talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

There hasn't been any rumours of this. But I do wonder if Newcastle were to qualify for the champions league if Kane might want to go there? He didn't get the move to Man city and it seems unlikely to happen now due to Haaland being there. Newcastle could be a good club for him to go to. 

Or do you think he will stay at spurs or go somewhere else?

• Administrator

Be a travesty that a player of his sheer quality may end up trophy-less in his whole career if he stays at Spurs.

I think he'll go abroad. Perhaps to Bayern. 

Or maybe Man Utd in the summer and still end up trophy-less :ph34r:.

• Subscriber

I feel sorry for Kane, he reminds me of one of my greatest players, Matt Le Tissier, remained loyal to Southampton, won nothing with the Saints and only left them to end his career at Eastleigh & Guernsey.

If I was Kane and he wanted some kind of trophy, especially a league title I would say he should go to either Real or Bayern.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Be a travesty that a player of his sheer quality may end up trophy-less in his whole career if he stays at Spurs.

I think he'll go abroad. Perhaps to Bayern. 

Or maybe Man Utd in the summer and still end up trophy-less :ph34r:.

Think you might have to accept were on our way back mate. 

Add to that we could have new wealthy owners the future is looking bright.

I wouldn't want Kane. Not because don't rate him, because he's 30 in the summer. We have enough players in that age bracket we need to be looking for someone younger.

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Devil said:

Think you might have to accept were on our way back mate. 

Add to that we could have new wealthy owners the future is looking bright.

I wouldn't want Kane. Not because don't rate him, because he's 30 in the summer. We have enough players in that age bracket we need to be looking for someone younger.

Sadly, I know you're right. Ten Hag seems the perfect fit in the form of taking no shit from any big egos and actually setting some decent standards for the club and what the players should respect. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sadly, I know you're right. Ten Hag seems the perfect fit in the form of taking no shit from any big egos and actually setting some decent standards for the club and what the players should respect. 

Long way to go obviously but signs are looking good.

He needs the financial backing though, still a lot of work to do.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Aye, shame but Kane is too old but saying that, if the spoilt little brat Ronaldo was still with United I would swap him any day for Kane, but I think Spurs would run a mile if United did that offer as a swap. xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Over trophies? 

Yes. Be absolutely shocked if he went abroad. All time premier league top goal scorer is far more meaningful as an accolade than moving to a cheat code club guaranteeing multiple trophies a year 

Just now, Storts said:

Yes. Be absolutely shocked if he went abroad. All time premier league top goal scorer is far more meaningful as an accolade than moving to a cheat code club guaranteeing multiple trophies a year 

It's an accolade that isn't set in stone though, what if Haaland stayed at City for the rest of his career. 

Kane could break the record and then lose it within the next 10 years.

Medals never go away.

5 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

There hasn't been any rumours of this. But I do wonder if Newcastle were to qualify for the champions league if Kane might want to go there? He didn't get the move to Man city and it seems unlikely to happen now due to Haaland being there. Newcastle could be a good club for him to go to. 

Or do you think he will stay at spurs or go somewhere else?

I'm pretty sure he won't move to Newcastle from Spurs whether they get Champions League football or not. They never allowed him to go to City last season so Newcastle I'm sure will be a no. He wants to win the league and they aren't at that level yet.

Newcastle will likely be rivalling Spurs for the next couple years so pretty sure Spurs won't want to make them stronger.

I've always seen Kane at Man Utd if he was to go anywhere in this league. That is a slight contradiction on what I'm saying because they are Top 4 contenders as opposed to league challengers but it's the one team I think Spurs would allow now City have moved on.

I think moving abroad is an option he's open to though. Let's be honest, if Real Madrid came calling, I'm positive he'd want it given their Champions League pedigree. No one wants to look back on their career with zero honours.

Time will tell. Don't think Spurs fans would begrudge him a move now at this stage in his career as much as it would hurt.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Devil said:

It's an accolade that isn't set in stone though, what if Haaland stayed at City for the rest of his career. 

Kane could break the record and then lose it within the next 10 years.

Medals never go away.

He could, of course. But it’s still something more meaningful at this stage of his career imo. It’s like any trophy he won at spurs would mean more than getting them as just part of a super team (unlikely now)

I hope he wins something though, wherever it is. He deserves it

Just now, Stan said:

Only 30. These days, a player like Kane can carry on til about 35/36 and still bag goals for fun. 

I don't believe he will to be fair, he's had many ankle injuries.

I would also say his peak years have been and gone. He's still a fantastic striker but he is one of those players that burst on to the scene with amazing early results.

He never rests either, I've watch Spurs against lower league sides in the League Cup and he's starting the game. Even at the world cup when he had that slight injury in the opening match, I knew he'd play the next game even if it came at a detriment to the team.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Devil said:

I don't believe he will to be fair, he's had many ankle injuries.

I would also say his peak years have been and gone. He's still a fantastic striker but he is one of those players that burst on to the scene with amazing early results.

He never rests either, I've watch Spurs against lower league sides in the League Cup and he's starting the game. Even at the world cup when he had that slight injury in the opening match, I knew he'd play the next game even if it came at a detriment to the team.

Tempting fate here but hasn’t had one of those for ages now. He had a spell of them but that’s in the past. 

No reason he can’t play on well into his 30s, never been reliant on pace. Brilliant footballer 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Only 30. These days, a player like Kane can carry on til about 35/36 and still bag goals for fun. 

I would rather United went away from buying these 30-year-old good players with a reputation or not and start looking at the youth team, Kane may be a good striker but being honest he is not another Ibrahimović, that guy can get injured but still comes back stronger, would you swap Vardy for Kane? xD

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

image.png

I don’t think United fans have to really worry about him not getting the backing tbh.

I know we've spent a lot so seeing me write that statement maybe sounds stupid but we're currently on the open market as a club, I don't think the Glazers will be looking to spend more money on players before they sell up.

If we get another striker and maybe another midfielder I think we'd be serious contenders for the title. I genuinely think we're that close and just before we are about to get it right the Glazers decide to sell the club before what should be the most important transfer window we have in the last ten years.

Edited by Devil

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

I know we've spent a lot so seeing me write that statement maybe sounds stupid but we're currently on the open market as a club, I don't think the Glazers will be looking to spend more money on players before they sell up.

If we get another striker and maybe another midfielder I think we'd be serious contenders for the title. I genuinely think we're that close and just before we are about to get it right the Glazers decide to sell the club before what should be the most important transfer window we have in the last ten years.

We’re on the open market and just signed a player, I think if they want to get the most out of their investment they can’t just let United stagnate really.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’re on the open market and just signed a player, I think if they want to get the most out of their investment they can’t just let United stagnate really.

Maybe.

Time will tell but I think we're looking at loan signings only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Harry Kane - Real Madrid May Buy Striker
  • The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich