talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Man Utd - Wednesday 18th January, 2023

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg        VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
22/05/2022 - Crystal Palace 1-0 Man Utd
05/12/2021 - Man Utd 1-0 Crystal Palace
03/03/2021 - Crystal Palace 0-0 Man Utd

Recent Form
Crystal Palace - LLLWL
Man Utd - WWWWW

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Danny said:

Tactically what is your teams problem currently?

I'll rank them in order of problem:

- The Doucoure/Schlupp combination is not working. Teams have figured out if you get two midfielders to press Doucoure were screwed because were so reliant on him to do everything in central midfield. We're relying on him to be a playmaker, a ball carrier, and then off the ball be a ball winning midfielder and an anchor man at the same time. He's very good but he's not superman. Jeffrey Schlupp next to him is not working. Try a Will Hughes until we can bring someone in.

- We haven't signed anybody to play the 'Gallagher role'. We miss his press, intensity and general shithousery around the pitch. He was a great player for us but he wasn't irreplaceable and its disappointing we haven't identified a suitable replacement.

- Vieira's front line experiment. He's persisting with Ayew on the right, Olise in the middle, Eze on the left and Zaha upfront. Zaha is better cutting in on the left, Olise is better cutting in on the right, Eze's played his best football in a free role, Jordan Ayew is the only player we have capable of playing with his back to goal. Zaha's been asked/forced to play with his back to goal the last five games and has largely been anonymous. We also have this player named Odsonne Edouard whose not been given a run in the team.

- Lack of squad depth. Other than Edouard we have nobody on the bench that makes you think 'we can change the game if we bring on...'.  In game substitutions are a problem but I think this tallys up with a lack of options.

- Intensity drops in the second half. I haven't seen the figures but it feels like we have collapsed in over half our games in the second half.

6 hours ago, MUFC said:

Have a shit feeling about this game.

It’s because we’ve been so fucking shit for so long that we’ve been conditioned to think that the players will switch off as it’s only Palace and should be a walk over. 

Guaranteed loss tonight xD

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-1 Man Utd - Wednesday 18th January, 2023
  • The title was changed to Crystal Palace 1-1 Man Utd - Wednesday 18th January, 2023

Gotta say I think if Palace had even a half decent CF then they’d be giving United problems all night.

Eze completely changed the game and that free-kick is phenomenal.

Any talk of United winning the league needs to be shelved imo, it’s a good team and they’re moving in a food direction but Arsenal and City are on a different level.

Gutted, where do we start tonight. I'd love to know how many balls were lost attempting long passes or through balls. I didn't feel they tried to get the ball into Weghorsts feet enough and both wingers had poor games.

Antony is really doing my head in, I'm not actually sure what he's good at to justify his signing.

Having said that I always viewed this as a banana skin, tonight we came crashing back down to earth, if we can muster a result at Arsenal it would be fantastic but I'd be surprised if we don't get beat without Casamiro.

I'd take a draw right now.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

Gutted, where do we start tonight. I'd love to know how many balls were lost attempting long passes or through balls. I didn't feel they tried to get the ball into Weghorsts feet enough and both wingers had poor games.

Antony is really doing my head in, I'm not actually sure what he's good at to justify his signing.

Having said that I always viewed this as a banana skin, tonight we came crashing back down to earth, if we can muster a result at Arsenal it would be fantastic but I'd be surprised if we don't get beat without Casamiro.

I'd take a draw right now.

Luxury player isn't he. He's going to do it when he feels like it, when it's 'comfortable'. I can't see him lasting long if his workrate doesn't up a notch.

It's funny how some players come straight in and just 'get it' straight away. They buy into the ethos of a club and the fans can see it. And then others, the penny doesn't drop.

He doesn't quite seem to understand the minimum that is required at the moment and I think Bruno condeming him on the pitch and giving him verbals is a bad sign to what your going to get with him.

Archived