• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-2 Leeds - Wednesday 8th February, 2023

football forums

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wank result for us. Only thing to take from it is that we cannot continue to view these fixtures against the top 7 as bonus fixtures, because they're tough but not impossible.

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

Cup, top 4 and I'm happy.

That comeback was further sign of progress.

Disappointed but also a realist, we're a work in progress. 

Dropping points like this hurt the chances of top four, Newcastle and Spurs are hanging around.

7 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Dropping points like this hurt the chances of top four, Newcastle and Spurs are hanging around.

We're good enough for top four, I'm not concerned about that because of one draw. Spurs drop points regular and Newcastle draw a fair bit.

I'm with @Devil on this, surely coming back from 2 goals down to get a point is a good thing. Obviously United would be expecting and wanting a win here, but when you go down 2 goals... pre-match expectations go out the window and surely watching the side come back from a losing position to get a point is an overall positive.

Things could be much worse if they just go down a few goals and look like they've got no response... like us this fucking season.

We just can't buy a win. I'll take a point obviously, never thought we'd get that, but at 2-0 it was a chance and we're unlucky that free kick hits the post at 2-1. We badly need a win to get going.

What I will say is this. Anyone whose watched that game tonight from start to finish and seen the play we are capable of, you can see we have quality going forward. We have got to take advantage of situations more though, blew a couple moments there where the right pass would have set up a great chance.

It's frustrating that we can look good at times and yet there's teams around us that a lot poorer going forward but survive on a solid defence. But thats Football.

Don't forget we lost Sinisterra in the first few minutes too, pretty unlucky there as he's a massive player. Hope to god he's not out long, I just want to see us able to field an XI like this more often.

Adams and McKennie were excellent together, hope thats a good sign of things to come. They should dominate games against lower opposition.

Sadly I think it plays in their hands having back to back games with us. We looked knackered after 70mins, ran out of steam badly due to how much we put into that and I dont think we're in a position to rotate too much. They can and I'm sure they'll have learnt not to start either half too sluggish again.

48 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We just can't buy a win. I'll take a point obviously, never thought we'd get that, but at 2-0 it was a chance and we're unlucky that free kick hits the post at 2-1. We badly need a win to get going.

What I will say is this. Anyone whose watched that game tonight from start to finish and seen the play we are capable of, you can see we have quality going forward. We have got to take advantage of situations more though, blew a couple moments there where the right pass would have set up a great chance.

It's frustrating that we can look good at times and yet there's teams around us that a lot poorer going forward but survive on a solid defence. But thats Football.

Don't forget we lost Sinisterra in the first few minutes too, pretty unlucky there as he's a massive player. Hope to god he's not out long, I just want to see us able to field an XI like this more often.

Adams and McKennie were excellent together, hope thats a good sign of things to come. They should dominate games against lower opposition.

Sadly I think it plays in their hands having back to back games with us. We looked knackered after 70mins, ran out of steam badly due to how much we put into that and I dont think we're in a position to rotate too much. They can and I'm sure they'll have learnt not to start either half too sluggish again.

Dunno, no Eriksen and no Casemiro has hurt us, Sabitzer grew into the game but looked shell-shocked for the first 15 minutes.

Garnacho is an impact player, I expect Sancho and Antony if fit to start at weekend with Rashford through the middle.

8 minutes ago, Devil said:

Dunno, no Eriksen and no Casemiro has hurt us, Sabitzer grew into the game but looked shell-shocked for the first 15 minutes.

Garnacho is an impact player, I expect Sancho and Antony if fit to start at weekend with Rashford through the middle.

Weirdly as it sounds, I think Adams and McKennie win the midfield battle against Fred and Sabitzer.

But I also think you'll suit being away and seeing the ball less. We will be very susceptible to the the counter attack and as you say, plays right into Sancho/Antony and Rashford's hands.

We've put a lot into that tonight, physically and emotionally. It's very hard to do that twice in such a short space of time. 

9 hours ago, Devil said:

Sabitzer has only played 10 minutes I think since November. First half he did have the confidence to try some long range shots which is a positive.

53 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Sabitzer has only played 10 minutes I think since November. First half he did have the confidence to try some long range shots which is a positive.

Yeah, I really liked the way he shaped his body to curl that left footed effort. 

He can only get better in my eyes. 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 2-2 Leeds - Wednesday 8th February, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived