talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Weird one, I wouldn't read too much into it as even if he's leaving it won't be until 2020 begins. 

They did say they would decide on Hamilton's team mate during the summer break which is over halfway done now. It was supposed to be between him and Ocon but if Ocon goes to Renault then perhaps there would be a left field option we hadn't considered to go into that seat. Russell or even Verstappen as a big shocker.

I doubt it though, I'm 70% sure it will be Bottas still, 20% Ocon, 10% some wildcard third option.

I hope it's not Max to Mercedes. It really really be awful, especially is Vettel does retire. The two most talented drivers do not to be in the same car, and besides, Max is extrememly competitive in the RB outfit, so I'm not sure why he'd leave. Mercedes dropping Bottas doesn't make sense, as he seems like a good teammate and is the second best driver this year. I do think that if Vettel does retire (don't think it'll happen), then shit will get really crazy as I would have no idea who would fill that void.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I hope it's not Max to Mercedes. It really really be awful, especially is Vettel does retire. The two most talented drivers do not to be in the same car, and besides, Max is extrememly competitive in the RB outfit, so I'm not sure why he'd leave. Mercedes dropping Bottas doesn't make sense, as he seems like a good teammate and is the second best driver this year. I do think that if Vettel does retire (don't think it'll happen), then shit will get really crazy as I would have no idea who would fill that void.

I don't think Mercedes would risk the fireworks of Lewis vs Max. It would be good for the spectator though in my opinion. It would stop each race being Hamilton win as the default position, and we probably would get some fireworks. It would be especially interesting if we get to 2021 and another team has stolen a march on Mercedes under the new regulations.

If I could guarantee that Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes would have similar performance for a season then my preference would be more towards keeping Max in one team, Hamilton in another team, and Vettel and Leclerc in another.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha most definitely the worst autocorrect that ever happened to me. I feel violated and need to puke. 

If that's the worst, you're lucky!

Not as bad as typing 'shit' instead of 'shot' in important e-mails or texts xD  

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

If that's the worst, you're lucky!

Not as bad as typing 'shit' instead of 'shot' in important e-mails or texts xD  

To be fair my worst was probably typing "reite mich" (ride me) instead of "rette mich" (rescue me) xD

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, nudge said:

To be fair my worst was probably typing "reite mich" (ride me) instead of "rette mich" (rescue me) xD

xD Can you imagine receiving that text from Nudge one night...  

She must be drunk, lonely or horny... hopefully all three I would think to myself.. B| Imagine how gutted you would be after rushing round and finding out she has just locked herself out because the key snapped off in the keyhole.. 

"Yea, but I thought..... nevermind! "

Image result for gutted gif

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD Can you imagine receiving that text from Nudge one night...  

She must be drunk, lonely or horny... hopefully all three I would think to myself.. B| Imagine how gutted you would be after rushing round and finding out she has just locked herself out because the key snapped off in the keyhole.. 

"Yea, but I thought..... nevermind! "

Image result for gutted gif

I actually got a reply "Gerne" (with pleasure) to that too so that was quite hilarious xD To be fair as things turned out he was indeed doing the riding part a few months later anyway so I suppose that was more of a Freudian slip than a typing error xD:ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that one. As always, Alex comes across as a mature and intelligent fella; very down to earth too. 

Same. Probably the Beyond the Grid podcast I've enjoyed the most so far. He is a really pleasant person. Humble, able to have a laugh at his own expense, good self reflection and talks just like a normal bloke who knows he was a bit lucky (and ofc very talented) to land an F1 seat. Sounds like a great guy to have a beer and a chat with. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why does Albon race under the Thai flag and not British? 

Why not? He's half Thai, has a Thai passport (dual nationality) and also had a lot of support from Thailand throughout his racing career. So part of it is heritage but it's also a very smart choice from the marketing point of view; taking up the role of the first Thai driver since the 50s helps attract both sponsors and fans in Asia and makes him stand out more than being just another British racing driver.