subscriber

'Dinosaur Trees' Thought Extinct for 2 Million Years Found in Australia: 'Botanical Find of the Century'

image.thumb.png.cc1f30198457f594e2fb2ee56c1d5737.png

One of the oldest and rarest tree species is making a gradual resurgence across top-secret locations in Australia after it was thought to have been wiped from the planet 2 million years ago.

Scientists are calling the rediscovery of the ancient trees "the botanical find of the century," Knewz.com has learned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Australia’s famous telescope to play vital role in historic Moon mission

download.thumb.png.72c29340ee0e16c8e5f943ec20ecd353.png

Texas aerospace company Intuitive Machines has made history this morning, landing its ‘Odysseus’ Nova-C spacecraft on the surface of the Moon. 

It marks the first time in 52 years that a US-flagged lander has set down on the lunar surface and the first time that a private company – not a national space agency – has done so.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Australian fault detector making waves overseas

image.thumb.png.c613722e45175d26a4984be75c01df0c.png

An Australian invention that alerts utility providers of possible infrastructure faults is finding a home in electricity transmission systems around the world but is yet to capture the interest at its point of origin.

The Early Fault Detection (EFD) system developed by Alan Wong from RMIT University via his startup IND-Technology has seen rapid growth in the past year: 2,500 units installed across 12,500 km of power lines across the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Planet-eating suns spotted by Aussie scientists

1070955487_download(1).thumb.png.4f25c39b2590cd5d810ee1e717aeddbf.png

Twin stars should be identical, but sometimes one is hungrier than its sibling.

An international research team led by the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for All Sky Astrophysics in 3 Dimensions (or ‘ASTRO 3D’) – a collaboration between three Australian universities – has found that in 8% of stellar twins that one of the pair eats through nearby planets.......