talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Martin Tyler to Leave Sky Sports

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Makes me think they'll get rid of Soccer Saturday, or perhaps reduce the coverage of it, with how many journalists have also been told they can go. Bianca Westwood, Jaydee Dyer, Dickie Davis, Johnny Phillips, Guy Havord were all regulars on Soccer Saturday. 

Don't mind Tyler leaving. He'd been stale for absolutely ages. Drury would be perfect. 

I’m glad they’re getting rid of Shreeves too, he never asks questions that relate to the tactics behind a game, how it flowed etc, always after a drama filled headline. Sky in general has become really tiring.

I think they’re going to lean more down the route of youtubers tbh, which can be fun because its fans watching fans, but you dont go to youtube for football analysis.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Danny said:

I’m glad they’re getting rid of Shreeves too, he never asks questions that relate to the tactics behind a game, how it flowed etc, always after a drama filled headline. Sky in general has become really tiring.

I think they’re going to lean more down the route of youtubers tbh, which can be fun because its fans watching fans, but you dont go to youtube for football analysis.

Ugh. No thanks. It'll be biased as fuck and ridiculously cheesy and cringe. 

8 hours ago, Danny said:

Not quite the same, but didn't Sky do that a while back with the fan commentary?

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Ugh. No thanks. It'll be biased as fuck and ridiculously cheesy and cringe. 

Yeah not for me. Honestly the best option is just to get La Liga TV and listen to Graham Hunter, miles and miles ahead of most pundits we have in the UK.

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not quite the same, but didn't Sky do that a while back with the fan commentary?

They did but I think that was cause it was middle aged men who deliver zero fan engagement.

Best commentator in the industry. Downside is he might not not be covering European competitions if he has an exclusive deal. 

Thought with the TNT rebrand, he may be promoted over Darren Fletcher as their main commentator.

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

They should try and get McCoist in the door as well. Him and Drury are brilliant together. 

Great shout. McCoist has rarely, if ever, disappointed when on comms. 

13 hours ago, Rick said:

They should try and get McCoist in the door as well. Him and Drury are brilliant together. 

He does but they are never going to limit Neville and Carragher's co-coms for the main slots.

I actually think if TNT Sports are lining up Laura Woods as the flagship presenter, they should get someone like Jon Champion to do their games with McCoist as co commentary then.

These two worked so well together at the World Cup and on Amazon's coverage.

Archived