talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leandro Trossard - Arsenal Complete Transfer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah he's been shit as a Fantasy pick for a while, had to sub him out. I think Trossard would be a good move for Spurs, adds depth and would be fairly affordable seeing as he only has a 1 year extension left on his contract

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Trossard and Tielemans have both been giving very little, Trossard obviously hoped he did enough to get teams interested before the world cup, nothing happened now he is on an ego trip.  typical spursy

Tielemans is the only one of our players that is actually trying since the World Cup. 

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Danny said:

Don't get how Trossard is the one being pulled apart here, the manager has been publicly digging him out, leaving him out of the team and his response his hardly criminal all things considered.

Wasn't happy about being played and the manager seemed to refuse to speak to him or at least explain why. And then Trossard chose to leave seemingly without the permission of his boss/club...

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wasn't happy about being played and the manager seemed to refuse to speak to him or at least explain why. And then Trossard chose to leave seemingly without the permission of his boss/club...

Where is this?

A footballer is an employee, employee's have and obligation to place themselves at the service of the employer and to comply with all lawful and reasonable instruction.  Instruction to play is about as reasonable as it gets.   Refusal to comply and the show of insolence is a reneging on the contract of employment.   I wish fifa and uefa will address this and where players renege,  the club has the power to terminate without pay and possibly claim damages against the player for finding suitable alternatives.    That will stop player bullshit fast when they have to pay 30-40% of a replacement players fee. 

I would find it very weird that Spurs would look to sign another front three player when the more alarming problems are elsewhere on the pitch.

Don't get me wrong, decent player. Only strengthens what they have with Kane, Son, Kukusevski, Richarlison etc.

But for me, it's a luxury signing if it happens and I don't think Spurs can afford that luxury at this moment in time. They should be addressing more important areas IMO.

27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I would find it very weird that Spurs would look to sign another front three player when the more alarming problems are elsewhere on the pitch.

Don't get me wrong, decent player. Only strengthens what they have with Kane, Son, Kukusevski, Richarlison etc.

But for me, it's a luxury signing if it happens and I don't think Spurs can afford that luxury at this moment in time. They should be addressing more important areas IMO.

spurs need a RB and CB

Would be a really good signing for Arsenal, helps strengthen them both this season with the loss of Jesus but also in the upcoming seasons with Champions League football.

They clearly lack options off the bench and they will need that to go on and win the league.

• The title was changed to Leandro Trossard - Close to Arsenal Transfer

Good business from Arsenal.

They have took advantage of one of Brighton's best players in the last year of his contract and signed him for probably half what Brighton would ask in normal circumstances (Going off the fee's for Cucurella and White)

Ok, they didn't get the Ukrainian lad but he is going to need time to adapt. There's no guarantees he'll smash it here, at least with Trossard he is proven here already, speaks English and you'd think, would settle into the system well.

Also offers them some more flexibility now. Nketiah was literally the sole option up top but they can play Martinelli there now also and have cover for his wide left position.

With Smith-Rowe slowly coming back too, it's been a good time to strengthen the numbers.

On 14/01/2023 at 12:36, OrangeKhrush said:

A footballer is an employee, employee's have and obligation to place themselves at the service of the employer and to comply with all lawful and reasonable instruction.  Instruction to play is about as reasonable as it gets.   Refusal to comply and the show of insolence is a reneging on the contract of employment.   I wish fifa and uefa will address this and where players renege,  the club has the power to terminate without pay and possibly claim damages against the player for finding suitable alternatives.    That will stop player bullshit fast when they have to pay 30-40% of a replacement players fee. 

I think players get bonuses which they probably loose if they do that. In any normal job you can walk out with any legal issues. Players refusing to play is quite rare I think. Players not being entirely focused becaue another club is interested is understandable I think. 

• The title was changed to Leandro Trossard - Arsenal Complete Transfer

Archived