talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game is BACK

football forum

• Administrator
On 23/07/2023 at 00:08, Dan said:

Basically, anyone who enters is given an imaginary £10 bet to place on either a single or double for the week

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Well, here goes, I am useless at betting and wish my son was here, so...

Brentford 3-1 Spurs - Bet £2
Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic - Bet £5 

O.o :shutup: :eek:

£10 to bet, John!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

I take it as that?...so a double on those 2 

Brentford 3-1 Spurs 
Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic 

I thought I'd put those into Skybet just to get the odds...

1070-1 xD

Tenner wins him £10,710,00.

The most amazing thing about the way John has approached this game is that he's going for the Worldy bet. He does not come off the tee till he nails a hole in one.

One win like that and he win's it, that simple lads xD

Go on John boy.

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I thought I'd put those into Skybet just to get the odds...

1070-1 xD

Tenner wins him £10,710,00.

The most amazing thing about the way John has approached this game is that he's going for the Worldy bet. He does not come off the tee till he nails a hole in one.

One win like that and he win's it, that simple lads xD

Go on John boy.

mind-blown.gif

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I take it as that?...so a double on those 2 

Brentford 3-1 Spurs 
Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic 

This better not bloody win but you can have this if you wish xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Stan said:

Am I the only one that won this weekend? 

You are unless somebody comes in at the last minute today and has something on a game tonight. I have my doubts though. I came extremely close but I lost in the best possible way.

Full table coming later.

• Subscriber

image.thumb.png.1c2d09c0feddcaff26feb0c7786929d0.png

And we're off again after around 4/5 years of absence, and we're back with a.. well, less a bang and more a clap, if even that in all honesty.

@Stan delivers the only opening weekend winner, with the two shortest priced picks of the week proving to be the way forward this time. Sensible picks on the whole as Celtic were always likely to win and you could never trust a Rodgers side to keep the goals out. Dorking were probably the best team in the country for goals last season and they've started this season in the form of last season, with a 4-3 defeat at Chesterfield which actually sells the bet almost short in a way. I did the same thing last week for Hamburg v Schalke, I won on over 3.5 and it paid out with a 5-3 xD could've gone much higher.

Coventry City have blood on their hands for the whole balance of the forum, as their collapse at Leicester cost @Storts a very big win (talk about killing two birds with one stone), and their failure to even hold onto a draw cost me too. But as I have stated I think three times now) I think I'm going to take the hypothetical money loss over dropping points to them at home in our opening game, so once Southampton had delivered, I was going to win in some form. Storts' pick of Ipswich to win at Sunderland is the weeks best selection - with just 4 out of the 13 in total winning, which is a slow start.

@...Dan's teams were both beaten, Bordeaux thumped 3-0 at Pau tonight in a genuine surprise result, and KV Kortrijk couldn't back their decent showing at Genk with anything here after losing 0-1 to Sint-Truiden - a team who in my experience were the low scorers of a high scoring league.

@Lucas matched this with another two comfortable losses. Wycombe going down 0-3 to Exeter, 2 of them coming in the first 4 minutes, and Oxford losing to a depleted Cambridge 2-0. @Pyfishdid at least manage to avoid defeat with one of his two picks, but his double whammy comes by the fact he picked both of his teams to win at home and neither managed it.

We wrap up with @RandoEFC making what I believe was a schoolboy error to take Man City to win the Community Shield at a pretty low price. I annoyingly backed Arsenal to win in 90 minutes so I got the same outcome though ultimately. Rando picking the shortest priced team, and the odds of the selections picked is how I've ranked 2 to 7 if you noticed, although that can't really be stuck with as a sorting order and in truth, it's just 6 baldies fighting over a comb anyway.

1 winner out of 7

4 winning selections out of 13

The forum collectively loses £49.60 this week, it cannot be dressed up as anything other than a shocker. But well done to Stan. Week two begins tomorrow so get your selections in!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

What's the cut off for this week? :)

Each week will run Tuesday to Monday due to football being the dominant pick and Monday night football being a thing here and Europe. 

• Upvote 1

@Dan

I don't want to complicate anything for you but was just thinking, if you placed a winning bet in midweek, could you use that tenner to bet again the weekend as it won?

Likewise if you bet in midweek and lost, you couldnt get chance at the weekend?

Just a thought, don't want to create any more work for you.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber
On 08/08/2023 at 15:38, Lucas said:

@Dan

I don't want to complicate anything for you but was just thinking, if you placed a winning bet in midweek, could you use that tenner to bet again the weekend as it won?

Likewise if you bet in midweek and lost, you couldnt get chance at the weekend?

Just a thought, don't want to create any more work for you.

For now, I'll keep it how it is, but I'm not ruling this out down the line. We'll see how people find it like this.

If it isn't clear though - you are well within your rights to double a game on say, Tuesday night and then another at the weekend. That's fine.

• Subscriber

My two...

image.png.4a0fae19bb806af9ac4e9169a542fa84.png

I'm taking Bournemouth and Brentford to win this weekend.

Bournemouth are the team I think I rate the most compared to the bookies, who generally have them floating about 16th/17th and I personally think they'll be well clear of it. I think their recruitment has been low key pretty decent in 2023 while West Ham seem to have just totally buckled, and that's on the back of looking pretty dog shit for large parts of last season too. Although they did win this fixture 0-4 not all that long ago, their away record was generally poor and they'll field, I think, zero signings in their opening game while being short of Rice. Bournemouth's manager is also pretty highly rated in Spain. West Ham will start buying, it's just not happened yet. The fixture has come too early for them, home win.

Brentford are very good in these games anyway, did well against Spurs last season picking up 4 points and have shown that Toney isn't actually as important to them as many believe. Kane clearly isn't going to play, and Postecoglou did start pretty dreadfully at Celtic too. His methods, while effective, make take a while and I think this is about a bad a fixture as they could open with relative to how well it could play out later in the season. Home win.

£10 returns £74.20 - if you took it on 365, including their 2.5% bonus it would be £75.85 but for arguments sake I'll go with the former and use the latter for info incase anybody wanted this.

Others to consider, I think we're actually a quite generous price against a side we normally always beat away, Doncaster in the circles I follow are being ranked as very overpriced to win at Newport. Not enough data to go off for the foreign leagues yet for me so I'll leave them until probably 5/6 weeks in. France, Portugal, Spain and Turkey are all underway this week.

Southampton to beat Norwich

Watford to beat Plymouth 

£10 at 2.11 wins £31.69

Edit - Not sure if it counts but when I did this it added an 'Acca Boost' at Bet365 without me pressing anything. So if that isnt meant to count, deduct 52p from winnings.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Southampton to beat Norwich

Watford to beat Plymouth 

£10 at 2.11 wins £31.69

Edit - Not sure if it counts but when I did this it added an 'Acca Boost' at Bet365 without me pressing anything. So if that isnt meant to count, deduct 52p from winnings.

It does that on 365. I've found the odds for these (Southampton 1.83, Watford 1.70) but in future, just for help are people OK to drop the odds of each selection as well please? Cheers.

The boost on 365 actually goes up with each selection, think it's 5% for a treble, 10% for a four fold etc... actually makes it worth throwing in the odd 1/16 providing the league is covered.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Dan said:

My two...

image.png.4a0fae19bb806af9ac4e9169a542fa84.png

I'm taking Bournemouth and Brentford to win this weekend.

Bournemouth are the team I think I rate the most compared to the bookies, who generally have them floating about 16th/17th and I personally think they'll be well clear of it. I think their recruitment has been low key pretty decent in 2023 while West Ham seem to have just totally buckled, and that's on the back of looking pretty dog shit for large parts of last season too. Although they did win this fixture 0-4 not all that long ago, their away record was generally poor and they'll field, I think, zero signings in their opening game while being short of Rice. Bournemouth's manager is also pretty highly rated in Spain. West Ham will start buying, it's just not happened yet. The fixture has come too early for them, home win.

Brentford are very good in these games anyway, did well against Spurs last season picking up 4 points and have shown that Toney isn't actually as important to them as many believe. Kane clearly isn't going to play, and Postecoglou did start pretty dreadfully at Celtic too. His methods, while effective, make take a while and I think this is about a bad a fixture as they could open with relative to how well it could play out later in the season. Home win.

£10 returns £74.20 - if you took it on 365, including their 2.5% bonus it would be £75.85 but for arguments sake I'll go with the former and use the latter for info incase anybody wanted this.

Others to consider, I think we're actually a quite generous price against a side we normally always beat away, Doncaster in the circles I follow are being ranked as very overpriced to win at Newport. Not enough data to go off for the foreign leagues yet for me so I'll leave them until probably 5/6 weeks in. France, Portugal, Spain and Turkey are all underway this week.

Dan you've taken the exact double I wanted

• Haha 1