talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

Just now, Danny said:

Lads the team who wins the league next season takes the title from you lol. Kane can break Greave’s record and  that can never be taken away from him, even if someone else breaks it.

They don't take your winners medal and get to claim they won the league the year you won it xD

Just now, Spike said:

No, not the bundesliga, (formed in the 60s btw), England’s all time scorer.

Missing the point mate, Kane will be remembered for it as much as a title in Germany, more so than a title in Germany let’s be honest. Bundesliga is small fry compared to the Prem.

Just now, Danny said:

Lads the team who wins the league next season takes the title from you lol. Kane can break Greave’s record and  that can never be taken away from him, even if someone else breaks it.

That’s exactly the opposite xD 

You can’t lose a league win, but you can lose top scorer. No matter what happens if I win a trophy for the year of 2034, nobody can take it because there never will be another trophy for 2034. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

They don't take your winners medal and get to claim they won the league the year you won it xD

They take the title of champions from you…its exactly the same concept as having your record broken. Except the next person who breaks it will likely be one of the very best to have played the game

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

No one had Sky tv back then, or the internet. I certainly couldn’t tell you who won the Bundesliga then, or if the competition even existed

English champions in 1921: Burnley; German champions in 1921: Nürnberg oops someone knows without checking

record goal scorer s iof any both competitions at that year: good luck trying to find it out.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Missing the point mate, Kane will be remembered for it as much as a title in Germany, more so than a title in Germany let’s be honest. Bundesliga is small fry compared to the Prem.

Until someone breaks the title. No one thinks, ah yes Jimmy McDude, England’s all time scorer 1973-179 after which ten players surpassed him. What they will see is Jimmy McDude 11th highest scorer.

He isn’t going to break Greaves’ score anyway. 

Just now, Spike said:

That’s exactly the opposite xD 

You can’t lose a league win, but you can lose top scorer. No matter what happens if I win a trophy for the year of 2034, nobody can take it because there never will be another trophy for 2034. 

You lose your title as champions of Germany if another team comes along and wins it. That’s how sport works lol

Kane having his record broken will not mean he will lose the accolade of being a Premier League all time goal scoring record breaker, he will remain there in history much like you would if you win a title.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

They take the title of champions from you…its exactly the same concept as having your record broken. Except the next person who breaks it will likely be one of the very best to have played the game

No, they take the next season’s title. They are independent of each other! 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

If Kane goes his whole career without winning a league title or a CL, I'll remember him as one of the best players I've ever seen to not win a league title or CL. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, especially if he stays at Spurs - I'll remember him as a guy who was an absolute legend for one club and was one of the best players in the league.

If he goes to another league and wins stuff there, I'll remember him as one of the best players I've seen in the league that left the league to get some much deserved tangible prizes for his quality.

Either way, I don't think anyone who's watching English football now is going to forget about Kane any time in the next few decades.

Just now, Spike said:

Until someone breaks the title. No one thinks, ah yes Jimmy McDude, England’s all time scorer 1973-179 after which ten players surpassed him. What they will see is Jimmy McDude 11th highest scorer.

He isn’t going to break Greaves’ score anyway. 

Because the internet and Sky TV didnt exist then. It does now, the game is global, Harry Kane will be remembered for a much longer time globally as a PL record holder than he would winning Bundesliga

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

English champions in 1921: Burnley; German champions in 1921: Nürnberg oops someone knows without checking

record goal scorer s iof any both competitions at that year: good luck trying to find it out.

Steve Bloomer was the record scorer in top flight history in 1921. Even though he stopped playing in 1914, he had 314 goals before he retired.

Just now, Danny said:

You lose your title as champions of Germany if another team comes along and wins it. That’s how sport works lol

Kane having his record broken will not mean he will lose the accolade of being a Premier League all time goal scoring record breaker, he will remain there in history much like you would if you win a title.

If it is broken he literally moves from 1 to 2, that is completely different. If he wins a league, that never changes. 

Just now, Danny said:

Because the internet and Sky TV didnt exist then. It does now, the game is global, Harry Kane will be remembered for a much longer time globally as a PL record holder than he would winning Bundesliga

I don’t even know how to go on with thisxD Sky and the internet aren’t a factor. You’ve gone mad, mate

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Steve Bloomer was the record scorer in top flight history in 1921.

Don’t act like you knew that, I also just read the wiki. :rofl:

1 minute ago, Spike said:

No, they take the next season’s title. They are independent of each other! 

Nein, they are reigning champions until someone else claims the title.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Kane goes his whole career without winning a league title or a CL, I'll remember him as one of the best players I've ever seen to not win a league title or CL. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, especially if he stays at Spurs - I'll remember him as a guy who was an absolute legend for one club and was one of the best players in the league.

If he goes to another league and wins stuff there, I'll remember him as one of the best players I've seen in the league that left the league to get some much deserved tangible prizes for his quality.

Either way, I don't think anyone who's watching English football now is going to forget about Kane any time in the next few decades.

Personally if Kane goes to Bayern and only wins German silverware, I’d see that as the lesser ending go his career in comparison to him having the chance to break the all time goals record.

If he wins a Champions League with Bayern only then would it be worth it.

But if he won La Liga and not the Champions League I’d say it would be worth the move

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I don’t even know how to go on with thisxD Sky and the internet aren’t a factor. You’ve gone mad, mate

I didn't know that I had to google it xD

He's still #2 in the record books and I'd never even heard of him before in my life. I'd heard of Jimmy Greaves & I've heard of Dixie Dean, but never once had I heard of Bloomer.

Lads this has been a fun chat, we done all of this without calling each other a cunt. What a day on TF365

My big takeaway is that nobody gives Steve Bloomer enough credit for his contributions to English football.

Also Dixie Dean's goalscoring record is fucking incredible. 310 goals in 362 league games, that's fucking insane. I know pre-WW2 football was completely different, but fucking hell that's almost a goal per game.

It will never change that he broke the record either.

Then lost the record, but never lost his league medal! Because that doesn’t change! xD

lol how many times are we going to post the exact same response to each other

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

brosefine ofcourse Sky and the internet are a factor, they have changed massively how the league is watched and perceived around the world. They have helped make it the most watched league in the world, so ofc in a time without that we are going to be less likely to know previous record holders

• The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich