talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

Gotta love it though that Bayern have enough spending power, without a sugar daddy, to maybe get one of the best players from the mother of all sugar daddy leagues. 

Bayern have been farming prize money a long time yet they still come cap in hand when trying to buy players :4_joy:

46 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Bayern have been farming prize money a long time yet they still come cap in hand when trying to buy players :4_joy:

Well, you learn to appreciate money more, if you have to work hard for it, instead of it being given to you for mere existence like city do.;)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, City have 172M Pound debts. Spending more than -172M isn't spending any money you earned, to be correct!;)

Manchester City currently has over 500million sat in the clubs account and could get close to 172m in player sales alone this summer, we can be debt free again anytime we want ;)

Don't think Kane will get his move this summer unless Man Utd start making a move. For some reason can't see him abroad.

Maybe he could shit on Tottenham and try going on strike again like before. Or publicly state he wants a move again. Tottenham fans won't mind being pathetic and will forget it in a week if it doesn't work out. It'd be a shitty thing to do but he's already proven he's okay with shitting on Tottenham.

I don't think he'll move abroad. I think family means too much to him and I can't see him wanting to uproot his kids in a different country. It could have happened a few years ago maybe when Madrid were sniffing but I think that moment has gone.

City would have been the move he made a couple season's ago for sure had Levy not blocked it. Easy choice. That's gone too now and won't happen again.

I can genuinely only see it being Man Utd now because they still have that stature to be able to attract someone like Harry Kane to their club. I think he'd see that move as one where they could potentially challenge for the league, win a cup and get Champions League footy whilst staying here domestically for his family.

However, I'd imagine their bid would have to be higher than Bayern's for Spurs to consider selling to someone in the same league. 

Levy is a buisnessman, I'm sure he wouldn't want to see Kane walk for free no matter what. If he got his wish, I think he'd probably accept Bayern's offer if they got in and around £80-£90m. But ultimately Kane holds the power now and if he doesn't want that move, he may see it out.

If you were United, it would make perfect sense now to go £100m, test the water and see how the land lies on Kane's side. If he indicted the right noises, that might be enough to convince Levy to agree it.

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just feel like he ain’t giving up all time Premier League record scorer to go and play in Germany

Yeah. So close. 48 goals which is 2 seasons by his standards.

But if that is the case, why not sign a new contract and not leave a year on to then make Spurs lose him for free? Unless he had his eyes on another PL move this summer, which could also give him another chance at winning something while he breaks it. 

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Just feel like he ain’t giving up all time Premier League record scorer to go and play in Germany

Is the record worth as much as the chance of winning league titles in the rest of his career? I'm not sure it is. Records will eventually be broken. And that record isn't even the top flight record of goals in England - which is held by Jimmy Greaves at 357 goals...

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah. So close. 48 goals which is 2 seasons by his standards.

But if that is the case, why not sign a new contract and not leave a year on to then make Spurs lose him for free? Unless he had his eyes on another PL move this summer, which could also give him another chance at winning something while he breaks it. 

I guess he’s previously fucked himself over with bargaining power so will see out either a transfer or new contract till the end of his current one.

4 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

What is the point in getting there if Haaland will be all time top scorer the week after Kane gets there :ph34r:

Haha good point, but no English player will match it anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is the record worth as much as the chance of winning league titles in the rest of his career? I'm not sure it is. Records will eventually be broken. And that record isn't even the top flight record of goals in England - which is held by Jimmy Greaves at 357 goals...

I think the record is worth a lot more than winning the Bundesliga tbh. I do think winning the Champions League is the real reason to give it up and in fairness to Bayern they always seem to have a chance.

Edited by Danny

48 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think the record is worth a lot more than winning the Bundesliga tbh. I do think winning the Champions League is the real reason to give it up and in fairness to Bayern they always seem to have a chance.

How's it worth more though? It's not like he's the top scorer in the top flight in England if he breaks the record... he's just top scorer since football sold it's soul in 1992. I feel like putting more weight to that record compared to winning the league in Germany is a bit... weird? At least if he wins the league in Germany he's actually won the league in Germany. Maybe if he was beating Jimmy Greaves' record... but I don't know if anyone will beat that unless Haaland sticks around for 20 years.

