talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Im not sure what youre getting at here given racists and homphobes have no bearing on Harry Kane being a dickhead but no, that was Everton's Gueye, once Kouyate defended him his stance his contract expired.

Saying I can't say someone's a fucking arsehole because Suarez played for us or because Nunez headbutted someone is fucking idiotic is what I was getting at. Similarly, saying "well because of what happened in our history, I doubt we'd have any racists ever play for us" is just as stupid as if I'd said "Suarez may have said a racial slur, but he's not openly racist because we had Howard Gayle & John Barnes play for us"

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Saying I can't say someone's a fucking arsehole because Suarez played for us or because Nunez headbutted someone is fucking idiotic is what I was getting at. Similarly, saying "well because of what happened in our history, I doubt we'd have any racists ever play for us" is just as stupid as if I'd said "Suarez may have said a racial slur, but he's not openly racist because we had Howard Gayle & John Barnes play for us"

I think you've lost the plot.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think you've lost the plot.

I think I am an ultimate professional, family man, etc. Basically the ideal poster and its only because of who I support and where I post that people try to find any reason to criticise. Sure, I'm not perfect on the forum, but who is, and I could list hundreds of posters who have lost the plot more than me.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Rick said:

I mean, Kane definitely does back into players while they are jumping for a header. All the time. 

No more or less than other striker in history. Honestly you see that week in week out in the premier league.  

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, 6666 said:

He has also perfected the art of manufacturing contact to get penalties. Him and Son upfront are a couple of knobheads with good PR. 

So does your golden boy Saka and Jesus. All the time. Just blinkered to that. People trying to take the moral high ground with stuff like this is weird. The whole league is littered with it, whatever club you support 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Rick said:

I don’t even dislike Kane, but to say that he isn’t a bit nasty on the pitch is weird. I’m sure Roy Keane is a great fella off the pitch with his friends and family, but he was still a bastard on the pitch. Every team has had those sort of players, it’s just part of the game. 

Kane gets away with it more than most, because the media have him as a complete darling. He’s untouchable at this point. 

‘Nasty’ hahah. That’s such an overreaction. 

And gets away with it is ridiculous too. Never known a player have to explain decisions and incidents post game as much as Kane does.  

33 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah, he’s lost it. Very odd way to behave 

You're the one trying to move heaven and earth to let us know how great Kane is because I said he's a fucking arsehole, then trying to bring in players who've played for us as though that means I can't have a fucking opinion on Harry Kane. Especially the anti-semitism shite xD - I had to google to see what the fuck you were even talking about and it was literally just a post asking for world leaders to "stop the killing of innocents."

Meanwhile, I can say things like: I love Steven Gerrard, but he's an absolute arsehole off the pitch. I love Andy Robertson and he is absolutely, 100% a fucking arsehole on the pitch. I think Harry Kane is world class and probably the best England player of my lifetime... and I think he's a fucking arsehole on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, Storts said:

Never known a player have to explain decisions and incidents post game as much as Kane does.  

It's... because he's got to explain how the fuck he got away with it on the pitch mate. If refs called it more often, like they should be doing, he wouldn't be having to make those explanations. And for the record, I've called it his signature move because he does it so often (because he's gotten away with it), not because I think he's invented the fucking move xD

In any case, I hope the fucking arsehole goes to Real Madrid or Bayern where he's guaranteed silverware, or he stays at Spurs and further cements himself as the best Spurs player in history. And not because I don't want him to win titles with City, or Chelsea, or United, or us (and I'd love Kane with us, even though I'm not sure he'd fit in that great with us)... but because if he's going to stay in England and break the top goalscorer record/win things, it'll mean more for him (and for Spurs fans) at his boyhood club.

So no, I don't have a vendetta against the guy. I actually think he's a world class player and respect that he's given so much to just one club. I just wish referees would not treat him with kid gloves so much.

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You're the one trying to move heaven and earth to let us know how great Kane is because I said he's a fucking arsehole, then trying to bring in players who've played for us as though that means I can't have a fucking opinion on Harry Kane. Especially the anti-semitism shite xD - I had to google to see what the fuck you were even talking about and it was literally just a post asking for world leaders to "stop the killing of innocents."

Meanwhile, I can say things like: I love Steven Gerrard, but he's an absolute arsehole off the pitch. I love Andy Robertson and he is absolutely, 100% a fucking arsehole on the pitch. I think Harry Kane is world class and probably the best England player of my lifetime... and I think he's a fucking arsehole on the pitch.

It's... because he's got to explain how the fuck he got away with it on the pitch mate. If refs called it more often, like they should be doing, he wouldn't be having to make those explanations. And for the record, I've called it his signature move because he does it so often (because he's gotten away with it), not because I think he's invented the fucking move xD

In any case, I hope the fucking arsehole goes to Real Madrid or Bayern where he's guaranteed silverware, or he stays at Spurs and further cements himself as the best Spurs player in history. And not because I don't want him to win titles with City, or Chelsea, or United, or us (and I'd love Kane with us, even though I'm not sure he'd fit in that great with us)... but because if he's going to stay in England and break the top goalscorer record/win things, it'll mean more for him (and for Spurs fans) at his boyhood club.

So no, I don't have a vendetta against the guy. I actually think he's a world class player and respect that he's given so much to just one club. I just wish referees would not treat him with kid gloves so much.

Because he is. I took exception to you calling him an arsehole because he’s about as far from that as a person. There’s so many unsavoury characters in this league and he just doesn’t come close to that. You never said “on the pitch” either, was just a blanket statement, and he gets enough hate as it is for the way he talks.

No idea what post you’re talking about for Salah. More the refusing to shake hands with Jewish players.

It’s just so untrue that’s why. He goes through far more scrutiny than any other player in the league. The amount of airtime Sky give him and decisions around him compared to other players is bizarre. That’s when they’re not constantly trying to sell him elsewhere. The media darling guff is just peddled by people with agendas against him. Let’s be honest liverpool fans don’t like him as a blanket statement ever since the 2-2 at anfield. And no one holds a grudge quite like scousers.

That’s all very well, but I stand by my original defence of him. That’s just not how I would describe him in the slightest. 

4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

This one still perplexes me. He could barely dribble, couldnt beat a single defender, couldnt shoot, couldnt string any passes together and was offside 50000000 times this season. 

That's because he was used to playing in a Mickey Mouse league. :ph34r:

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

No one holds a grudge like scousers’ don’t think that is gonna play out very well.

Why not? If you ever been on any form of social media, which I assume you have, then you’ll understand. Look at the way they are with Pickford too. 

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why not? If you ever been on any form of social media, which I assume you have, then you’ll understand. Look at the way they are with Pickford too. 

Ah man, you should know that people get defensive when you swing for their group as an outsider, especially more so when the group is one that gets a lot of negative stereotyping and bias.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Because he is. I took exception to you calling him an arsehole because he’s about as far from that as a person. There’s so many unsavoury characters in this league and he just doesn’t come close to that. You never said “on the pitch” either, was just a blanket statement, and he gets enough hate as it is for the way he talks.

No idea what post you’re talking about for Salah. More the refusing to shake hands with Jewish players.

It’s just so untrue that’s why. He goes through far more scrutiny than any other player in the league. The amount of airtime Sky give him and decisions around him compared to other players is bizarre. That’s when they’re not constantly trying to sell him elsewhere. The media darling guff is just peddled by people with agendas against him. Let’s be honest liverpool fans don’t like him as a blanket statement ever since the 2-2 at anfield. And no one holds a grudge quite like scousers.

That’s all very well, but I stand by my original defence of him. That’s just not how I would describe him in the slightest. 

I might not have said the words "on the pitch" but I did say "he'd get more red cards" ... so it's fucking implicit.

Let's also not conflate Israel with Jews, but also a teenaged Arab boy refusing to shake hands with Israelis (but instead fist-bumping them) isn't the weirdest thing in the world. Regardless of whatever anyone's political thoughts are... it's not hard to see why he's done that, but also came up with a way to not be a complete cock about it and acknowledge them during that customary handshake time. Meanwhile people (granted, it's morons on social media) have harped on about him being antisemetic back when he expressed concern about Gaza (the most densely populated place in the world) being indescriminately bombed. I think conflating Israel with Jews though is a good way of getting Jews who don't live in Israel getting associated with some of the more repugnant shit they do in their efforts to have a safe home for Jewish people & is used as a way of promoting antisemitism. And I say this as someone who thinks: 1.) Israelis/Jews should be allowed to live in peace in their historic ethnic homelands (which tbh doesn't just include Israel, but also the countries where Jews faced pogroms and had to flee) 2.) Palestinians should also be allowed to live in peace in their historic homelands.

And back to Kane, he gets away with a lot - I think it's only fair the media ask him about it from time to time.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

No one holds a grudge like scousers’ don’t think that is gonna play out very well.

"Always the victims" probably gonna be paraded out next

To lighten the mood, let's discuss the pros of Kane going to Bayern:

1.) Bayern can play a front 3 of: Mane Kane Sane, which is mildly entertaining

2.) If this trio is really good and the social media crowd gives it one of those 3 letter nicknames (like MSN for Messi, Suarez, Neymar)... this presents the opportunity for the KMS front 3, which is also mildly entertaining

C'mon Levy, do it for the mild entertainment.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

To lighten the mood, let's discuss the pros of Kane going to Bayern:

1.) Bayern can play a front 3 of: Mane Kane Sane, which is mildly entertaining

2.) If this trio is really good and the social media crowd gives it one of those 3 letter nicknames (like MSN for Messi, Suarez, Neymar)... this presents the opportunity for the KMS front 3, which is also mildly entertaining

C'mon Levy, do it for the mild entertainment.

Do we have to call him Kané to match. Id think so.

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Gotta love it though that Bayern have enough spending power, without a sugar daddy, to maybe get one of the best players from the mother of all sugar daddy leagues. 

What? Because they've bid for one player from the Premier League? Hardly a change in the tide.

Just now, Whiskey said:

What? Because they've bid for one player from the Premier League? Hardly a change in the tide.

Not a change in the tide by all means. But I think it's a good sign for a change that you can be without an artificial sugar daddy and still get things done with money you have actually earned. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Not a change in the tide by all means. But I think it's a good sign for a change that you can be without an artificial sugar daddy and still get things done with money you have actually earned. 

I take your point. But only from the club that has also been run in exactly the same way. Not like they’re buying from one of the artificial clubs 

and also still don’t think Bayern will cough up enough money to tempt Levy to sell 

• The title was changed to Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich