talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 35 Fixtures - 6-8th May, 2023

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

GOOOOOAL Doucoure!

Best possible start for Everton, now they just have to hold on to their lead and play sensibly. Leicester City's loss will no doubt have also given the Everton players a bit of a psychological boost going into this game. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brighton look miles off this and the atmosphere sounds very flat. It feels like it's going to be a bit of a slog for them this. You just wonder if the minutes in the legs are catching up with them.

Have to give Everton credit though, they have looked dangerous on the counter and I can see another goal in them to be fair.

It should have been four.

Credit to Everton, I thought they looked better against Leicester and they've been brilliant so far.

It massively hurts our own situation but I can't help but give another side credit if they deserve it and Everton certainly do. Been on it from the kick off and done what they had to do and some.

De Zerbi's paid for being too clever. They aren't the same when Caicedo fills in at RB and March is on the bench.

Looks like 2 from Leicester, Forest and Us currently with Forest yet to play. Jeez.

• Subscriber

I did not expect that, needless to say. It's Everton though so I'm still nervous at 3-0.

We've deserved it though. Even at one point when they were on 90% possession, we looked more likely to score. This is what I expected more of from us under Dyche which went missing for a while after the Chelsea and Spurs draws. An effective game plan to deal with the opposition and Brighton have surprisingly played right into our hands.

Can't fault any of our players so far but I do think Patterson needs to get a bit tighter to Mitoma at times. He's the only one that's really looked dangerous for Brighton. What a signing he's been by the way. Plucking a player of that quality straight out of the Japanese League has to go down as one of the very best scouting achievements in recent memory.

McNeil will be happy that he has scored and notched the 4th goal. But along with the 3 points, this big win must give some of the Everton players a huge psychological boost going into their last 3 games of the season. I don't think they will expect to get much out of the Man City match, but they will be very confident going up against Wolves and Bournemouth. 

Archived