talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2023 Predictions League

football forum

Pole Position - Which driver will post the fastest lap in Q3?

Max Verstappen

Podium - Which drivers will finish the Grand Prix in the top three positions?

1. Max Verstappen

2. Lewis Hamilton

3. Charles Leclerc

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Guanyu Zhou.

16th

Bonus Question - How many cars will fail to beclassified in the Sprint Race on Saturday?

On 01/11/2023 at 16:11, RandoEFC said:

Predictions - Brazilian Grand Prix

I feel like we've been inundated with sprints lately! Deadline is Friday qualifying.

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

Pole Position - Which driver will post the fastest lap in Q3?

VER

1. VER

2. SAI

3. HAM

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Guanyu Zhou.

P12

Bonus Question - How many cars will fail to be classified in the Sprint Race on Saturday?

On 01/11/2023 at 16:11, RandoEFC said:

Predictions - Brazilian Grand Prix

I feel like we've been inundated with sprints lately! Deadline is Friday qualifying.

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

Max

1. Max

2. Russell

3. Hamilton

Bonus Question - How many cars will fail to be classified in the Sprint Race on Saturday?

I wanted to put Russell for pole but everyone has gone for Max. If Russell doesn't get pole then it will put me 5 points down early in the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Results - Brazilian Grand Prix

1740729512_ScreenShot2023-11-13at10_59_17.thumb.png.55273feaba50089e327f0776a4e969d0.png

I'm in a bit of a hurry to get this posted so forgive the brief nature of it.

Let's get the boring part out of the way - everyone bagged 10 points to start off with due to another Verstappen pole/win double. This was all that @RandoEFC, @MUFC, @Whiskey and @DeadLinesman could muster for this weekend.

@OrangeKhrush and @nudge successfully backed up Verstappen's P1 with another P2 for Lando Norris, scoring another 5 points each, while @Stan and @The Palace Fan missed out the McLaren driver's podium position by 1 and had to settle for 2 points each. Nobody predicted a top three finish for Fernando Alonso.

Random driver Guanyu Zhou failed to finish this weekend's Grand Prix, but as he outlasted three other drivers, he has been assigned "17th place" as I think I stated in the rules at the beginning of last season (deal with it if you don't like it). @The Palace Fan and @Coma therefore grab 5 points each for this prediction.

Finally, only @Tommy was brave enough to back all 20 drivers to finish the Sprint Race on Saturday, so he gets a big fat 5 points all to himself for the bonus question.

Here's what the table looks like now:

31868321_ScreenShot2023-11-13at10_59_03.thumb.png.6048a27d9c277025c6ef0addbf663c07.png

There isn't actually any position changes in the Drivers' standings but @Stan and @Coma have made another small dent in @RandoEFC's lead at the top with just two races remaining.

In the Constructors', another poor week from @RandoEFC and @DeadLinesman sees them lose top spot, with Mercedes and Ferrari leapfrogging them. Meanwhile, Alpine's due of @OrangeKhrush and @The Palace Fan were the top scorers for a second week running and could still make a late charge for the title.

But did somebody say something about a bonus update?

I've had a quick look at some of the pre-season predictions to see how those points could pan out. Here's a little preview:

1830314438_ScreenShot2023-11-13at11_08_41.thumb.png.edb4c94671ff19de1548fa77c5d13a9c.png

Nearly everyone will bag 40 points for calling both title winners correctly, but @Tommy and @Whiskey will have to get ready to get well and truly shafted when the final points are added for having faith in Ferrari. They should both get 10 points each for Ferrari finishing in the top three in the Constructors', but Leclerc seems unlikely to rescue even these points for @Whiskey.