And yeah, Bayern always have a chance in the CL. They're one of the most consistently competently run teams in Europe, tbh. I think there's a real draw to going there if you want to win stuff, because they basically exist just to win stuff... and going abroad means he doesn't have to do things like score on Spurs or be a part of ruining Spurs' hopes by helping a competitor beat them to Europe or shit like that.

Idk, if it was me... I wouldn't give a shit about individual records and if he does, then I don't think he should complain too much about Spurs not being the most competitive side in the league - he's got a team where he's the absolute focal point and like you & Stan have said, with the standards he's set he probably gets the record without leaving Spurs in about 2 seasons. I think if he leaves for another English side, he's tarnishing his legacy with Spurs. He'll always be loved by their fans - but I think it'd tarnish things a bit to see him in some other English club's kit... and breaking the record there.

And if he wants to win things and a club like Bayern are in for him, I think that's the best of both worlds. Leave Spurs as a legend, go to a place that's easier to forgive him fucking off to, sign up for a few years of guaranteed silverware and medals that he can show his kids and grandkids and greatgrandkids. If I were him and I just wanted to leave for titles, I'd probably be moving heaven and earth to get this move done as early as possible in this transfer window... unless I knew that Real Madrid were waiting for the Spurs contract to expire and I'd know I have a spot in Madrid waiting for me. But Madrid could always back out.

I don't see the point in him leaving for any other club in England that isn't Manchester City though. City are favourites every year, every other club has a serious fight on their hands to even contend... let alone beat City to the title. Now that they've got Haaland, there's no real need for Kane anymore.

But I guess perspective really just matters on whether you weigh the team achievement of titles more than the individual achievement of breaking a record. But if you want titles, there's few clubs better to move to than Bayern Munich tbh. And unlike PSG, they're a more serious club, in a more serious league, that can be taken more seriously when talking about the ultimate club football tournament... the champions league.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't think he'll move abroad. I think family means too much to him and I can't see him wanting to uproot his kids in a different country.

He is a millionaire and it’s only a few hours flight. They can manage in London.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How's it worth more though? It's not like he's the top scorer in the top flight in England if he breaks the record... he's just top scorer since football sold it's soul in 1992. I feel like putting more weight to that record compared to winning the league in Germany is a bit... weird? At least if he wins the league in Germany he's actually won the league in Germany. Maybe if he was beating Jimmy Greaves' record... but I don't know if anyone will beat that unless Haaland sticks around for 20 years.

And yeah, Bayern always have a chance in the CL. They're one of the most consistently competently run teams in Europe, tbh. I think there's a real draw to going there if you want to win stuff, because they basically exist just to win stuff... and going abroad means he doesn't have to do things like score on Spurs or be a part of ruining Spurs' hopes by helping a competitor beat them to Europe or shit like that.

Idk, if it was me... I wouldn't give a shit about individual records and if he does, then I don't think he should complain too much about Spurs not being the most competitive side in the league - he's got a team where he's the absolute focal point and like you & Stan have said, with the standards he's set he probably gets the record without leaving Spurs in about 2 seasons. I think if he leaves for another English side, he's tarnishing his legacy with Spurs. He'll always be loved by their fans - but I think it'd tarnish things a bit to see him in some other English club's kit... and breaking the record there.

And if he wants to win things and a club like Bayern are in for him, I think that's the best of both worlds. Leave Spurs as a legend, go to a place that's easier to forgive him fucking off to, sign up for a few years of guaranteed silverware and medals that he can show his kids and grandkids and greatgrandkids. If I were him and I just wanted to leave for titles, I'd probably be moving heaven and earth to get this move done as early as possible in this transfer window... unless I knew that Real Madrid were waiting for the Spurs contract to expire and I'd know I have a spot in Madrid waiting for me. But Madrid could always back out.

I don't see the point in him leaving for any other club in England that isn't Manchester City though. City are favourites every year, every other club has a serious fight on their hands to even contend... let alone beat City to the title. Now that they've got Haaland, there's no real need for Kane anymore.

But I guess perspective really just matters on whether you weigh the team achievement of titles more than the individual achievement of breaking a record. But if you want titles, there's few clubs better to move to than Bayern Munich tbh. And unlike PSG, they're a more serious club, in a more serious league, that can be taken more seriously when talking about the ultimate club football tournament... the champions league.

If Kane stays fit he can easily do that in 3 seasons assuming he carries on at this rate. But I did think he was closer to the league record than he actually is.

But yeah I think that record is better than winning the Bundesliga, to do it in a time where the Premier League has had better players and teams than in the Bundesliga, I’d prioritise that personally.

I think the only teams that would really be worth moving for are Real Madrid, Liverpool and United. (obviously City have Haaland.)

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

If Kane stays fit he can easily do that in 3 seasons assuming he carries on at this rate. But I did think he was closer to the league record than he actually is.

But yeah I think that record is better than winning the Bundesliga, to do it in a time where the Premier League has had better players and teams than in the Bundesliga, I’d prioritise that personally.

I think the only teams that would really be worth moving for are Real Madrid, Liverpool and United. (obviously City have Haaland.)

Records can be broken. Winning a league can't be lost, unless it is Juventus. 200 goals or 300 goals doesn’t matter because Kane at this point has already showcased he has supreme ability.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Records can be broken. Winning a league can't be lost, unless it is Juventus. 200 goals or 300 goals doesn’t matter because Kane at this point has already showcased he has supreme ability.

Record breakers will always be remembered, you can’t take away breaking a record in the same way you can’t take away winning a league. You can lose your title as champions, more quickly in fact, than you can lose a record.

I get the appeal, Bayern are big and there’s a chance to win the Champions League. If he leaves its because of that which is fair. But I think it’s a harder ask for Bayern than it is for Madrid, United or Liverpool as the Bundesliga is considered to be less of an achievement in comparison to winning the Prem or La Liga.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Record breakers will always be remembered, you can’t take away breaking a record in the same way you can’t take away winning a league. You can lose your title as champions, more quickly in fact, than you can lose a record.

I get the appeal, Bayern are big and there’s a chance to win the Champions League. If he leaves its because of that which is fair. But I think it’s a harder ask for Bayern than it is for Madrid, United or Liverpool as the Bundesliga is considered to be less of an achievement in comparison to winning the Prem or La Liga.

Who was the record holder in 1921?

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah but it's not like it means he's suddenly the record scorer in the English top flight. The "top prem scorer" thing is just kind of bullshit branding tbh because they, for whatever reason, didn't want to acknowledge the history of the game in England. Kind of shit for Jimmy Greaves, tbh. All it really shows is he's scored a lot of goals in England, but didn't hit Greaves' actual record...

... and he's already scored a lot of goals in England, but not actually hit Greaves' actual record. I'm sure breaking the record would mean a lot to him because it's a remarkable achievement. But like @Spike says, some other dickhead can come in and take the record from him. Nobody's going to take away a league title from him if he wins one with Bayern, unless Bayern are match-fixing or doping and get a Juve style penalty.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

as the Bundesliga is considered to be less of an achievement in comparison to winning the Prem or La Liga.

In the last 5 years, Man City have won the league 4 times. That's only marginally worse than Bayern winning the league 5 out of the last 5 years. In most of those 5 years, other than the year City didn't win it, it's been a 2 horse race from what I remember. It seems to be pretty similar in Germany with Bayern Munich & Dortmund.

Honestly, playing at Spurs he's basically been trying to contend for titles like he's turned the video game settings up to "hard" mode. His quality at this point is undisputed, I wouldn't blame the man at all for wanting to play on "easy mode" and get some tangible prizes in the form of medals.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

No one had Sky tv back then, or the internet. I certainly couldn’t tell you who won the Bundesliga then, or if the competition even existed

No, not the bundesliga, (formed in the 60s btw), England’s all time scorer.

• The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich