talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

football forum

18 minutes ago, Devil said:

Watched the clip about 20 times, against hwr will my arse.

If she didn't want to kiss him or was disgusted by him she could have turned her cheek.

Might just want to take her statement as a fact, mate.

• Upvote 1

I had not realised to begin with that there are 2 of them. Both the head coach & the Spanish FA boss.

I read somewhere Luis Rubiales immediate celebration involved grabbing his own crotch region. Presumably the way he might have punched the air back in 2010 for Iniesta.

The coach, Jorge Vilda, the 1 with the open hotel room door policy, is now the only member of the coaching team who has not resigned over Rubiales.

I like the banners of the SC Freiburg fans today:

"Power relations played out A+ again. Women win World Cup - toxic masculinity on everyone's lips"

9b52de24a6782a2f5cab80f4c1900777,a2ecb61

And there was one against former FC Bayern Chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, who said "When you become world champion, you are emotional. And what he (Rubiales) did there is - sorry, with respect - absolutely okay."

fbl-ger-bundesliga-freiburg-werder-breme

And Freiburg's fans had a banner that said "Fist instead of kiss for Rubiales and Rummenigge. sorry, with respect, absolutely okay" 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

The problem here isn't just the kiss really it bleeds into other places where this kind of behavior has been subjected to the women of the Spanish NT and they've literally put up with it for a long time now. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

For anyone interested about the character and history of Rubiales with the Spanish FA... 

You don't become an abuser overnight or with an inadvertent non-consensual 'kiss'. It's because the environment around you hasn't stopped your behaviour and told you it's wrong, so you begin to learn to push the boundaries and realise you can get away with a shit load more if you have corrupt individuals backing your every move. 

The RFEF are just enablers on a grand scale. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

For anyone interested about the character and history of Rubiales with the Spanish FA... 

You don't become an abuser overnight or with an inadvertent non-consensual 'kiss'. It's because the environment around you hasn't stopped your behaviour and told you it's wrong, so you begin to learn to push the boundaries and realise you can get away with a shit load more if you have corrupt individuals backing your every move. 

The RFEF are just enablers on a grand scale. 

You already think he's a piece of shit, but the more you read about him, he becomes an even bigger piece of shit. 

• Subscriber

Firstly, what? Secondly, what?

Strip them of every title they've ever won under a UEFA banner and then I'd like FIFA to step in and say the same. It's really about who plays chicken first now and it's almost like the Spanish FA are okay with Rubiales's behavior and are blindly supporting a known offender. Disgusting.   

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I'm guessing he's involved in the current scandal?

The players complained and protested him months ago. Apparently they aren't allowed to lock their hotel doors when with the national team, and their bags are randomply searched among other things. 

Rubiales, sentenced to having his child support payments for his daughters doubled: he had refused even after seeing a 880% salary increase.

https://www.lasexta.com/noticias/deportes/futbol/rubiales-condenado-duplicar-pension-sus-hijas-nego-pesar-aumentar-sueldo-880_2023090764fa3e8e7caa7b0001b16b13.html

• Facepalm 1

• The topic was unpinned