talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Kane could bring more out of Mane with Mane playing on the left of him. He's got a good link play with Son.

I mean Ive seen Mane enough to know what he was capable of even a season ago but he just was not the same player. We tried him on the wing, we tried him as a second striker with 2 up front, we tried him as a #10 even. The most basic of things like dribbling or interchanging was just non existent, whenever the ball went to him the play died 99% of the time. When he did have a proper striker to play off of it also made no difference. It got to the point where I didnt want to see Mane come off the bench in any match in the latter part of the season. I didnt even mention the slap/punch/dustup with Sane after one of the City matches that he initiated where he was subsequently held out of the squad for a match or two after as punishment. Id also have to see the stats but he had to be the most offside player in the league by a country mile and missed a decent amount of time for that injury. 

Maybe it was adapting to everything and moving continents I dont know.. was kind of hoping he'd go to Saudi Island and retire tbh. Hopefully you're right anyways if this does come off.

13 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Are you talking Kane here? If so, why cunt, what did I miss?

Kane's a fucking arsehole. I think he'll get sent off a lot more without the FA's refs feeling like they must protect the golden boy.

18 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I mean Ive seen Mane enough to know what he was capable of even a season ago but he just was not the same player. We tried him on the wing, we tried him as a second striker with 2 up front, we tried him as a #10 even. The most basic of things like dribbling or interchanging was just non existent, whenever the ball went to him the play died 99% of the time. When he did have a proper striker to play off of it also made no difference. It got to the point where I didnt want to see Mane come off the bench in any match in the latter part of the season. I didnt even mention the slap/punch/dustup with Sane after one of the City matches that he initiated where he was subsequently held out of the squad for a match or two after as punishment. Id also have to see the stats but he had to be the most offside player in the league by a country mile and missed a decent amount of time for that injury. 

Maybe it was adapting to everything and moving continents I dont know.. was kind of hoping he'd go to Saudi Island and retire tbh. Hopefully you're right anyways if this does come off.

He was physically shattered after his last season with us. And judging by our squad, that was the case for most of the squad tbh. And I'm not sure how much I believe in "mental fatigue" but if we think that's a real thing, I do think Mane's probably had a bit of that after our last season with him - playing every possible match we had that season but losing at the end to City and Madrid for the 2 competitions we wanted most. If I was gutted, I imagine the players probably felt pretty bad xD - tbh I felt his best form with us sort of coincided with him returning after winning AFCON (and being player of the tournament) while also being shifted from the left wing to a central role.

If you want Thiago back, I'd snap your hand off to get Mane back tbh. But idk how much his recent injuries have caused wear and tear that's irreversible with him. He's a pretty physical player that's relied on his physicality - it's easier to not be the same player after injuries given the circumstances. With Thiago you know he's going to be out for about half the season and even when he's fit, seems like he needs some time to really get back into the grove to show his class in full.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kane's a fucking arsehole. I think he'll get sent off a lot more without the FA's refs feeling like they must protect the golden boy.

He was physically shattered after his last season with us. And judging by our squad, that was the case for most of the squad tbh. And I'm not sure how much I believe in "mental fatigue" but if we think that's a real thing, I do think Mane's probably had a bit of that after our last season with him - playing every possible match we had that season but losing at the end to City and Madrid for the 2 competitions we wanted most. If I was gutted, I imagine the players probably felt pretty bad xD - tbh I felt his best form with us sort of coincided with him returning after winning AFCON (and being player of the tournament) while also being shifted from the left wing to a central role.

If you want Thiago back, I'd snap your hand off to get Mane back tbh. But idk how much his recent injuries have caused wear and tear that's irreversible with him. He's a pretty physical player that's relied on his physicality - it's easier to not be the same player after injuries given the circumstances. With Thiago you know he's going to be out for about half the season and even when he's fit, seems like he needs some time to really get back into the grove to show his class in full.

At this point its tough to want Thiago back but he is the kind of player we've been missing ever since he left. As you say its really tough to plan with him given he will miss half the season as well though so I dont think it makes alot of sense.

Idk its why on the one hand I like Mane's attitude in wanting to stay and prove himself and hopefully it does work out but im definitely skeptical. Hopefully it was a mix of fatigue and injuries and he can bounce back, If he can be a serviceable player ill take it.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Coming from the guy whose clubs forward physically assaulted Joachim Anderson because he couldn't handle banter.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s genuinely one of the most ludicrous statements, from a usually great poster.

He’s so far from it. He’s the ultimate professional, family man, still with his childhood sweetheart, stays out of the media and trouble, gives so much back to charity sponsoring all of Leyton orients kits to do his bit for a club that he had his first loan at and also mental health charities close to his heart. The hate he gets is absolutely baffling. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Coming from the guy whose clubs forward physically assaulted Joachim Anderson because he couldn't handle banter.

And from a guy who supported a racist up front for his club, that used to bite people, because he was good at football. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

That’s genuinely one of the most ludicrous statements, from a usually great poster.

He’s so far from it. He’s the ultimate professional, family man, still with his childhood sweetheart, stays out of the media and trouble, gives so much back to charity sponsoring all of Leyton orients kits to do his bit for a club that he had his first loan at and also mental health charities close to his heart. The hate he gets is absolutely baffling. 

I think Harry Kane will be a lot more respected from neutrals once he's retired, and we're back to hopeing to get past the last 16 at a World Cup.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

I think Harry Kane will be a lot more respected from neutrals once he's retired, and we're back to hopeing to get past the last 16 at a World Cup.

I think he's world class and respect him a lot as a player.

I also think he's a fucking arsehole.

Both things can be true at the same time, dickheads. Has nothing to do with whether or not I support a club that's had racists play for them. Also: you've probably supported racists (& homophobes) at your club too

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

He should be. But I won’t hold my breath. He’s one of the greatest players to ever play for this county, the numbers are going to be massive when all is said and done. He will hold so many individual records. He’s been captain of England since he was 24! He’s not appreciated because of who he plays for and in some ways the style of play he has, but he should be the example for every single young kid out there. He’s got to where he is through hard work and application. Failure didn’t cause him to give up but try harder. I think people are always going to find ways to criticise him. Even if he goes and wins trophies elsewhere he will still get people playing down how good he is, but fingers crossed when he is retired people will appreciate him more. I’d just love for him to win something with England. That’s the ultimate 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's because he gets away with blatant red cards all the time, amongst other things.

Which is just utter nonsense. Such a strange vendetta to have. He has that drive to win and edge that every single top player in history has had, but he’s about as far from arsehole as possible as modern day footballers go. 

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Which is just utter nonsense. Such a strange vendetta to have. He has that drive to win and edge that every single top player in history has had, but he’s about as far from arsehole as possible as modern day footballers go. 

How's it nonsense (or a vendetta, lol) - he has his "signature move" that's pretty dangerous when he backs into players going for the ball and taking them out. You just don't see it as him being a fucking arsehole because he's the best player Spurs have ever had. FFS talking about me not being able to criticise a player because of who I fucking support - at least I can admit when a player for us should have received a red card.

And how's it a vendetta xD - I think he should only leave Spurs if he's going to a club that's basically guaranteed to win big titles... otherwise he's better off just staying at Spurs and cementing his own legend. That's clearly me saying he's a good player who deserves success either in the form of something tangible (winning trophies) or intangible (an untouchable legacy at Spurs). WOOOOOW SUCH A VENDETTA.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think he's world class and respect him a lot as a player.

I also think he's a fucking arsehole.

Both things can be true at the same time, dickheads. Has nothing to do with whether or not I support a club that's had racists play for them. Also: you've probably supported racists (& homophobes) at your club too

Not sure how racism and homphobia has been raised but given our clubs history of giving Vince Hilaire a platform in the 70's and 80's, then the Wright & Bright connection afterwards, the demographic of Croydon and the opportunity we gave Patrick Vieira recently, I'd be very surprised if we had a known racist in our club.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Not sure how racism and homphobia has been raised but given our clubs history of giving Vince Hilaire a platform in the 70's and 80's, then the Wright & Bright connection afterwards, the demographic of Croydon and the opportunity we gave Patrick Vieira recently, I'd be very surprised if we had a known racist in our club.

Mate you're a club in England, the odds are you've had a racist play for you in the last 40 decades are nailed on. And didn't you have the homophobic fella refusing to wear pride shite?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How's it nonsense (or a vendetta, lol) - he has his "signature move" that's pretty dangerous when he backs into players going for the ball and taking them out. You just don't see it as him being a fucking arsehole because he's the best player Spurs have ever had. FFS talking about me not being able to criticise a player because of who I fucking support - at least I can admit when a player for us should have received a red card.

And how's it a vendetta xD - I think he should only leave Spurs if he's going to a club that's basically guaranteed to win big titles... otherwise he's better off just staying at Spurs and cementing his own legend. That's clearly me saying he's a good player who deserves success either in the form of something tangible (winning trophies) or intangible (an untouchable legacy at Spurs). WOOOOOW SUCH A VENDETTA.

The fact you call it his “signature move” should say everything I need to say about this. As if it’s something Kane invented or that Kane is the only one that does. Backing in like that has been around for as long as football has. It’s such a weird argument to take, but it’s because there is little else to find fault with as I’ve stated in previous posts. He’s basically the ideal pro and it’s only because of who he plays for that people try to find any reason to criticise. Sure he’s not perfect on the pitch, but who is, but I could list hundreds of players that are more ‘arsehole’ than him. Including in our squad and certainly in yours like Mo ‘anti-Semitic’ Salah for a start. 

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

He’s basically the ideal pro and it’s only because of who he plays for that people try to find any reason to criticise.

I don't give a shit about Spurs and I want England to win something before I die xD

vEnDeTtA

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

I mean, Kane definitely does back into players while they are jumping for a header. All the time. 

He has also perfected the art of manufacturing contact to get penalties. Him and Son upfront are a couple of knobheads with good PR. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I mean, Kane definitely does back into players while they are jumping for a header. All the time. 

What kind of bizarre vendetta do you have for stating the facts against this perfect saintly man just for saying something that you see literally all the time with your eyeballs.

It must be because Suarez said a racial slur, Nunez headbutted someone and got sent off, or because Mo Salah thinks Palestinians have... *gasp* human rights :ph34r:

I don’t even dislike Kane, but to say that he isn’t a bit nasty on the pitch is weird. I’m sure Roy Keane is a great fella off the pitch with his friends and family, but he was still a bastard on the pitch. Every team has had those sort of players, it’s just part of the game. 

Kane gets away with it more than most, because the media have him as a complete darling. He’s untouchable at this point. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mate you're a club in England, the odds are you've had a racist play for you in the last 40 decades are nailed on. And didn't you have the homophobic fella refusing to wear pride shite?

Im not sure what youre getting at here given racists and homphobes have no bearing on Harry Kane being a dickhead but no, that was Everton's Gueye, once Kouyate defended him his stance his contract expired. And let's be fair, there's a big difference between supporting someone you know is a racist/homophobe.

• The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich