talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How many goals will Harry Kane score this season?

How many goals will Harry Kane score this season?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Harry Kane score this season?

• 0-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-15
    • 15-20
    • 20-25
    • 25-30
    • 30-35
    • 35-40
    • 40+

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, let's see the reality here. You suggested Kane would score that many goals he'd had to improve on his current rate, even under the condition he wouldn't miss a match for being banned, injured or rested. When I told you that, you made a condescending comment. Do you consider respect towards others to be one of your fortitudes?

I was complimenting you? What the hell man. 

I made a mistake as I forgot there'd only 34 games in BL and said you made a great point. There was no condescension (not sure where you see that?!). I got it wrong and you corrected me. I don't have an issue here? 

• Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

Settle down, boys. No arguing in the Bundesliga section, leave the caveman behaviour to the Premier League section! 

I'm so close to being done with this place. I didn't even want or start an argument. Not least would I do it with @Rucksackfranzose either. No idea where the 'respect towards others' dig comes from either. Bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm so close to being done with this place. I didn't even want or start an argument. Not least would I do it with @Rucksackfranzose either. No idea where the 'respect towards others' dig comes from either. Bizarre. 

In all seriousness, I think it was just a simple misunderstanding or a lost in translation kind of thing! No harm done, no big deal. 

If you're done with this place though, we'd always welcome you back to Discord, which we all know you love so much. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I was complimenting you? What the hell man. 

I made a mistake as I forgot there'd only 34 games in BL and said you made a great point. There was no condescension (not sure where you see that?!). I got it wrong and you corrected me. I don't have an issue here? 

Perhaps I'm a bit touchy right now, because I got many aggravating circumstances in my private life and read your comment as sarcasm. If that was me misunderstanding, I apologize.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Perhaps I'm a bit touchy right now, because I got many aggravating circumstances in my private life and read your comment as sarcasm. If that was me misunderstanding, I apologize.

I hope you can sort all these cirumstances in your private life out and it will soon be better! 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

All good. I hope you are okay and get any support needed to help get you through it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I dont remember If I said 25-30 or 30-35 but I still think anything over 30 is what we could have hoped for going in and hes certainly on pace for that and more. He has been exactly as advertised and fit right in instantly. He could probably have more if some of our wingers would use him more tbh. 

Also dont leave me @Stan :( 

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I dont remember If I said 25-30 or 30-35 but I still think anything over 30 is what we could have hoped for going in and hes certainly on pace for that and more. He has been exactly as advertised and fit right in instantly. He could probably have more if some of our wingers would use him more tbh. 

Also dont leave me @Stan :( 

He's got 6 assists too.

Honestly, I'm so happy to have him out of England because my biases stopped me from really enjoying Kane for what he is - the best England player of an era. So him at Bayern, a club I don't really give a shit about lol, means I can just watch the highlights of the impressive shit he's done and think "wow what a player." Cos he is a very, very, very good player. Lethal in front of goal and very creative.

I think if he stays healthy he'll keep performing at a similar level - and that might be a record breaking first season, I think.

Wild though that someone at Stuttgart I've never heard of is the top scorer though xD

• Like 1

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's got 6 assists too.

Honestly, I'm so happy to have him out of England because my biases stopped me from really enjoying Kane for what he is - the best England player of an era. So him at Bayern, a club I don't really give a shit about lol, means I can just watch the highlights of the impressive shit he's done and think "wow what a player." Cos he is a very, very, very good player. Lethal in front of goal and very creative.

I think if he stays healthy he'll keep performing at a similar level - and that might be a record breaking first season, I think.

Wild though that someone at Stuttgart I've never heard of is the top scorer though xD

Yeah thats just it. Hes dropped super deep at times and played almost as a 10 at other times. His link up play was partly why I thought he would be such a good fit. We desperately missed that last season when Lewy departed as well as the goal threat up top. About idk a quarter of the way through the season we set up with Choups up top and it worked and the attack looked completely different so to have someone of Kane's level has been great to watch. 

I hope youre right about that one but yeah Guirassy has been something else this season, we'll see if he can keep it up. 

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bit early to call, the more goals he scores, the more defenders are going to accept him rupturing his hamstrings with approval while tackling him.

I don't think that's really anything new for him, or any attacking player that's got a history of scoring a lot of goals in strong leagues. And he's pretty good at milking how bad a challenge on him looks, so it could definitely backfire for some over aggressive defenders in terms of giving up penalties/getting sent off. He's definitely a master of the "dark arts" as a way of countering aggressive defending. And he's not beyond being pretty aggressive himself in response to any aggression - and at least in England with our terrible referees, he was always pretty good at staying on their good side even when doing something very dirty.

He's a genuinely world class player and unlike Mane, who lost a lot of pace and really relied on his pace before joining Bayern, I don't think Kane's had the same kind of physical dropoff, nor does his style of play really rely on him being overly physical, to where I thought he'd have any issues adapting to Bayern.

So like you say, I think as long as he's healthy we'll see more of the same from him. Basically a dream situation for him from leaving Spurs tbh - he's come into a side that's full of really good players and he fits in as a focal point basically perfectly.

He's been great and playing in this well oiled machine of players who are in touch with each other makes it easy for him.

After spending his whole career being loyal to a club who don't have realistic possibilities of winning major silverware, I'd say he deserved this move.

It's admirable that he stayed loyal to Spurs. It's what football should be about, although at the same time a player like him deserves medals and you can't begrudge him.

You could argue the 2 most inform players around right now are himself and Bellingham, and it's not often you say that about 2 English players.

Then again, I'd personally say Mbappe is the current best, although playing in Ligue 1 goes against him, due to its lack of popularity. I wouldn't say it was a more difficult league to score in than the Bundesliga though. The Bundesliga is a better league but Ligue 1 is very physical, which makes it tougher than people give it credit for.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 12/11/2023 at 03:18, Carnivore Chris said:

He's been great and playing in this well oiled machine of players who are in touch with each other makes it easy for him.

After spending his whole career being loyal to a club who don't have realistic possibilities of winning major silverware, I'd say he deserved this move.

It's admirable that he stayed loyal to Spurs. It's what football should be about, although at the same time a player like him deserves medals and you can't begrudge him.

You could argue the 2 most inform players around right now are himself and Bellingham, and it's not often you say that about 2 English players.

Then again, I'd personally say Mbappe is the current best, although playing in Ligue 1 goes against him, due to its lack of popularity. I wouldn't say it was a more difficult league to score in than the Bundesliga though. The Bundesliga is a better league but Ligue 1 is very physical, which makes it tougher than people give it credit for.

The kind of funny thing is most of the players around him kind of have a shoot first mentality. Theres been several chunks of matches where Kane just seemingly gets no service or the link up just looks broken at times and then all of a sudden late in the game he gets a pass or two and bangs a few in. Its been getting better and Sane having the season hes having has definitely helped, him and Kane have been pretty good together from the start. Musiala seems to be developing some chemistry with him now and thats good to see. All of this rambling and the guy still has a bucket full of goals and assists to for that matter.

Long winded way of saying I think it only gets better tbh. If we do end up signing a pure 6 in January and move Kimmich forward I think thats the playmaker we could use going forward.