talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 35 Fixtures - 6-8th May, 2023

• Subscriber

23% possession and we've won 5-1. Utterly hilarious match. We're not out of it yet by a long shot but that shifted the needle right in our favour along with Leicester's defeat.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

23% possession and we've won 5-1. Utterly hilarious match. We're not out of it yet by a long shot but that shifted the needle right in our favour along with Leicester's defeat.

At this point tiredness and squad depth comes into play, DCL looks fit you have a chance now, before you were totally screwed

That's absolutely massive, best case scenario was being in touching distance of 17th after Brighton and City as I thought we'd lose both, as it happens we've got an unexpected three points. 

Should still be in the mix with defeat to City, which will then set us up for Wolves and Bournemouth which when we're fighting for our lives should be winnable. 

Leeds & Forest back in it, think Leicester will have just enough.

I think Everton will have the momentum they need to get them through the relegation battle now. 5 goals against a good Brighton side is something that I think will give them belief needed to get those results needed to stay up. Leicester look hopeless at the moment. Forest are shit, but they're scrappy and I feel like they can get enough points to stay up. I think with Leeds, maybe if they'd brought Fat Sam in earlier they'd be able to save themselves... but something about the situation tells me it's too little too late for them.

• Subscriber

Forest were always likely to win that although I'm still annoyed about it because they're shite and it sounded like they were on the back foot for much of the game. I know we've just gone and got a win like that but I swear every win they get is outrageously unlikely.

Bad weekend for Leeds even though losing to City was pretty much already priced in. Disastrous one for Leicester though, absolutely disastrous.

Relegation and top 4 battles are both mental.

United in free fall, Newcastle stumbling. Brighton hopes gone.

And the maddest relegation battle ever. Southampton gone but the rest are all still in it regardless of todsys results.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s turns on a knife edge mate, don’t give up hope although it’s looking bleak for you. 

Just don't see how we win a game. Given Everton and Forest's wins, they've got a bit of momentum. Epic wins when you think about it. 

It seems like we'll probably lose the next two. I don't even think a win vs West Ham is enough now on the final day. If we even win that. 

• Subscriber

We're beyond analysis at this point. We're so bad it's barely believable that there are two teams that are below us. I certainly wonder if Southampton are just a bit unlucky, because on the eye test they don't look a poorer team than us to me. I give them a much greater chance of bouncing back up than I do us.

Didn't carry much optimism into the game as this team has demonstrated time and time again that it's disgustingly overrated, but once again despite my low expectations we still manage to fall so far short. If you're 3-0 down to a Fulham side who have nothing to play for, who are missing key players at half time while you need a win, you are definitely going down.

It's been a great ride, but what an absolutely pathetic and meek way to exit this league. I hope given how long the media and whatnot have spent pretending we'd get out of this that they give them the same panning that these standards should expect. I want them absolutely humiliated, made into joke figures for this.

We have rapidly gone from the feel good story of football to a crisis club. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say we could go the way of Sunderland. People will baulk at that, but there was a time when people would've baulked at the idea that Sunderland could do a Wolves and go down two years running. What I have learned about this club at the minute is that whatever pessimism you could predict for us, we are truly capable of going far worse.

We will get absolutely drilled by Liverpool and Newcastle in the next two games. Likely confirmed as relegated in the latter. Then the spineless shithouses will go and probably beat West Ham seeing as there's no pressure on it anymore. I'll go to that game and I'll boo every goal we score, if we manage any.

Absolute scumbags. I hope this wrecks some of their careers. I hope it scars them for life. Absolute failures.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They're signing Maddison. Accept your fate. :ph34r:

Good. Expect plenty of goals and performances early in the season. Beware of the business end of the season though. Don't go sending him any nasty tweets either. He can't handle anything that tough.

Soft arse. He embodies everything about this team.

• Subscriber

It was partially down to our good performance but it amazed me last night how easy to beat Brighton's defence were. Dwight McNeil is no Usain Bolt. Iwobi, Doucoure and Calvert-Lewin are reasonably fast but there are much faster attackers in the league. Every time we went forward, our players just carried the ball past them as if they weren't there. None of their midfielders were capable of tracking Doucoure's runs on the break.

I know they had an off-night, but it reminded me of us playing an idiotic high line with Michael Keane and Ashley Williams as our centre half pairing with Andre Gomes and Allan "shielding the defence". Mad how easy they were to score against given their league position.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I think Gurinder was making light on hard times but fair play for some good ol banter.

"I am proper elite, I am Gurinder"  

She's on every week.

She's a fucking tit. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived