• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup FINAL - Argentina (p) 3-3 France - Sunday 18th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Would you seriously rather see man utd win the league cup than England win the world cup? I can understand the league or champions league but the league cup or fa cup seems a bit odd to me. Each to their own though.

Yes. Absolutely. 100% not even a contest.

8 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Alot of English football fans are such narrow minded simpletons(well ones like him). It's crazy considering how the sport was apparently "invented" here. Americans are more knowledgeable.

Saying that football fans are largely morons in general. I cringe at this sport nowadays personally. Just look at social media, etc. Such a cringe of a sport. 

So if we're going to start throwing out insults, what is your issue with what I have said?

You can argue that Messi is the greatest player ever, certainly. What I take issue with is:

A) The complete lack of balance to something incredibly subjective.

B) The concept that if you don't just bow down to him as the greatest God the game has ever seen, you're an idiot.

So many things go into it. If George Best had been Brazilian, it might have been him. Had Duncan Edwards not died, it might have been him. Had Maradona not been coked off his tits most of his career, he could have scarily been even better than he was. If Brazilian Ronaldo hadn't been decimated by injury, maybe him. Add your own in there.

Messi has also been very, very lucky and I don't begrudge him that.

I just think the wankathon "GOAT, no more argument, end of debate" has been pathetic.

11 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Argentina had favourable calls in the tournament but that's not new for a side that won it. Their win is deserved

The Messi and Ronaldo hate is now getting annoying. They both should just retire now so the sport itself can become the centre of attention again. 

Haaland v. Mbappe is the next-gen Messi v Ronaldo

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Anyone else see those videos doing the rounds of Salt Bae trying to take away the world cup trophy away from a number of Argentine players for a picture and just being an absolute annoying little twat?

Surprised no one bashed his face in and how on earth was he allowed on the pitch for celebrations? 

He's friends with Infantino.

I think it's mental he's managed to extend his 15 minutes of fame so long.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

The stupid ones are those who go to his restaurants and spend a shitload of money on a stupid gimmick xD 

Yea, that's true. 

Just checked the prices for his restaurants. Wow. It's different from Dubai to London, but definitely overpriced in both places. xD

23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, that's true. 

Just checked the prices for his restaurants. Wow. It's different from Dubai to London, but definitely overpriced in both places. xD

I watched this review on YouTube and for the money it looks no better than a really bang average Steakhouse.

We actually have a chain restaurant in England called Miller and Carter and I'd rather eat in the one in Manchester than that Salt Bae restaurant.  

https://youtu.be/XUou4INzOy8

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

I watched this review on YouTube and for the money it looks no better than a really bang average Steakhouse.

We actually have a chain restaurant in England called Miller and Carter and I'd rather eat in the one in Manchester than that Salt Bae restaurant.  

https://youtu.be/XUou4INzOy8

I also find it a bit disgusting that the salt touches his arm before it hits the food. xD

1 hour ago, nudge said:

The stupid ones are those who go to his restaurants and spend a shitload of money on a stupid gimmick xD 

They're apparently total dogshit steakhouses too. Spending shitloads so some meme guy can hand-feed you meat, but only if you're famous, otherwise you just get someone who's probably thinking "I'm not paid enough for this" to hand-feed you meat.

40 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I also find it a bit disgusting that the salt touches his arm before it hits the food. xD

His whole persona is weird, honestly why anyone would pay upwards of £1000 for a Steak in his restaurant us beyond me.

Sad sad people.

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Last time I checked, the testicles contain all the parts you’ve just labelled 🤣

Prostrate is up by the bladder mate and the vas deferens is a duct that connects everything 

men don’t even know how their dicks work xD

2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Salt bae can't actually cook. I've spoken to a few chefs who have worked there for a bit or know other chefs who have worked there. His sous(second) chef does the cooking. He just hovers in the background.

Mate, most celebrity chefs don’t do a lot of cooking. They have to run the kitchen and or business. 

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mate, most celebrity chefs don’t do a lot of cooking. They have to run the kitchen and or business. 

Eh, not sure about that. I know quite a few celebrity chefs (at least here in Germany) who came from nothing and then became famous after winning quite a few Michelin Stars. Maybe after they turned "celebrity",  they slow down a bit with their every day business, but they are still serious chefs. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Eh, not sure about that. I know quite a few celebrity chefs (at least here in Germany) who came from nothing and then became famous after winning quite a few Michelin Stars. Maybe after they turned "celebrity",  they slow down a bit with their every day business, but they are still serious chefs. 

I never said they weren’t serious chefs. I said they don’t cook in their kitchens because they run the kitchens and the business. There is more to a head chef than being on the line.

52 minutes ago, Spike said:

I never said they weren’t serious chefs. I said they don’t cook in their kitchens because they run the kitchens and the business. There is more to a head chef than being on the line.

Most of the time a head or exec chef would at least spend some time cooking. They might run the pass during a service which doesn't involve cooking but if they are prepping during the day that would involve some cooking. They wouldn't do lots of cooking but if they are in the kitchen they would normally do some. But yeah you are right they don't do a lot. Marcus weiring is probably an exception 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Sometimes also it can be because they have multiple places to run. Add the tv time on that there isnt alot of time left. It varies from chef to chef. I worked with a Michelin star chef at the good food awards and tried to avoid being in the kitchen like the plague 😂

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Prostrate is up by the bladder mate and the vas deferens is a duct that connects everything 

men don’t even know how their dicks work xD

I completely missed the prostate to be fair and just like when i cum, I’ve mixed up my sperm and semen. You can still go fuck yourself though. My original point was Danny has one bollock.

Archived