The "Drivers to Win a Race" and "Constructors to Score a Podium" are worth 10 points each for an exact answer and 5 points consolation for the closest guess. We currently have three different race winners in 2023 (Piastri's Sprint doesn't count) so @RandoEFC, @MUFC, @nudge and @The Palace Fan should be on track for 5 points here - make it 10 in the unlikely event that the last two races both see new winners. @Tommy and @nudge are currently on track to win 10 points for the Constructors' to score a podium (Red Bull, Mclaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Aston Martin and Alpine) but a shock podium for Haas, Williams, Alpha Tauri or Alfa Romeo would see these points swing instead to @DeadLinesman.

There's also 10 points for Most Retirements and 10 points for picking the winner in the most team championship battles up for grabs but they take a bit more work to figure out so I haven't looked into those yet.

Las Vegas predictions will be posted tomorrow!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Predictions - Las Vegas Grand Prix

It's another odd schedule this weekend. Deadline is the start of qualifying on Friday night/Saturday morning depending where you are in the world. Two to go!

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

[INSERT DRIVER]

1. [INSERT DRIVER]

2. [INSERT DRIVER]

3. [INSERT DRIVER]

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Sergio Perez.

[INSERT POSITION]

Bonus Question - Which driver will be the 'overachiever of the weekend'? This will be measured by comparing each driver's finishing position with their championship position before the race. E.G. Oscar Piastri sits 9th in the standings. If he finishes the race in 3rd he has "overachieved" by 6 places. I hope that makes sense.

[INSERT DRIVER]

• Subscriber

VER

1. VER

2. NOR

3. HAM

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Sergio Perez.

P4

Bonus Question - Which driver will be the 'overachiever of the weekend'? This will be measured by comparing each driver's finishing position with their championship position before the race. E.G. Oscar Piastri sits 9th in the standings. If he finishes the race in 3rd he has "overachieved" by 6 places. I hope that makes sense.

RIC

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's another odd schedule this weekend. Deadline is the start of qualifying on Friday night/Saturday morning depending where you are in the world. Two to go!

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

PIA

1. PIA

2. HAM

3. NOR

P4

MAG

With the Leclerc WC gamble not paying off I need to find some points from somewhere. 

Edited by Whiskey

• Subscriber

Max Verstappen

1. Max Verstappen

2. Sergio Perez

3. Charles Leclerc

2nd

Yuki Tsunoda

• Administrator

Verstappen

1. Verstappen

2. Hamilton

3. Perez

4th

Ricciardo

On 14/11/2023 at 18:49, RandoEFC said:

[INSERT DRIVER]

1. [INSERT DRIVER]

2. [INSERT DRIVER]

3. [INSERT DRIVER]

[INSERT POSITION]

[INSERT DRIVER]

Verstappen

Verstappen

Norris

Leclerc 

5th

Ricciardo

Charles Leclerc

1. Max Verstappen

2. Sergio Perez

3. Charles Leclerc

2nd

Daniel Ricciardo

Pole Position - Which driver will post the fastest lap in Q3?

Verstappen

Podium - Which drivers will finish the Grand Prix in the top three positions?

1. Verstappen

2. Perez

3. Norris

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Sergio Perez.

2nd

Bonus Question - Which driver will be the 'overachiever of the weekend'? This will be measured by comparing each driver's finishing position with their championship position before the race. E.G. Oscar Piastri sits 9th in the standings. If he finishes the race in 3rd he has "overachieved" by 6 places. I hope that makes sense.

Gasly

Stan

Posted Wednesday at 09:13 · IP 

Verstappen

1. Verstappen

2. Hamilton

3. Norris

4th

Ricciardo

On 14/11/2023 at 13:49, RandoEFC said:

Verstappen

1. Verstappen 

2. Norris

3. Hamilton 

P6

Ricciardo

On 14/11/2023 at 18:49, RandoEFC said:

Charles

1. Max

2. Charles

3. Perez

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Sergio Perez.[INSE

3rd

Ricciardo

19 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Stan

Posted Wednesday at 09:13 · IP 

Verstappen

1. Verstappen

2. Hamilton

3. Norris

4th

Ricciardo

Stan on pole?

• Haha 1