talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Then lost the record, but never lost his league medal! Because that doesn’t change! xD

lol how many times are we going to post the exact same response to each other

but he will never lose his little trophy he gets either, because he will always be known as a Premier League great because he held the all time record. And we are going to know his name even more when he loses it, because the next person to win it wont be Marcel Schmelzer, it’ll be some Harry Kane/Kylian Mbappe/Halaand type freak

Just now, Danny said:

but he will never lose his little trophy he gets either, because he will always be known as a Premier League great because he held the all time record. And we are going to know his name even more when he loses it, because the next person to win it wont be Marcel Schmelzer, it’ll be some Harry Kane/Kylian Mbappe/Halaand type freak

He'll already always be known as a premier league great though?

Just now, Danny said:

brosefine ofcourse Sky and the internet are a factor, they have changed massively how the league is watched and perceived around the world. They have helped make it the most watched league in the world, so ofc in a time without that we are going to be less likely to know previous record holders

I think it more that we are alive now and are aware of our recent history. If it were 1932, we’d say ‘cor blimey, dya reckon Dixie Dean can break Bloomer’s record, or will he join Arsenal to win a title?’

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He'll already always be known as a premier league great though?

different gravy being the all time goalscorer in England though

Just now, Spike said:

I think it more that we are alive now and are aware of our recent history. If it were 1932, we’d say ‘cor blimey, dya reckon Dixie Dean can break Bloomer’s record, or will he join Arsenal to win a title?’

I’m sure that plays a part, but even so Dixie Dean is more relevant than whoever won the first division in 1905.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I think Everton won titles back then.

Is Dixie Dean famous elsewhere in the UK... or do I only know about him because he's born in Birkenhead like me? Genuine question, I've got no idea. I feel like I'd heard about him from old Evertonians but looking at the dates, there's no way any of those people saw him play either xD

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is Dixie Dean famous elsewhere in the UK... or do I only know about him because he's born in Birkenhead like me? Genuine question, I've got no idea. I feel like I'd heard about him from old Evertonians but looking at the dates, there's no way any of those people saw him play either xD

Just Evertonians tbh. Only reason I know lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danny said:

different gravy being the all time goalscorer in England though

I’m sure that plays a part, but even so Dixie Dean is more relevant than whoever won the first division in 1905.

That is because Dixie Dean played during the great depression and countries have an erection for their sporting heroes of that era.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Great depression stars get a lot nostalgia. Don Bradman, Babe Ruth, you know those types. But of course Bradman was the best of the lot, get fucked if you say otherwise

Edited by Spike

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

In fairness Cricket is such a poor excuse for a sport, its very close to pool and darts in that its a game for people who arent actually athletes

Let me toss a leather ball at you at 150km

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

throw in a light jog and we can have a picnic 

Need a bit more than a light jog to generate the pace necessary for 150kmph. It's okay if you know nothing about the sport and are just talking out your arse, remember I called Dr Gonzo a cunt, not you. You're among mates here.

But that will change very fucking quick if you keep this up.

Edited by Spike

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

Need a bit more than a light jog to generate the pace necessary for 150kmph. It's okay if you know nothing about the sport and are just talking out your arse, remember I called Dr Gonzo a cunt, not you. You're among mates here.

But that will change very fucking quick if you keep this up.

light jog here, quick jump around there. It’s a big sport in Australia because the heat has got to your pale heads, but over here we just let poshos and people from yorkshire pretend its a proper sport :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

darts > cricket

less Neville’s and Hubert’s at the Darts too

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich